It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Topic Only, Please

Originally posted by antonia
I have not personally insulted you so I'd appreciate it if you gave me the same respect. As for reporting you, I'm not going to bother as I know what's become of this place.

Ironically, I was just about to remove that, but will settle for posting this reminder instead.

As mentioned previously in this thread, it is important that we keep our comments on topic and refrain from insults or rude behavior.

"On topic" includes refraining from any sort of personal commentary, and posts containing such comments in any form will be subject to removal in their entirety. If you see further post removals and "off-topic" graphics in this thread, that's probably why.

There are many different points of view on this subject, and that's what ATS is all about. Whatever our opinions, let's please remember to respect the rights of other ATSers to express theirs.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LauraM
reply to post by antonia

It will be proven once Obama is gone. Same with the facts on Fast and Furious. In the mean time they can keep the ostriches like you fooled. As for whether or not they asked for help and were denied; Obama was asked point blank twice if this was true and he evaded the question. You can find this video on the net. He would have flat out denied it if it wasn't true.

Now...i DO THINK that people have a MAJOR POINT on Fast and Furious.

But Mexico isn't Libya...and to date there is ZERO credible evidence to suggest all this wild Benghazi hysteria.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

This is one thing I don't understand, if there is anything you can get obama on it's F&F. Perhaps the news cycle for that has run it's course though so Fox isn't keen on touching it? F&F could be verified, this can't, but I will concede that even if this is true it may be difficult to get verification as that documentation is likely to be classified.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Swills

The accusations are actually the truth. POTUS and the White House were fully aware of the SEVEN HOUR battle that took place. They did nothing. These are facts.

Prove it.

Oh that's right, you can't.

Okay.

- The consulate was attacked twice prior to September 11, 2012 and threats were continued to be made on Facebook over the summer. Not only was the US under attack by terrorist in Libya but so was the UK and other westerners.

U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bombed Twice in Run-Up to 9/11 Anniversary

Jihadists twice set off explosives at the consulate prior to the incident that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, and announced threats on Facebook about escalating attacks on Western targets in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary, according to whistleblowers reaching out to House Republicans.....

.....The new information disclosed in the letter obtained by The Daily Beast strongly suggests the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and the late Ambassador Chris Stevens were known by U.S. security personnel to be targets for terrorists. Indeed, the terrorists made their threats openly on Facebook.

- The Libyan Gov't is weak and corrupt (Muslim Brotherhood) and Libya is housed with militants, aka terrorists, thanks to the 2011 NATO led civil war.

Libya: Increasing Security Challenges

Hussain Abdulrazzaq Kreiba

The former self-employed National Transitional Council (NTC) succeeded in organizing the General Elections and accordingly power was transferred peacefully to the elected General National Congress (GNG). Although the NTC and its government managed during a difficult stage to run the country and deal with some urgent files, both failed to restore stability to Libya.

The criticism directed to the NTC and its transitional government was their inability to get involved in effectively forming the national army and police. Accordingly, the Libyan government encountered difficulties to bring many tribal and regional conflicts under control and hundreds of lives were lost as a result of that......

.....For example, following a May 22 early-morning attack on a facility that housed the International Committee on the Red Cross, a Facebook page claimed responsibility, and said the attack was a warning and a “message for the Americans disturbing the skies over Derna.” That reference was likely to American surveillance drones over a city that provided fighters to al Qaeda in Iraq in the last decade.

In June a Facebook page associated with militants linked to the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi posted a threat to Stevens based on the route he took for his morning jog. The Facebook page also posted a picture of Stevens. The letter to Clinton notes that “after stopping these morning runs for about a week, the Ambassador resumed them.”

Protesters storm Libyan congress over 'unrepresentative' govt make-up

More than 100 protesters have broken into the Libyan National Congress, disrupting the MPs’ work. The demonstrators are infuriated by the proposed make-up of the country’s new government, saying it is not representative enough.....

....They further accused the PM-elect of putting ideology first when choosing candidates, which resulted in several members of the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood appear on the list. At the same time, the liberal National Forces Alliance was not represented at all, says the leader of the liberal coalition, Ibrahim al-Gharyani.

Al-Qaeda Flag Planted On Libyan Courthouse…

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".....

....Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

Ex-SEALs, online gaming maven among Benghazi dead

A few hours earlier, Smith had posted, "assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures," he recounted.

Continued.... (and please, no one quote my long posts, just hit Reply)
edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
- The US Gov't denied security to the consulate.

US embassy in Libya sought extension of “essential” security team

Amid a growing diplomatic mandate after the revolution and increased concerns about an "uncertain and unstable" security environment, the U.S. Embassy staff in Libya requested a 16-member Special Operations "security support team" remain in the country for several months beyond the end of its scheduled departure in August, calling its work "essential," according to a State Department memo obtained by CNN Security Clearance.
The request was denied.

Obama Administration Had $2 Billion in Extra Consulate Security Money When Benghazi Attack Occured

Last week during congressional testimony from State Department officials who were on the ground in Libya, we heard over and over again that more security for the consulate in Benghazi was requested but denied. We also heard repeatedly from Democrats, including Ranking Member of the House Oversight Committee Elijah Cummings, claiming a lack of funding was at fault for less security in Benghazi during the time of the attack on 9/11 that left four Americans dead. State Department officials said funding had nothing to do with the situation and now, Chairman Darrell Issa has revealed the State Department is sitting on $2 billion for consulate security, but won't spend it.

- US Drones were overhead on the night of the seven hour long battle.

US ‘too slow’ to act as drone’s cam captured Libya horror

The United States had an unmanned Predator drone over its consulate in Benghazi during the attack that slaughtered four Americans — which should have led to a quicker military response, it was revealed yesterday.
“They stood, and they watched, and our people died,” former CIA commander Gary Berntsen told CBS News.

Drones were circling above U.S. consulate during Libya attack but officials decided NOT to mount a rescue mission

American drones were in the skies above the U.S. consulate in Benghazi as the deadly attack that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens unfolded, it has been revealed.

Defense department officials considered sending troops in to rescue the ambassador and staff, according to CBS News, but ultimately decided not to .

They would haven been able to watch the attack on-screen as it unfolded.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

- The 2 CIA ex USN SEALs were in radio contact from the start.

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

- How the POTUS knew of the attack in real time.

Facts.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

If Obama wins you can bet he will the same as he did with Fast and Furious and classify it all. In the meantime we will have to depend on the leakers. This "transparent" president certainly won't tell us anything.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Panetta already addressed what the drones saw and that was posted so I don't have anything further to say about that.

As for this :

Amid a growing diplomatic mandate after the revolution and increased concerns about an "uncertain and unstable" security environment, the U.S. Embassy staff in Libya requested a 16-member Special Operations "security support team" remain in the country for several months beyond the end of its scheduled departure in August, calling its work "essential," according to a State Department memo obtained by CNN Security Clearance.
The request was denied.

What was the intent behind that?

Who did the denying? Who got that message? Who was relaying that information? Presidents are rarely micromanagers, they delegate responsibility yet have to take the blame for all that happens in their administration. If someone was willing to go on the record then you might have something, but I suspect no one will. What you have posted are facts leading up to the event but it still does not prove the OP. Furthermore, if the OP is true, What is the context for that denial? That is an important point none of you have addressed.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LauraM
reply to post by antonia

If Obama wins you can bet he will the same as he did with Fast and Furious and classify it all.

That doesn't really save him from anything regarding that case as the documentation has already been published in the media. If the Benghazi attack is investigated by Congress then it is also likely that documentation will be published in the media as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Umm so what? The director of the CIA is lying. Even if he was telling the truth and there were no drones that night what else do you have to say about everything I posted?

The consulate was attacked twice leading up to September 11. The terrorists announced they were going to continue the attacks for the ten year anniversary. The consulate was denied security that it requested. Washington DC lied and said there was no money for security. Libya provided the security and is completely corrupt and in turmoil. CIA ex USN SEALs radioed in the attacks at the beginning of the seven long hour battle. The message of the attack reached the White House, and everyone else in the know.

Drones or not, and there were drones, this happened. What say you?

What was the intent behind that? Who did the denying? Who got that message? Who was relaying that information? Presidents are rarely micromanagers, they delegate responsibility yet have to take the blame for all that happens in their administration. If someone was willing to go on the record then you might have something, but I suspect no one will. What you have posted are facts leading up to the event but it still does not prove the OP. Furthermore, if the OP is true, What is the context for that denial? That is an important point none of you have addressed.

An attack on an American Ambassador would have been told to POTUS immediately. The message went out on the DOD network as a FLASH message.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Umm so what? The director of the CIA is lying. Even if he was telling the truth and there were no drones that night what else do you have to say about everything I posted?

Panetta is the secretary of defense. He did not say there were no drones, you need to go back and read what was said.

The consulate was attacked twice leading up to September 11. The terrorists announced they were going to continue the attacks for the ten year anniversary. The consulate was denied security that it requested. Washington DC lied and said there was no money for security. Libya provided the security and is completely corrupt and in turmoil. CIA ex USN SEALs radioed in the attacks at the beginning of the seven long hour battle. The message of the attack reached the White House, and everyone else in the know.

Drones or not, and there were drones, this happened. What say you?

Again, you provided no proof of the OP's claim. The prior attacks show the consulate was certainly under threat but your information does not prove the OP.

An attack on an American Ambassador would have been told to POTUS immediately. The message went out on the DOD network as a FLASH message.

I am aware of that, however if you think he was making his calls in a vacuum then you don't understand how the office works. And again, if the claims are true I'd want to know why it was denied as that would be important.
edit on 27-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 28-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

He's was the director of the CIA prior to becoming Secretary of Defense, it's late. And please post the article with him because I don't know what it is he said. Or could you summarize for me?

Do you deny the US Gov't denied them security and knew the attacks were coming?

Do you deny there were two US drones overhead during the seven hour long battle?

Do you deny the White House & POTUS had real time knowledge of the attacks? An attack on a US diplomat will stop the POTUS in his tracks and he will drop what it his he is doing to respond accordingly (or lack of it would seem).

So what exactly is it that you need proven in the OP? That the CIA ex USN SEALs were in radio contact and requested support? You do know these men existed and died that night, right?

Washington DC is guilty, amongst many others, not just Obama and his gang of thieves.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Do you deny the US Gov't denied them security and knew the attacks were coming?

They knew the consulate was under threat, but diplomats in the area were always under threat. This does not prove they knew there was going to be an attack on that day.

Do you deny there were two US drones overhead during the seven hour long battle?

Panetta denies that, it was already posted.

Do you deny the White House & POTUS had real time knowledge of the attacks?

Panetta denies that again, already posted.

So what exactly is it that you need proven in the OP?

I want you to prove the CIA asked for the help and was denied. Now, if it was denied I want you to tell me why. It's fairly easy to figure out.

The problem here is you are willing to take everything being said here at face value and you simply can't fathom that someone else wouldn't. I don't trust you, I don't trust fox, I don't trust anyone I don't know. My own instincts tell me that if this was true Hillary would have already jumped ship to save her skin and Romney would be hammering this 24 hours a day. It's not happening so I don't think the issue has much traction.
edit on 28-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 28-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Funny you mentioned the security at Benghazi taking pictures. Just like I pointed out in the terrorist video that I saw zero security while the terrorists brazenly "goofed off". Do you know why the guards took pictures? That is all they were equipped to do! I found this shocking! Considering the guards were Libyans, it could have even been a case of the fox guarding the chicken coop.

British firm secured Benghazi consulate contract with little experience

A small British firm based in south Wales had secured a contract to provide security for American diplomatic facilities in Benghazi despite having only a few months experience in the country.

Sources have told the Daily Telegraph that just five unarmed locally hired Libyans were placed on duty at the compound on eight-hour shifts under a deal that fell outside the State Department's global security contracting system.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

They knew the consulate was under threat, but diplomats in the area were always under threat. This does not prove they knew there was going to be an attack on that day.

The consulate had huge holes blown into its walls. It was more than just under threat they were already under attack. The militants already announced their plans to attack for the 10 year anniversary, so it was known.

Jihadists twice set off explosives at the consulate prior to the incident that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, and announced threats on Facebook about escalating attacks on Western targets in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary, according to whistleblowers reaching out to House Republicans

Panetta denies that, it was already posted.

Post the article again. He is the only one denying it and I betcha this is brand new news. Multiple sources state the drones (plural) were there. He is lying. Is it hard for you to believe he's lying? They've been lying left and right since this attack was first reported.

I want you to prove the CIA asked for the help and was denied. No, if it was denied I want you to tell me why. It's fairly easy to figure out.

You need proof that the two CIA ex USN SEALs, who died that night fighting off a platoon of militants, would have radioed in for help during the SEVEN HOUR battle? I have to ask you, you seriously think these men didn't ever try to communicate with the DOD during this time? Like seriously? So yes, they called for help and it clearly never arrived.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I wonder... When did it become common practice to rely upon local civilian security for United States Diplomatic Compounds? Even in an allied nation, I'd do a hard double take....but Gadaffi only died about a year ago. This nation was an enemy to the United States and officially so by name and title for the better part of the past 30 years.

What were they thinking ALL ALONG to have treated a position in Libya as if it were a post in London or Berlin..just maybe in a bad neighborhood??

I have to say...I've been reading reports all night about this and some support ATS posts..some don't...but ALL show the sasme general picture. A U.S. Dip Post surrounded by terrorist activity for months.....Al Qaeda flags visible in the same town and flown openly, no less. Threats made and recieved...loud and clear. Yet, security isn't raised, it's CUT and unarmed, unknown locals hired instead of United States Marines?

I never thought I'd see a day in America where this would be a real event we saw happen. Never...I'm so heartsick right now..words don't convey.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That, plus a second unarmed drone dispatched four hours and 15 minutes later, were the only U.S. military forces sent to the scene of the attack. Commandos were dispatched from Europe to an air field in Sigonella, Sicily, but by the time they got there the attack in Benghazi was over. Speaker Boehner asks Obama for answers on Libya

CBS News

Okay, CBS News says that two drones were present during the attacks.

CBS, not Fox, just for you that won't believe anything that Fox says.

Edit to ASK: Since Panetta denies it, can we fire him now? Can we at least call him a liar?
edit on 28-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

And all the more reason the consulate should have been given security when they requested it. The fact they had to request security in the first place is preposterous!

The Libyan security was laughable. First of all, it was made of everyday townsmen, not trained security professionals or military/police. Second, they were either corrupted with bribes or flat out threatened. So that night it's no surprise you only read about 4 dead Americans and nothing about the Libyan security. They were well aware they attack was coming. Well, most of them anyway, I gotta believe there were at least 1 or 2 good ones.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Post the article again. He is the only one denying it and I betcha this is brand new news. Multiple sources state the drones (plural) were there.

No, you scroll back. I'm tired and I'm not repeating myself.

He is lying. Is it hard for you to believe he's lying? They've been lying left and right since this attack was first reported.

And how can you be so sure the sources you cite aren't lying?

You need proof that the two CIA ex USN SEALs who died that night fighting off a platoon of militants that they would have radioed in for help during the SEVEN HOUR battle?
I have to ask you, you seriously think these men didn't ever try to communicate with the DOD during this time? Like seriously?

The attack was not seven hours. there were two separate incidents, the first taking place at 9:40 PM and the second at 4 AM. All told it was 2 hours of fighting according to most accounts. The CIA is denying the claims being made as well. Furthermore, the denial was not made by Obama according to that article but rather by the CIA's chain of command. Was obama made aware of that denial? You are assuming quite a bit if you believe that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

So....now we pretty much know with corroboration coming out. They didn't simply fail to SEND support. Someone had to make a deliberate decision with support IN PLACE RIGHT ABOVE THEM to not fire as ground forces were requesting it.

The Seals who lit up the mortar, as I've been reading it tonight, were apparently KILLED by that mortar....after refusing to fire down their laser line. So they basically killed themselves to light a target they heard 'No' to doing anything about before they died. Oh.. I gotta get away from this for awhile.. My mood is growing outright dangerous. I can't imagine anyone with Military history or ties who is NOT so pissed they could spit nails then hammer the things home for ya too. How must it have felt..to KNOW...armed salvation was directly above, but politics meant you didn't get saved this time. Politics dictated that you had to die.

damn them all.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by elouina

I wonder... When did it become common practice to rely upon local civilian security for United States Diplomatic Compounds?

edit on 28-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

That would be the Iraqi invasion. You need only look up blackwater/xe. It's done this way as if frees up troops for actual ground fighting. It certainly can't be cheaper though as they always got paid more than normal soldiers.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join