It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Putin Isn’t Hitler, He’s Just Using Hitler’s ‘Tactics’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Clinton: Putin Isn’t Hitler, He’s Just Using Hitler’s ‘Tactics’

Russian President Vladimir Putin isn’t exactly like Adolf Hitler, he’s just doing a lot Hitler-like things, Hillary Clinton said today by way of clarifying her earlier comments that suggested a comparison between the Russian leader and the Nazi dictator.

“I’m not making a comparison certainly,” Clinton said today in remarks at UCLA’s College of Letters and Sciences. “But I am recommending that we can perhaps learn from this tactic that has been used before.”

Yesterday, at a fundraiser during a two-day California swing, Clinton first raised the similarities between Hitler’s actions in the 1930′s and Putin’s current occupation of Crimea, a region of Ukraine.

“Now if this sounds familiar, it’s what Hitler did back in the 30s,” she said, according to a report in the Long Beach Press Telegram. “All the Germans that were … the ethnic Germans, the Germans by ancestry who were in places like Czechoslovakia and Romania and other places, Hitler kept saying they’re not being treated right. I must go and protect my people and that’s what’s gotten everybody so nervous.”

The comments were praised by the likes of Republican Sen. John McCain, and Sen. Marco Rubio, who have both pushed President Obama to be tougher on Putin.

I'd pay real money if she'd just shut up.

Making comments like this inmho isn't helping the situation nor does it put the US in any better of light. How about this administration get on the phone and talk it out with Putin and make some kind of deal?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER you might have to put up a warning about that scary hillary pic.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All I know is Hillary is looking BAD, look at her! Yikes. I'm sorry that's all I have to add, but damn... Carry on.

ETA: I think Hitler would be scared of her..
edit on 5-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No mention of USA using Al Queda techniques in Syria, Libya under her watch?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am glad we are seeing all these talking heads completely making fools of themselves .Along with MSM they have no credibility and most know it .Kerry today talking saying one thing in one sentence and completely contradicting himself in the neat .What a joke . At least Kerry didn't look like he was under any great pressure from his handlers .He may have actually slept in the past 24 hours .

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Wookiep
All I know is Hillary is looking BAD, look at her! Yikes. I'm sorry that's all I have to add, but damn... Carry on.

ETA: I think Hitler would be scared of her..
edit on 5-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Hillary? How about John Kerry?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

He looked much better today but I guess we all have our good days ...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'd pay real money if she'd just shut up.

Let's start a pool. Please deposit your contribution to account: PAC-shut-up-Hillary (no bit coins, thank you)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah.

She really should have stayed away from the Hitler stuff...she certainly endured enough of it herself. But she's not entirely wrong in describing what Hitler did and what Putin is doing. When I listened to the audio of what she said, to me she was making a comparison of tactics to illustrate why this may be making so many people so nervous.

Here's her spin the day after though...and she says she was not making a comparison, per se. So hmmm.

Overall, I think she agrees about the negotiations.

"Nobody wants to up the rhetoric...everyone wants to cool it in order to try to find a diplomatic solution, and that's what we should be trying to do."

edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Her only mistake in my opinion is making a comparison, and then contradict herself by specifically saying she didn't make one.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Don't Hillary and Putin have a long running feud likely based on their equally long running angry sex pact?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

Yeah. That was my exact impression too. If you say something say it with conviction and stick to it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What country and their leader isn't accused of acting like Hitler nowadays? The only person I haven't seen be accused of being Hitler is the latest Pope.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

buster2010
What country and their leader isn't accused of acting like Hitler nowadays? The only person I haven't seen be accused of being Hitler is the latest Pope.

Give it time.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It wasn't Hitler's WWII plan... Adolph adopted the Schlieffen Plan Kaiser Wilhelm used to start WWI.

Now Putin seems to have adopted a similar strategy with a bit of a twist.

History... read it or repeat it, HRC.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

cosmikDebris
Hillary? How about John Kerry?

Got a picture of Morticia, Gomez, It and Fester to round out the family?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

buster2010

Makes sense though, particularly coming from anyone pro NWO, who many theorize Hitler was a covenient pawn for

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If anyone has a resemblance to Hitler it is not Putin, its the last two US administrations. They are the only ones currently bend on ruling the world.

edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well damn I guess the bright side to Clinton ever becoming Potus.

I will get to call her Hitler. and with a picture like that some people will believe it.

My God that is one scary looking person there.

Bush Presidency he was 'Hitler'.

Obama Presidency he is 'Hitler'.

Putin is 'Hitler'.

Hmmm Hitler is the gift that keeps giving. All leaders we don't like get compared to him.

I agree with the op Clinton should just shut up, as Mark Twain says:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

That applies to a lot of people on Capitol Hill.
edit on 5-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

All of the same ilk.

Aligned and non-aligned. Same war, same tactics, same scapegoats, same pawns, new battle.

edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join