It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush Administration Using Terrorism as a political tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is Bu#s Administration Using Terrorism as a political tool?
As I�ve been watching the monopoly news outlet, they all spew the same stories out practically verbatim of what the Whitehouse spinmisters wish the public to hear, it puts me in mind of the story �The little Boy Who Cried Wolf�.
Will it help his reelection campaign?

From Reuters I have taken this out of context, from the article
U.S. Terror Warnings Lack Specifics � Congress Report
Some critics have accused President Bush's administration of using terrorism warnings as a political tool. Bush has made the fight against global terrorism a major theme of his campaign for reelection.
The administration denies playing politics with terror threats, but a GAO official said the warning system's credibility could be undermined by vague announcements
U.S. Terror Warnings Lack Specifics � Congress Report

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's a no win situation for Bush and company. If they give warnings when they receive threats, people complain and say they're just using it for political gain. But if they didn't give warnings, and God forbid something happened, people would complain that they didn't give enough warnings before hand. People are complaining that Bush didn't give enough warnings or take heed to the threats before 9/11, so now I think the administration is just making up for their "mistakes" in the past.

I think it's funny that many of the people who criticize Bush for not taking serious interest in al Qaeda's threats before 9/11 are the same people who are now criticizing him for taking each threat seriously and warning us. These kinds of people need to make up their minds.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
[/ Hmmm let me think about this one....

Hm.....

Err....

YES!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
good point Faisca. So, the Dems claim that the Bush Admin. is using terror threats for political reasons. Well, then, isn't it just as likely that the Dems are doing the same by making that claim in the first place? I mean, why is this acusation of Bush not also a politically motivated action?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's interesting that Howard Dean, following a suggestion by John Forbes Kerry, accused the Bush Administration of issuing a warning of a terrorist threat for political purposes.

Just ask yourself why this would benefit the administration? The only logical answer is that the public wouldn't trust Kerry and company to guard the nation in the event of the terrorist attack.

This accusation alone proves that the democrats know they aren't perceived as effective in the war on terror. There is no other logical explanation but they won't admit and the liberal press won't ask any of them the question, "Why is this perceived as benefiting Bush?" The media knows the answer also.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Long and Short answer NO and NO. If the Bush campaign was activly using this for votes, the risk is to great that some staffer with a conscience would pull a "deep throat" at that point it would be all over. Not only that, Bush would take alot of ranking republicans in the house and senate. Anybody in power would be hit by this. The risk IMHO is too great to be using this as leverage. Kerry in an interview today even said that there is no way they are using this for political gain.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Actually, it is the Bankster�s (Germany all over) who benefit be it Bush or Kerry,
America believes they have a choice in two horse race
Have you ever noticed both parties (all) claim to be different, better, be it taxes, healthcare what have you, before the elections, but after the elections said party that won, can�t deliver for what ever reasons because of this or that, meanwhile in the background the people who financed the winner, and the looser, come out ahead with what ever deals that where made to said person in power!
Bottom line is it doesn�t matter whom you vote for, the vote is just to make you feel like you made the choice

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Of course this is being used as political tool.

After 911, no. before 911 the wheels were churning in DC to go to war for Money $$$$$, more government, power and profit.$$$$$

Really, is there any doubt? This war has made Dubya & Co. more money than in your wildest dreams. To stop the war, to bring troops home, would mean the money would cease.

This has been a war of greed and unfortunately thousands have paid dearly with their lives for BUSHE'S WAR. Those dead include hundreds of young people from impoverished neighborhoods seeking an education and a way to serve their country- too bad they had to go to THIS war.

A war created by a coward, a dummy and someone who never lifted a finger to serve their country. Kerry flip flops? Kerry shot himself for the purple hearts? Kerry this, Kerry that. People miss the real point.
KERRY is an oportunity for a welcome change. ANY change right now is welcome.
Any change is better than the evil that exists now.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of the terror alerts that right now I can not even can come out with a good answer to back up my statement.

yes the terror alerts are making some to profit with it and for bush adminstration heck yeah he is using them to divert public atention from other issues in this nation.

Everytime the defense budget gets higer banks profit from it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the check is in the mail. Drawn on the usual CIA account. Dad says hi and thanks for the coffee beans you sent. Dubya.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
the check is in the mail. Drawn on the usual CIA account. Dad says hi and thanks for the coffee beans you sent. Dubya.

LMAO!!! OMG almost spit my drink all over the monitor.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my head that Bush is exploiting 911 and supposed terrorist attacks to scare Americans into supporting the war against terror (AKA war for oil) and to score more votes in November.

Code orange came right after the Democratic Convention, all details were quite sketchy. The Bush administration obviously underestimates the general public's intelligence. If this clown wins this coming election, I don't know what I'll do...maybe his administration is right, the general public is full of retards.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe this is why in Illinois they are going to be checking on everyone's Mental Health.....I think this administration wants the general public drugged up so we dont CARE...Come to think of it, the only way I could ever live under 4 more precious years of Dubya is on some happy pill

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes, they're using terror threats as a political tool, in my opinion. I have a question. Was the Government ever vigilant like it is now with terror warnings before 9/11? I think not, wich only brings the conclusion that it is currently being used as a political tool, if not just keeping the massess in fear. Just like Al-Qaeda, it is a tool of the Governement.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
dgtempe,

You can not be so far from the truth but on another thread they talk about finding prozac in the water in Uk so I be not surprised if they will find it here In US as well.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bush wants to blow up his own convention to get rid of people inside his party that disagree with him. The alerts in NY were an attempt to shut down the market and the buildings that were targeted. They were targeted because Bush was afraid there might of been transaction data there, showing he did inside trading.

The economy might come down on him if he doesn't blow something up. Thats another reason he will bring Bin Laden out, to rally the market. Maybe in the next week or so.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes, i read about the prozac in uk water. Is this insane or what???
I would much rather they added Vicodan to the water myself!!!

top topics

join