It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Just a crazy thought... But if hijacked they could be asking for the release of Tohti...whom China has been criticized by the world for arresting(again) a month or so ago. They would not that info to get out. Crazy thought I know. You can get even crazier thinking the 5 who checked in but did not board got accessories through security, met the 2 who did board...again more crazy thoughts

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

Again I'm not sure if been posted but I am on my phone so its a little difficult to check

Apparently they have called the missing passengers phones and some have been answered.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

No.. Moust likely they will do some hostage thing... we will start seeing videos of the people on the fight holding up newspapers on you-tube

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Do they eject on impact? Or anything like that? Anything that a commercial one doesn't do? To make it easier to be found, besides what you mentioned?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You think north Korea might have something to do with this?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Cosmocow
reply to post by charlyv

Do they eject on impact? Or anything like that? Anything that a commercial one doesn't do? To make it easier to be found, besides what you mentioned?

No.. they just go down with the plane.. people need to go down and get them..

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Who answered.. the passengers? Why have they not told authorities where they are..or texted?
Ask that question first.

As for me.. if they are answering.. then I want to know their carrier....I live 1/2 mile from a tower and I don't even get one bar.

I'm not hounding you...I am a bit miffed the papers are putting this out.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Giving it some thought, it's possible they just don't want to go ahead and concede that the flight was destroyed. They already got negative press for telling family members to expect the worse.

This mystery does keep getting more and more strange. Every piece of evidence that looks like it could be something to do with the plane turns up nothing. I would think if an explosion happened in the air that it would be seen by someone. Then there was someone who claimed to see a bright light descending quickly towards the sea (link).

It keeps being brought up that there was no mayday call or other signs of a takeover of the plane, but I recall the last known contact with the plane, another pilot heard them mumbling and couldn't pinpoint the voice to one pilot or the other. Just throwing out random ideas here, but what is the possibility that one of the pilots was in on some type of plot?

I made mention of that yesterday. The phones aren't answering, they are "ringing out", which I assume means either ringing a lot of types and ending or going to voicemail after ringing multiple times.

Either way, most of the time when you call someone and their phone is without battery, turned off or out of range, it will go directly to voicemail. Since that isn't happening, it would imply the phones are fine and within range of a tower, or their carrier handles things differently.
edit on 10-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Bigburgh

Who answered.. the passengers? Why have they not told authorities where they are..or texted?
Ask that question first.

As for me.. if they are answering.. then I want to know their carrier....I live 1/2 mile from a tower and I don't even get one bar.

I'm not hounding you...I am a bit miffed the papers are putting this out.

He is wrong , from his link

The family of a passenger on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight successfully rang his mobile phone - but nobody answered.

This video shows the moment relatives of a Chinese man among the 239 people feared dead after the passenger jet mysteriously disappeared rang his phone live on state television.

The call connected, but then rang out.

link   

Cosmocow
reply to post by charlyv

Nope, they are designed for catastrophic faults, just like commercial use, and they go down with the ship.

There are military aspects in some that have added technology, which is mostly classified, but serves military objectives as well.

link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

From what I read it says something like a passengers phone was answered and apparently this was all done on live TV and there is a video to prove it. Nobody spoke at the other end.

I'm on my phone so I am a little limited but I just wanted to get the info in this thread so you could see for yourselves what the media is saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

My apologies, its late and I am tired.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Bigburgh
OK playing catch up.

If the the story is true that "actual" family members are calling cell phones of loved ones that are aboard the aircraft. And those phones are ringing..this is incredible.

So how does this happen when phones are in a non coverage area?

1:The phone will give the ringing tone if it is on..then going onto the leave a message recording..did that happen?

2:Or if the phone is out of its service area...the caller will get the message saying that the cell phone they are try to reach is out of its coverage area..did that happen? And any phone that's dead goes straight to voicemail.

3: did everyone on board happen to keep their cell phones in plastic zip-lock bags in case of a water landing?

4: how come no one is answering on the other end? Or texting out for help? Or in this day and age...not texting period?

5: if the aircraft was hijacked..why were these cell phones not rounded up and destroyed assuming the plane was taken to a land location where they know a phone can be tracked and give away their location?

6: the only other way I see this happening for cell phones to be working..is not 2 or 4 hijackers IF SO..but the entire flight...ALL of those on
board are in on it.. That's the only way to allow for phones to still be functioning and on.

As for he cell phones...not sure this one sticks either.

edit on 10-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: I might give this story thought if it came from gizmodo or wired.....but not the examiner...
edit on 10-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

fatpastyhead

No problem, the fact that the phone ring is great mistery

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

The only thing that used to eject on impact was the ELT antenna (this was on older aircraft). Now everything is attached, and has to be recovered.

link   
If you bleave in god pray for them please

link   

Yeah and a little spooky.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

fatpastyhead

No its OK...you don't need to apologise.....there are a lot of theories about...all good too.

And I did see the no answering ringing cell phone....
I drew my own logical point for me...

Does not make me right though.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Cosmocow

The only thing that used to eject on impact was the ELT antenna (this was on older aircraft). Now everything is attached, and has to be recovered.

you would think they would have some way of sending all data over some kind of internet by now...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That phone thing was soo creepy.

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join