It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does getting Banned mean forever?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

There's a ban and then there's a BAN.

I know that there are also temporary posting bans, where member's title are stripped. I lost my "Writer" status over an argument.

My question is, and I did a search for the answer but decided to post my question in this thread rather than starting a new one, I've noticed some long time members are posting but have no avatars. Are the absence of some avatars evidence of some kind of disciplinary action?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Are the absence of some avatars evidence of some kind of disciplinary action?

No. It remains completely the option of a member to have, or not have, an avatar. It has nothing to do with any moderator action unless an avatar used contravenes the T&C's.

If an avatar is removed as being against the rules, then the member may change it to another which is not against the rules.

If a member does not currently have an avatar, it is entirely because they prefer it that way.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I've noticed some great avatars, and get know to the posters by them, and then poof, nothing there but blank space. Oh well. Thanks for answering my question!
edit on 14-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Loghner won't be getting near the internet anytime soon.

^^^^ This. Also, the Jared Loughner / Erad3 posts were not exactly just regular guy chatting on the internet posts, either. Look em up some time - pretty far out mental process going on there...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And you wonder why I hate you

Exponentially (as this universe growth potential is based upon positives); hate has to turn into love, you are not given a choice Zaphod58 as have [not the expected] individualized Free-will. God is in charge of your hatred component; whether you like it or not.
edit on 14-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: enjoies05

I butt dialed Djarums once at like 2 am or 3 am. Overall he was pretty cool about it considering. As for Crakeur, I don't have his number on my phone for exactly that reason. And Semper... well, let's just say he is a very good shot and both close and long range. I have seen it personally. So calling him to chat about Roswell etc... I'd pass.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Meh. It depends. I've been a member here for over 12 years, and I think it's safe to say I've definitely pushed the limitations of acceptable behavior numerous times. I had been banned before, and it was by the graces of the senior staff that I was allowed back under an old forgotten account.

It just depends on the severity of the offense, and whether or not you're willing to leave your past behaviors behind. I've seen plenty of major contributors and small time nuisances allowed back on numerous occasions. It just depends on you.

Hope that answers your question sufficiently.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
originally posted by: windword
a reply to: tothetenthpower

tothetenthpower: There's a ban and then there's a BAN.

windword: I know that there are also temporary posting bans, where member's title are stripped. I lost my "Writer" status over an argument.

My question is, and I did a search for the answer but decided to post my question in this thread rather than starting a new one, I've noticed some long time members are posting but have no avatars. Are the absence of some avatars evidence of some kind of disciplinary action?

No, for some of us it takes years (3) to figure out the tricky insert process (or to choose the appropriate avatar) and IMAGE that adequately describes us (I had not the sufficient skills). There is no conspiracy; IS THERE? Collie head disappears I will know why; its salacious and suggestive of a wholesomeness non existing (perpetrated lie). This is a smart site; live up to being a member in good standing.
edit on 15-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I was 'banned' from ats - for a 72 hour period. It could have been 24, it was a few years back and my recollection is fuzzy.I And not just because it's 527am.

I was posting under the influence of alcohol at the time(which I'm happy to say I haven't indulged in whatsoever since shortly after the incident that I'm about of describe.) and managed to get myself 'banned' for a X number of hours long period of an inability to pose after repeatedly harassing a mod (who happenes to be, today, one of my favorite members of the site's staff) a couple of times.

This was at the height of the site's 'crackdown' on and/all cannabis-related talk. Being the good anti-drug war crusader that I aspire to be, I found myself (ironically, drunkenly) sending PMs to the mod in question about what I perceived to be unfair mod action RE cannabis threads, and leaving messages on the sort of 'guest book' portion of that mod's user profile. Nothing profane, though certainly annoying. I unfairly accused the mod in question of being overzealous in his/her enforcement of what was, at the time, economically at least, prudent measure.

So I apologized in so many words, owned my behaviour and recognized that I had been behaving pretty immaturely. A couple years later, cannabis can be discussed on ATS (within reason, still no personal anecdotes related to the beautiful plant, but general discussion is at least allowed.

All in all I'd rate my experience being 'banned' on ATS as a positive one.

Now a permaban. I feel that if it gets that point, 9.9998 times out of 10 that poster deserved it.
edit on 5/16/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join