It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I suppose, if you wanted to abduct a bunch of people, flying off course, below radar horizon to a pre planned rv with a ship and ditching, then scuttling the plane would be a good way.

Lots of risks with ditching though.

Still, if the payoff is big enough it may be worth it to someone.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

you would have to have balls of steel to perform a ditching out of choice........ o and claim waters.... all though I use to command a ship between Doha and the seychelles and have seen some mirror like waters in the middle of the ocean.... so possible I guess.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

IQPREREQUISITE
If it was a hijacking, I couldn't imagine passengers not sending a message to the outside world about what's happening inside the plane. I mean there are over 200 passengers on board. Say there are 10 hijackers. 10 hijackers can't efficiently monitor 200 passengers. On the first minute the hijackers take over the plane, it's inconceivable that at least one passenger would not have sent a text message or something or even tried.

The captain is experienced...he could have somehow made a weird subtle maneuver or turned on an unecessary device. Anything subtle that can alert the authorities.

I mean does anybody here know the mandatory procedure or protocol if an airline pilot is confronted with a hijacking? Is there an international manual we could refer to?

i thought this had been put to bed long ago. a) cellphones do not work if not in "range" of cell towers. b) unlike we have been told about 9-11 (one of the problems with the story we were fed), cellphones DO NOT WORK over a certain height, many people have tried this and failed, my own experience showed "no signal" until we were landing and very close to the ground. so sure someone could have tried but it would not have worked.

as for "aircraft internet", and "air phones" it is set up so that the cockpit can turn it off at will, this is even stated in the airline materials, and agreements when you use the service. so again they could have tried but nothing would come of it.

as for the pilot "doing something". as far as we know the "pilot" could very easily be the one hijacking it. any "hijacker" who has "trained" or studied up for such a mission would be sure to have paid particular attention to things that could be used as a beacon, or communications. if the pilot even tried they would likely be killed on the spot. there was apparently one signal that couldn't be shut off and that was the engines communicating information, back to the engine manufacturer. figure like "onstar". and it seems that they did send signals

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by option158

I wouldn't even attempt it. but, you know, if someone really wanted someone on that plane and the ability to deny it...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

civpop
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

Im thinking that they were somehow incapacitated that's the only logical reason for no messages or any form of contact getting off that plane.

It is possible yes. But to entertain all the facts, the Malaysian authorities released, and turn that into a working scenario...I imagine only the guys at Delta Force, Shayetet 13 or SAS could pull of such a complicated operation. You know, highly...highly skilled military type #. Coz the scenario would have us believe...

1. Operators have working practical knowledge of aviation tech. They know where and how to turn off all the tracking devices. Plus they know the consequences if they turn those off.

2. Operators can quickly incapacitate (whatever way, shape or form you fancy as being plausible) over 200 passengers.

3. Operators can fly a jumbo jet, specifically a Boeing 777-200ER with 7.5 hours of fuel left, under radar (approx. under 1000 feet at 200 knots) over mountainous regions, crossing borders undetected, sustained over hours...half of which are at night time.

4. Operators know how the authorities would respond, how and when SAR would kick in and when they will eventually be found out.

5. Operators are willing to die.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Just a thought, we know about the 20 Freescale employees, we think the Ukraine guy was maybe an electrician,the calligraphers.
I wonder what the other passengers did for a living??

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

generik

IQPREREQUISITE
If it was a hijacking, I couldn't imagine passengers not sending a message to the outside world about what's happening inside the plane. I mean there are over 200 passengers on board. Say there are 10 hijackers. 10 hijackers can't efficiently monitor 200 passengers. On the first minute the hijackers take over the plane, it's inconceivable that at least one passenger would not have sent a text message or something or even tried.

The captain is experienced...he could have somehow made a weird subtle maneuver or turned on an unecessary device. Anything subtle that can alert the authorities.

I mean does anybody here know the mandatory procedure or protocol if an airline pilot is confronted with a hijacking? Is there an international manual we could refer to?

i thought this had been put to bed long ago. a) cellphones do not work if not in "range" of cell towers. b) unlike we have been told about 9-11 (one of the problems with the story we were fed), cellphones DO NOT WORK over a certain height, many people have tried this and failed, my own experience showed "no signal" until we were landing and very close to the ground. so sure someone could have tried but it would not have worked.

as for "aircraft internet", and "air phones" it is set up so that the cockpit can turn it off at will, this is even stated in the airline materials, and agreements when you use the service. so again they could have tried but nothing would come of it.

as for the pilot "doing something". as far as we know the "pilot" could very easily be the one hijacking it. any "hijacker" who has "trained" or studied up for such a mission would be sure to have paid particular attention to things that could be used as a beacon, or communications. if the pilot even tried they would likely be killed on the spot. there was apparently one signal that couldn't be shut off and that was the engines communicating information, back to the engine manufacturer. figure like "onstar". and it seems that they did send signals

But if you look at the map where they are supposed to be headed, and if they are flying below radar (they are over land and flying under 1000 feet)...there's bound to be a cell tower in range. But I speculate. We all speculate.

Good point on the the pilot. He could have been shot but the hijackers would've needed a replacement for him. Hence we are looking for a passenger who's had training like that artist guy some posters mentioned awhile back.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
what a load of old cobblers...

Friday, March 14, 12:13 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - 18th Media Statement

Malaysia Airlines reiterates that we will continue to give our full support in cooperating with the search and rescue mission which is coordinated by the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia (DCA) under the purview of the Ministry of Transport, Malaysia.

Malaysia Airlines is fully aware of the on-going media speculations and we have nothing further to add to the information we have already provided.

Our primary focus at this point in time is to care for the families of the passengers and crew of MH370. This means providing them with timely information, travel facilities, accommodation, meals, medical and emotional support.

Malaysia Airlines will continue to provide regular updates to the general public via the media and our website on all matters affecting MH370.

Source

Come on Malaysian Airways, step up and do the right thing. At least until it is over.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

qmantoo
Bit harsh I would say. Maybe the Chinese government will take pity on them and let them stay for a while longer? (That would be good PR for China)
I don't know why the families went to Malaysia anyway, the 10% that did. 90% of them didn't IIRC. If the plane had crashed in Malaysia it would make sense but initially the plane could have crashed in China for all we knew.

Also, until we know who the hijackers were, it seems a bit premature to say it's not the airline's problem, especially if the pilots or flight crew was involved at all. Not accusing them but since advanced knowledge was needed to pull this off, the pilots are probably on the short list of suspects, but they could be innocent.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

did you see the article "Chinese box exposed" by Tom Heneghan? Facinating, look it up. he says the pane was warned by Vietnam air traffic controller that it was about to be shot down by Chinese govt ( or secret govt) if it continued on path. 3 Chinese military passengers apparently had intel about massive financial misdealings by the Chinese govt. and the govt wanted those people silenced. Artical says plane landed in India. It is an interesting article. I have the feeling that much is being withheld form the public. We are not being told everything that they know. See what you think. If others fond it possible, maybe it should go viral.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

civpop
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

Im thinking that they were somehow incapacitated that's the only logical reason for no messages or any form of contact getting off that plane.

there would have been no contact when not in range of towers and maybe they used some kind of phone jamming equipment to make 100 % sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ediewall

did you read the wholee article? geezzz stop smoking the pipe....

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
From the Malay Prime Minister's statement

Based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the East coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off. From this point onwards, the Royal Malaysian Air Force primary radar showed that an aircraft which was believed – but not confirmed – to be MH370 did indeed turn back. It then flew in a westerly direction back over peninsular Malaysia before turning northwest. Up until the point at which it left military primary radar coverage, these movements are consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.
Today, based on raw satellite data that was obtained from the satellite data service provider, we can confirm that the aircraft shown in the primary radar data was flight MH370. After much forensic work and deliberation, the FAA, NTSB, AAIB and the Malaysian authorities, working separately on the same data, concur. According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.
Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite. However, based on this new data, the aviation authorities of Malaysia and their international counterparts have determined that the plane’s last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors: a northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian ocean. The investigation team is working to further refine the information.
In view of this latest development the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board. Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path.

www.theguardian.com...

So they still believe one of the pilots could have done this for his own reasons and not necessarily a hijacking.
edit on 15-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Question.
I understand that Malaysia is in charge of the investigation because the plane was of Malaysian registration and it was suspected it crashed. But does that change now that it is likely a hijacking?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by option158

Yes. Unless my tablet device cut off part of article that was somehow accessible to others. Uncertain of your specific point.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Start looking for airstrips and anything that looks like an airstrip. Identify all check all, assume nothing check out everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

ManiShuck
Question.
I understand that Malaysia is in charge of the investigation because the plane was of Malaysian registration and it was suspected it crashed. But does that change now that it is likely a hijacking?

I don't think it being 'likely' a hijacking would count.

As the Malay Pm said in his statement, they do not know if it was a hijacking, it could be the pilot went nuts and decided to take the plane off course or suicide. They are still looking at all possibilities but have said it is now certain the plane went on flying.

Until they locate the plane or get some contact from hijackers, it will remain a search and rescue operation, not an investigation.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I read that the hijacker may have climbed to 45000 feet first to knock out the passengers.

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appeared to show that the missing airliner climbed to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and turned sharply to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

Source

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't know why the families went to Malaysia anyway, the 10% that did. 90% of them didn't IIRC. If the plane had crashed in Malaysia it would make sense but initially the plane could have crashed in China for all we knew.
Sorry, I meant to say that this was in Beijing - where the flight was supposed to have landed.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

ediewall
reply to post by tothetenthpower

did you see the article "Chinese box exposed" by Tom Heneghan? Facinating, look it up. he says the pane was warned by Vietnam air traffic controller that it was about to be shot down by Chinese govt ( or secret govt) if it continued on path. 3 Chinese military passengers apparently had intel about massive financial misdealings by the Chinese govt. and the govt wanted those people silenced. Artical says plane landed in India. It is an interesting article. I have the feeling that much is being withheld form the public. We are not being told everything that they know. See what you think. If others fond it possible, maybe it should go viral.

Not everything should go viral. If certain people need to be informed families/people of interest than they should be informed. But the nosey public should be left guessing if it was hijacked by Jimmy hoffa himself or maybe a xfiles scenario... That is IF the above statement was somewhat true. Too many speculations....Who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join