It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here comes Secretary Clinton laying the hammer down comparing Putin's actions to those of Hitlers like us laypeople have been saying since the beginning.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nato leader speaks now

www.nato.int...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
James Mates, Europe editor for ITV, says on Twitter that the UN envoy, Serry, that he was detained in the coffee shop with was "rescued" (Mates' term) and is on the way to the airport now. He says police forced their way through the crowd that was surrounding the envoy's car. Full story on ITV at 18:30 he says.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
18:32: Nato is to step up engagement with the civilian and military leadership of Ukraine, Mr Rasmussen adds. www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
UN envoy Serry on ITV describing what happened (story & video of Serry):

UN envoy tells ITV News of confrontation in Crimea

Apparently the video was taken inside the coffee shop before he left or was rescued.

More here on ITV

edit on 5-3-2014 by ikonoklast because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2014 by ikonoklast because: More here link added

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS Nato suspends meeting with Russia and announces "full review" of Nato-Russia cooperation to pressure Russia to back down over Ukraine - Reuters

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Does anyone think that what happened may have been FSB or KGB on the ground getting him out for his own protection..

After all, its lawless out there now. Better to avoid accidents.
edit on PM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The thing that has me most concerned is the suspension of military cooperation between US/NATO/West and Russia.

Since the end of the Cold War that Russia and the West had their small diplomatic duels, but throughout all of them, treaties and cooperation were respected, mostly because that was seen as a vital life line to peace and as a stepping stone to make future decisions.

But watching all sides retreat from those important cooperations and going into isolation mode - and some even stepping up their military exercises and placements - gives me the chills.

I don't remember seeing this type of confrontation, followed by this tremendous isolation and back turning on each-other.
edit on 5-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Who would people compare every leader they even slightly disagreed with if Hitler never existed?

Was like James Buchanan called Napoleon Bonaparte by his enemies?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

We may never find out the truth of ' who ' the 'gunmen ' were but I am thinking it went something like this.
They surround this coffee shopping sensing there is a big fish inside and when they find out he's part of the UN, they
decide they don't want a fish that big because of all the repercussions it would cause so they said ' go on out of here'
and he and his people were so shaken up by it, they just left town on their own to get to a safer place. I think they
wanted to create a stink but not so big a stink as taking hostage anyone from the UN. They knew that would set off
a ton of trouble and quickly.

ETA ** Speculative **
edit on 5-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy
The thing that has me most concerned is the suspension of military cooperation between US/NATO/West and Russia.

Since the end of the Cold War that Russia and the West had their small diplomatic duels, but throughout all of them, treaties and cooperation were respected, mostly because that was seen as a vital life line to peace and as a stepping stone to make future decisions.

But watching all sides retreat from those important cooperations and going into isolation mode - and some even stepping up their military exercises and placements - gives me the chills.

I don't remember seeing this type of confrontation, followed by this tremendous isolation and back turning on each-other.
edit on 5-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

And is not over yet, economic sanctions are coming.Putin was world hero with Sirya,even nominated for Nobel peace prize ,men of the year in many eyes but he screwed all with one stupid move.His days are numbered .

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

schmae

We may never find out the truth of ' who ' the 'gunmen ' were but I am thinking it went something like this.
They surround this coffee shopping sensing there is a big fish inside and when they find out he's part of the UN, they
decide they don't want a fish that big because of all the repercussions it would cause so they said ' go on out of here'
and he and his people were so shaken up by it, they just left town on their own to get to a safer place. I think they
wanted to create a stink but not so big a stink as taking hostage anyone from the UN. They knew that would set off
a ton of trouble and quickly.

Spanish national tv had said he was HARRASED by people, some armed, and he hid in a cafe, nothing more..he wasn't robbed, raped, carjacked or anything else as CNN would like to have it..
edit on PM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

CNN is putting the SIN in sensationalizing today !
I like to keep it on the tv when news is coming in so I can read the news and then see their slant on it as it happens.
It's actually enlightening. That way you understand why 'everyone else' feels the way they do if they are only getting
the CNN angle

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

CNN has been so over the top with their reporting of this. It's like they're going for ratings, hyping it up as much as possible. Very one sided (mostly).
I wouldn't doubt if their hype is effecting the markets, this is going to cost the economy ...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

xavi1000

And is not over yet, economic sanctions are coming.Putin was world hero with Sirya,even nominated for Nobel peace prize ,men of the year in many eyes but he screwed all with one stupid move.His days are numbered .

Yes, but looking by his reaction when he was giving the press conference and he was confronted with questions referring the economic sanctions, he didn't show the least restrain nor fear. Putin actually showed the opposite of that, naming a couple of examples where he could undermine such sanctions.

The worrying part is that until this whole Ukraine mess, super-powers didn't put everything on the line because world politics still had that "we have something to lose by hurting each-other" ring to it. But now it doesn't seem so. When you threat someone, and their response is "so bring it, we can hurt you back", that's when everyone needs to get their act together and realize how serious this is.

And in my opinion, to this moment, the West response has been weak and ineffective, mostly because Putin saw all of that crap coming miles ago, and I'm afraid to say, he even planned for that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Right... My queries if someone wishes to respond. Thank you in advance
So Putin hasn't actually said it's war but Ukraine is assuming it is?
Also has the army actually fired at the Law abiding Ukrainians yet? as for this moment in time i've only seen being friendly and defending the russian citizens of ukraine from being killed and fired at by the neo-Nazi people.
Not all the Ukrainians want to be in the EU as the news said. Which is confirmed by minimum of 40% of the population i do believe.
Russia yes it is invading Ukraine from a protective point of view. And Putin probably is out to get Crimea yet at the same time he is protecting his people?

Thank you for reading glad for replies

Let all be alright

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS Sergei Lavrov leaves talks in Paris, saying discussions will continue in the coming days.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
More breaking news... Obama is talking about raising the minimum wage ..........and nothing else !

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ukraine is right to call it a declaration of war when Putin authorized the use of Russian forces in Ukraine and seized Ukrainian soil. Ukraine has the right to defend itself and drive out the Russians if they feel the need. Just like it was wrong for the U.S. to go into Afghanistan and Iraq, it is also wrong for Russia to do the same in Ukraine. I don't care how pro-Russian a region is, it is still Ukrainian soil, not Russian. Also, I applaud both sides for not pulling the trigger, hopefully this will end peacefully.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

If Hitler wore muttonchops instead of the mustache they would be out out style now. He really should have went with the evil goatee, that's what the bad guys are supposed to do. (like MING the Merciless)

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join