It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
You don't know me and you can't lay claim to that. I don't have cable, I didn't vote for Obama this year and I don't think he's an angel here, but I do think most of you are willing to believe anything. I have not seen enough information to make a choice on this matter. I'm getting a lot of hot air here, but that's about it. Show me some actual proof and I'll be willing to concede Obama is a malicious murderer who left all of them to die. I have seen the e-mails and flash messages, they are confusing to say the least. It's fairly obvious most of the people on the ground couldn't figure out what was going on.

The main difference here is I don't have an ax to grind here, I'm just calling it like I see it. I'm not seeing a lot here.
edit on 27-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

I don't have an axe to grind either and when I first heard mention of the video the day of the attack I spent hours examining the view counts of the various versions of the video on YouTube, its equivalent in that region, mainstream news sources in the region and known Islamic fundamentalist websites. Based on the paltry view counts and the almost complete lack of mention of the video from the typical Islamic fundamentalist sources who showcase such media deemed offensive to the Prophet Muhammad which serve as a catalyst for protests.

After my own research conducted on September 11, 2012 that I outlined above, it became clear to me that this video could not possibly be the catalyst for this attack. As more and more evidence emerged to backup my conclusion I was disgusted when White House press secretary Jay Carney and Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice continued to push this lie to the American public. I do not appreciate being lied to by our elected officials regardless of party.

Chris Stevens was the first U.S. ambassador killed in the line of duty since 1979. To me, that fact raises it up a level and Stevens' selfless dedication and commitment to to foreign service makes it critically important for the nation he served to honor his memory by pushing for the truth and not allow his memory to be muddled and tarnished by lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Ok, this is a film done by the attackers. What are you saying?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The poster is probably just enforcing the fact that there was no protest in Benghazi that night.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Admin Note: Please stick to the topic and refrain from personal commentary of any kind. Thanks. -- Majic

edit on 10/27/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by elouina

They have no idea what they are saying. That's a big part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I don't dispute the video had nothing to do with the attack. What I am disputing is the idea Obama maliciously left them there to die. I have yet to see any evidence of that. As I said earlier-Don't attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. I have never known government to be quick in responding to anything, I wouldn't view this as someone being worthy of an exception to that rule.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by antonia

The poster is probably just enforcing the fact that there was no protest in Benghazi that night.

We all knew that already. It doesn't prove the opening point.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

We all knew that already. It doesn't prove the opening point.

Actually you'd be surprised how many people don't know this. What was the opening point?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

Take a gander up top. The problem is this hasn't been proven at all. We are getting the old "my sources told me" line.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I don't dispute the video had nothing to do with the attack. What I am disputing is the idea Obama maliciously left them there to die. I have yet to see any evidence of that. As I said earlier-Don't attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. I have never known government to be quick in responding to anything, I wouldn't view this as someone being worthy of an exception to that rule.

The accusations are actually the truth. POTUS and the White House were fully aware of the SEVEN HOUR battle that took place. They did nothing. These are facts.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The accusations are actually the truth. POTUS and the White House were fully aware of the SEVEN HOUR battle that took place. They did nothing. These are facts.

Prove it.

Oh that's right, you can't.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Oh, to clarify I personally don't feel that the Executive branch was an accomplice in the attack or assisted in it happening.

I do believe that when the Executive branch decided to create the fictional storyline about the spontaneous protest about a video which got out of control and led to the attack and deaths of Americans, the President felt that his political needs far outweighed the truth. I feel that the administration had countless opportunities to backtrack on their fictional tale of out of control protests in Benghazi but chose to continue with their lies because they felt that if they said the lie enough times maybe the American public would get distracted by NFL games, the Kardashians or a missing white woman and forget about an attack halfway across the globe and keep believing it was all about a video.

I do feel that the administration's use of the video as propaganda to justify the attack was the catalyst for the video to go viral at an unheard of pace and because of the administration's lies and how they pushed the video there were countless protests/attempted attacks on American interests across the region. I thank God that no Americans were killed in those attacks because that blood could be directly placed on the administration's hands.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

reply to post by elouina

They have no idea what they are saying. That's a big part of the problem.

I found this while looking for another specific video, and found it interesting. And thought others may want to see it. A YouTube video showing terrorists while our government tells us this idea still needs investigated.

What this also shows is that it was a bunch of flaunting and disorganized terrorists that could easily be overtaken by snipers. The terrorists even appeared to be intoxicated to me. And couldn't even keep their big mouths shut. I can guarantee you that the second the consulate staff heard them, the situation room was lit up like Xmas. Likely at the same time this video was taken. Considering that we had military near by, they could have been taken on, early in the ordeal.

I am just amazed that I have to even explain this.

Here is the video yet again. What kind of security did we have there? Do you see any?

edit on 27-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

OK...then put up or shut up. Where are the documents? The best I have been able to find is that a request for a DC-3 airplane was denied...ON MAY 3, 2012!!!

CHRIS STEVENS WASN'T EVEN APPOINTED TO "AMBASSADOR" UNTIL JUNE OF 2012!! AT THAT TIME HE WAS STILL IN THE COUNTRY ILLEGALLY!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Take a gander up top. The problem is this hasn't been proven at all. We are getting the old "my sources told me" line.

I would venture to guess that since the President signed the National Defense Authorization Act, a lot of government workers who have access to this information are afraid to go on the record with the media because they potentially could be detained indefinitely without counsel or a trial.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I havent seen anyone ask if maybe they tried getting on the phone to the jackasses they just instaled into power over there and asked them if they could do anything about it.

Some of these same folks we helped in that town with air support and the like.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Well, that's classic CYA and I expect no less of politicians in this country. My main problem with this is I have yet to see outside verification of the OP's claims. I've looked for it and I have not found it. Most of this seems like political posturing to me in an attempt to influence voters. But we will have an investigation if Obama wins and then we will know.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It will be proven once Obama is gone. Same with the facts on Fast and Furious. In the mean time they can keep the ostriches like you fooled. As for whether or not they asked for help and were denied; Obama was asked point blank twice if this was true and he evaded the question. You can find this video on the net. He would have flat out denied it if it wasn't true.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LauraM
reply to post by antonia

In the mean time they can keep the ostriches like you fooled.

I have not personally insulted you so I'd appreciate it if you gave me the same respect. As for reporting you, I'm not going to bother as I know what's become of this place.

As for an investigation, it's not going to happen if he doesn't win. Sorry, I don't see anything other than an political pissing match going on here. If Romney wins it will just be dropped as it won't matter anymore.
edit on 27-10-2012 by antonia because: clarity

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join