It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews accepts Democratic loss of Senate.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

BritofTexas
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Mathews is being shrewd.

Say what? Mathews is a brain dead talking head puppet.
What ever the party needs, he will progagandize it.

Remember when he said Obama had never done
anything wrong in his entire life???

edit on 14-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

jimmyx

480Y277V
reply to post by beezzer

The answer is yes, and it would be used!

yes and they will use it to overturn the ACA, Roe v wade, medicare, privatize social security, eliminate food stamps, etc....anything that helps the $40,000 or below income crowd....the "R's" will gut everything they can since FDR got into office, if you have money, they love you, if you don't..."f" you

bummer, eh?

but it's not used for what you think.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

burntheships

BritofTexas

Mathews is being shrewd.

Say what? Mathews is a brain dead talking head puppet.
What ever the party needs, he will progagandize it.

Remember when he said Obama had never done
anything wrong in his entire life???

edit on 14-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

well, he might be correct to say obama never got a parking ticket, (if he never had a drivers licence).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious. You guys are adorable. Thinking your Democrats and Republicans are actually at odds with each other. Keep bending over and taking it from both sides.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by buster2010

Can't say I like Grayson, entirely to emotional. Kucinich would be a better choice but he has a chance in hell if the past is anything to look at.

Kucinich would make a horrible President. He was good in the House, he could be pretty good as a Senator but he would be woefully lacking as a President and lost any credibility he had when he decided to take a paycheck from Fox. If it were up to me I'd like to see Sanders run.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Although CM is correct in his assessment of demo derby doom in 14....I still have no respect for a consummate liar and news bully. We don't need CM to know that the DP and the obama big lie is over.

Repubs will REPEAL it with the kind assistance of the Tea Party.

As for the 16 R nominee -Watch Mr stealth himself Jeb Bush lying in his lair waiting to pounce on a hapless, divided and confused Republican Party.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Unidentifiable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

beezzer

A small question. . . if the republicans held the senate, would the "nuclear option" created by Harry Reid still be in effect?

Not only would it still be in effect, expect the Republicans to expand on it beyond just Presidential appointees. How do I know this? Because the Republicans said as such when the Dems enacted it in the first place.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

beezzer

A small question. . . if the republicans held the senate, would the "nuclear option" created by Harry Reid still be in effect?

Not only would it still be in effect, expect the Republicans to expand on it beyond just Presidential appointees.

See, that's the thing. Dems and libs cheered when their party had the reigns, but when the GOP captures the senate, there will be so much weeing, that I'm planning on buying stock in adult diapers!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It so annoying to me how these partisans view abuses and tyranny in such a relative way.

Bush's abuses were bad. Obamas abuses are good.
Bush's stupid actions and comments were a sign of ineptitude. Obama's stupid actions and comments are just jokes.

I only hope that if the R's take the Senate and make use of D created powers the D fanboys finally wake the # up and see Washington for what it really is.

Everybody thinks tyranny is fun when it's your boot on the neck. Sooner or later your neck lands under the boot.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

beezzer

Krazysh0t

beezzer

Not only would it still be in effect, expect the Republicans to expand on it beyond just Presidential appointees.

See, that's the thing. Dems and libs cheered when their party had the reigns, but when the GOP captures the senate, there will be so much weeing, that I'm planning on buying stock in adult diapers!

Oh I expect that the Dems will complain left and right when the Republicans start using the nuclear option, but they made their bed. They need to lie in it. Even if it happens to be infested with bed bugs.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Remember, it was all Bush's fault, but Obama is just a "puppet" so he is blameless.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I laugh heartily @ the thought of Jeb Bush as he brings the family clan (should we say cabal?) into full political redemption with not so much as a whisper of BHO's name. Imagine the WH teeming with "Bush's" all over the freshly landscaped front lawn come 2016.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Unidentifiable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by oblvion

I’ll ignore, for your sake, the rude comment.

The Democrats are bad but he GOP is 20 times worst, as human beings and on issues.

The Dems are a bad cold and the GOP is cancer

So Obamacare was a good thing in your opinion? How about fast and furious? You know where the dem controlled government intentionally caused a gun problem, so they could use the problem to take away guns?

How about Benghazi? You know, where contrary to all US Military protocol, we abandoned our guys to die. Just for the record I served 6 years in the ARMY, they teach you one thing above all else all the time. You never leave your battle buddies behind, and you just have to hold out, we are going to come for you no matter what. This is the exact opposite of what happened, because Obama didnt want to look bad going into the election. Seriously, American lives are just so much fodder when it is politically expedient for the Dem president you adore so much?

How about the IRS, or any number of this presidents many scandals.

The Dems are far and away more corrupt, using a " the ends justify the means" mentality at all times.

Please dont "ignore it for my sake", I want to have this conversation.

You will lose badly on all fronts. Dems have done way more harm than good for the people every time they are in power. I am not saying the repubs are much better, but they are better than the Dems.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I took a little bit of time to put a graphic together to show the way the American system swings almost like clockwork, back and forth and in a general balance.

Bush blew that balance in ideology, as Clinton had before him. Now Obama has blown it further in how far the pendulum swings. It always, historically, swings back. Clinton brought Bush, Bush brought Obama, and Obama brings...??

Here is the general and regular ebb and flow of partisan politics, and this pretty well shows it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/um53224e53.gif[/atsimg]

I'm not worried if the Republicans take over the Senate because nothing much will change. We'll get the crap sandwich from Stage Right, instead of Stage Left ..Oh, and appointment vote by simple majority as Reid so helpfully set precedent for will be a real hoot. (wicked laugh). Turn about is fair play, and that VERY stupid stunt will come back to play hard on him and all who backed him with it. 1 party control, absolutely, for nominations and appointments.

Outside of that though? Both sides have had their time at bat with total, across the board control with both houses of congress AND the White House. Neither side used it to do anything worthy of mention or worth bragging about, anyway. They sure didn't tackle the big problems or strive to overcome the challenges of our time with inspired solutions while they had a free hand to act. Oh..hell no. They padded their own pockets....BOTH of them did, respectively, and they tinkered with rules and the system overall to best serve their own party afterward.

Nothing changes but the faces running the committees and the goofball holding the gavel. They all still have cocktails together around D.C., after they play fight for the public.

It was amusing in this case, watching one of the chief cheerleaders for the far left in Media, throwing in the towel before a season even properly starts.

Sources: US Senate / US House

Perfectly stated wrabbit, your spot on here.

Now stop with all your logic and reason, your going to implode the heads of the party loyalists.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

You never leave your battle buddies behind, and you just have to hold out, we are going to come for you no matter what.

Just a quick side note on this as an observation? That is one of those key, special, "somethings" that are nearly impossible to define but critical to have in making a military willing to fight through the gates of Hades itself. Until Libya, they knew the system they belonged to would do anything it took to get them, as long as there was any hope at all they still were there to get. Losing things like that impact so far beyond the obvious and most easily seen, IMO.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

buster2010

TDawgRex
I'd like to see both "D" and "R" lose seats to the "L" and "I"'s. Enough to split it all up 4 ways to Sunday.

Probably nothing would still get done...and maybe that is needed.

Or maybe people need to actually start to vet the people who are running. I know that's asking for a whole lot considering the past 14 years.

But if Matthews says the Dems are doomed to lose in '14, I doubt it, he really doesn't have a clue.

And for those that think that Hillary will run, I doubt that as well. She's pretty ill at the moment. After that, who do they have to run?

Alan Grayson would be a good choice for the Dems. In some ways he thought pretty much like Ron Paul and he wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

Buster you and I dont really see eye to eye too often, but this guy seems to be a good choice.

I might even vote for him, after I dig around for more info about him that is, I just a couple articles and saw a couple of youtube vids with him talking.

Interesting at least, for the sake of distraction in researching this guy further.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

BrianFlanders
We can only hope. I have no love for the Republican party but I live to see the day when the people who forced Obamacare on me and everyone else who didn't want it will have to deal with the same kind of thoughtless oppression. [/quote

I agree, if I must suffer because of their idiocy, I simply want them to suffer in an equal measure.

Misery loves company and all that...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by beezzer

It so annoying to me how these partisans view abuses and tyranny in such a relative way.

Bush's abuses were bad. Obamas abuses are good.
Bush's stupid actions and comments were a sign of ineptitude. Obama's stupid actions and comments are just jokes.

I only hope that if the R's take the Senate and make use of D created powers the D fanboys finally wake the # up and see Washington for what it really is.

Everybody thinks tyranny is fun when it's your boot on the neck. Sooner or later your neck lands under the boot.

Words of wisdom if ever there were any spoken.

Wish I could star you 100 times, this will have do though.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

The Dems are power-mongers, just like the Repubs, just like anyone you put in power.

It's the nature of power.

These examples though, manufactured by the right-wing media machine, and oft repeated by adherents are merely flawed:

ACA/Obamacare: A great example of what can happen when no one in the Congress works together (aka the story of the last six years). Perhaps if the Republicans had worked with the process and done their sworn duty, instead of merely stamping their foot and pouting for political positioning, we'd have had a better law.

Benghazi: A tragedy that has been basely used to make political hay shaming the four Americans who died doing their duty. The ghosts of 241 American servicemen killed in Beirut wonder where the outrage was over their deaths.

IRS "Scandal": /sigh. This gets dredged up so often until we are reminded that the IRS also "targeted" progressive groups, i.e. they were doing their job.
edit on 10Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:47:22 -050014p102014366 by Gryphon66 because: Danged spurious apostrophes

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by oblvion

You never leave your battle buddies behind, and you just have to hold out, we are going to come for you no matter what.

Just a quick side note on this as an observation? That is one of those key, special, "somethings" that are nearly impossible to define but critical to have in making a military willing to fight through the gates of Hades itself. Until Libya, they knew the system they belonged to would do anything it took to get them, as long as there was any hope at all they still were there to get. Losing things like that impact so far beyond the obvious and most easily seen, IMO.

Our military might is born of one concept above all others. Your "battle buddies" will come for you, even if you are at the gates of hell itself. I never once questioned if they would come for me, or if I would fight the hordes of hell to save just one of them. They are my brothers and sisters, we always have the others 6 o'clock position, even in "the suck", NO especially "in the suck"!!!!

Yes we have some really nice and shiny toys, but in the end, the individual soldier is always the bedrock that every military is built upon.

When they KNOW, without a doubt in their minds, that no matter how bad their situation, their battle buddies are coming for them, through hell or high water. Outnumbered outgunned and low on ammo, US soldiers will still push to save their brothers and sisters.

It is tenacity, moral, and shear balls. When you know your brothers and sisters are coming, you will fight so much harder than thinking it is all for naught, you cant win, you will die no matter what.

Obama has taken that assurance away from our soldiers, it is like a true and sacred trust, it can never be violated, because once it is, it is next to impossible to get it back.

I used to tell my kids the military was a solid future path towards excellence, I now tell them it is not the way to get ahead.......hurts my soul I served and sacrificed so much time away from them just for this to be the outcome.

Our "leaders" are trash at best, I will never again in my life vote for anyone who hasnt made the choice to place themselves in these soldiers shoes.

Only someone who has actually sacrificed for this country can even begin to understand the reality of keeping it free. Most of these tools in office havent served, for the first time in history.

America has a long tradition of electing military men, men of honor, that sacrificed, and bled for this land. We now have a bunch of college frat trolls running the show.

This is the problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join