It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews accepts Democratic loss of Senate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Chris 'Tingle down the leg' Matthews is really something else as a person on mainstream news, broadcasting to millions. I don't know how many watch these days...but it's broadcasting out that far, anyway.

I have a feeling the Dems aren't rolling over quite this easy, but again, it's something to hear him say it.

“It’s going to be very hard to hold the Senate — I think the Senate goes,” he said on Morning Joe on Thursday. “I think we heard from the Ghost of Christmas Future this week; they’re going to lose the Senate,”

That was quick. We aren't even into the proper running yet and he's thrown the towel. I don't much care for the guy, but if he were on "my side" I'd ask he choose another. lol.....

Just, please, whatever anyone does...don't follow his final advice? (This...from someone who probably imagines he's a journalist or something... Good God!)

Matthews offered his own campaign advice for Democrats if they want to minimize the damage this fall: Go all-in on scare tactics. He encouraged Democrats to up the ante on various issues, such as framing voter-ID laws as attacks on minorities and pro-life measures as attacks on abortion rights.
Source

Win at any cost and the ends justify the means...eh? MSNBC might get more viewers if they had something at least closely resembling journalists or even commentators with grounding in the real nation they report to. This sort of thing can't be helpful to the network at all.

In my personal opinion? Just...Wow!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Now Chris ?

Why on earth would the Democrats lose the Senate ?

Finally admitting people out here in the real world don't buy the Democrat hype ?

The reason the left might lose control of the Senate is because they have made bonehead move after boneheaded move for the last 6 years.

I hope they do lose the Senate, but the Republicans would be better positioned to stay where they are, and sweep it in 2016.

2 years is an eternity in politics.

And if the right were to win the Senate, and maintained control of the house ?

That does not bode well for the 2016 presidential elections.

That would give the left 2 years of demagoguery to keep the presidency, and regain the senate, and we will be back to square one.

Politics is a chess game.

Mathews is playing checkers.
edit on 13-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

He encouraged Democrats to up the ante on various issues, such as framing voter-ID laws as attacks on minorities and pro-life measures as attacks on abortion rights.

So his advice isnt to discuss any of the things they may be losing the Senate for having done or not done. His advice is to pull back into tried and true hate politics.

Don't make your party look better than the other party. Just make the other party look worse than yours.

And folks wonder why politics is a # game for thieves and liars.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A voter complacency ruse?

Didn't someone recently show that it's only about 3% of the voters that make candidacy possible in an election?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't think we'll lose the senate, I think things will stay the same for the next decade or so. Republican majority in the house with democrats controlling the white house and senate.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A small question. . . if the republicans held the senate, would the "nuclear option" created by Harry Reid still be in effect?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

None of that surprises me. I try to remember elections are bread and butter for 24-7 news channels. Some start the campaign drivel the day after elections. I can't say I watch any of it since I discarded cable about 2 years ago. My blood pressure is better for it.

I do sometimes catch a glimpse of what the stations are pushing from time to time in doctors offices or when I visit family. The stupidity they all push reaffirms my choice in dropping cable. I actually think the invent of 24-7 news stations has been detrimental to this country because they are all agenda driven by corporate sponsors. I hope one day the populace wises up to their tactics and shuns them.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

muse7
I don't think we'll lose the senate, I think things will stay the same for the next decade or so. Republican majority in the house with democrats controlling the white house and senate.

Yes because they have done a single thing to help regular folks even once, lets see, the "party of the people" gave billions to the elites after they wrecked the economy through shear greed. Then bailed out the auto industry because of their ( dem supported unions ran them into the ground) "habits". Or after they FFed the H up on foreign policy leading to Obama's not only letting but endorsing Russia's hostile takeover western Europe.......

Obamacare..........we will just leave that one out of this conversation since it is too easy a target.

Ya the dems are looking great heading into the elections, BTW have you been eating brownies from Colorado? Because your not even making any sense when you talk!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Chris Matthews has got to be a total loon. The guy used to seem legit back in early 2000 or maybe I was just unaware. Either way his fortitude and determination are embarrassing regardless of who he sides with, dems may want to avoid him at all costs.

So if the reps hold the house and take the senate does that mean they can start impeachment proceedings against Obama immediately and make it stick?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

beezzer

A small question. . . if the republicans held the senate, would the "nuclear option" created by Harry Reid still be in effect?

It would be "unconstitutional" because it doesnt work in their favor.

Thought that was obvious.....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Democrats will not only keep the Senate they will also take the House. The reason why they will be able to do this is simple in fighting between the GOP and the Tea Party will screw the Republicans this time around. The leaders of the GOP needs to tell the Tea Party to form their own party and stop running on the Republican ticket.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

buster2010
Democrats will not only keep the Senate they will also take the House. The reason why they will be able to do this is simple in fighting between the GOP and the Tea Party will screw the Republicans this time around. The leaders of the GOP needs to tell the Tea Party to form their own party and stop running on the Republican ticket.

no, no buster....we must keep the tea party alive and well, just think if they put up Ted Cruz for the 2016 election, that'll be a fun couple of months

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The 2014 races are important to the GOP specifically because the 2016 Senate races greatly favor the democrats. If there is a poor showing in 2014 by the GOP it opens up the possibility of a filibuster proof majority in 2016 for the Crats. If the GOP can get to at least 52 seats the next election cycle it looks realistic that the Senate could stay divided or in GOP control until 2020, if we make it that far.
edit on 13-3-2014 by azdaze because: Forgot a P

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The answer is yes, and it would be used!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

buster2010
. The leaders of the GOP needs to tell the Tea Party to form their own party and stop running on the Republican ticket.

Why should the GOP do that? They didn't do it 30 years ago when the religious crazies started throwing their weight around in the party, and a case can be made that the religious crazies have been far more detrimental to the GOP long term than the Tea Party ever could.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think the continued stumble-out of Obamacare alone will seal the Dems fate. There are probably still people out there who haven't realized the implications of a $6k-10k deductible on health insurance yet, but there's plenty of time for the horror to be revealed, and when it becomes clear what Obama has done, I believe the populace will retaliate at the balot box.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

480Y277V
reply to post by beezzer

yes and they will use it to overturn the ACA, Roe v wade, medicare, privatize social security, eliminate food stamps, etc....anything that helps the $40,000 or below income crowd....the "R's" will gut everything they can since FDR got into office, if you have money, they love you, if you don't..."f" you

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

jimmyx

480Y277V
reply to post by beezzer

yes and they will use it to overturn the ACA, Roe v wade, medicare, privatize social security, eliminate food stamps, etc....anything that helps the $40,000 or below income crowd....the "R's" will gut everything they can since FDR got into office, if you have money, they love you, if you don't..."f" you

Sorry. Still not as scary as clowns, spiders, or mimes with coughs.

You dems will have to do better if you're going to terrorize the nation into voting for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Mathews is being shrewd.

He's seen Fox go from being the Pro-Gubmint, Pro-Totalitarian State, Respect the President or "Get Out the Country" Network to the Anti-Gubmint, Anti-Black Man in the White House, the President is a Kenyan Muslim Network.

Fox makes a lot of money being in the opposition, If the GOP takes the Senate, MSNBC can do the same.

I hope the GOP does take the Senate. It will be the final Death Knell of the Republican Party. If all the Crazies get in, the last two years of the Obama administration will be remembered for the most outrageous Pro-Corporate, Anti-American, Right Wing Nastiness the country has ever seen.

But Obama has a veto pen so it won't get too bad.

Then in 2016, the Democrats will keep the Presidency, re-take the Senate and re-take the House.

And it will be a long time before the GOP regain any branch of Government.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I read your post, and I am just curious about something. You state that you believe that if the GOP regains the Senate that it will be the death knell of the party. My memory leads me back to a few short years ago, to a time when the Democrats held the House, the Senate, and the White house. They were nearly an unstoppable force in politics. Yet here we are, a half decade later, and with all that power and clout that the Dems held it is really hard for the average person to look around and see any tangible results from that time that helped them in any meaningful way. Even some Dems are looking at ACA with suspicious eyes, as it may hurt their political careers. The only solace we can really take from that time is a bunch of stuffed suits and talking heads telling us it would have been a lot worse if not for the Dems and we would all be worse off today. But the funny thing is that there were a bunch of OTHER stuffed suits and talking heads telling us the Dems are full of it. So if a party that has absolute power fails to make the average American's life better in any measurable way, if they haven't been lambasted at the polls , then why would an opposing party be lambasted at the polls for merely opposing every measure ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join