It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Daylight "Ufo" sighting July2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I thought some of you folks might like to see this footage. The good news is the guy did manage to get his camera onto a tripod, and he has some stills at the end of the video as well. Also, it is a Daylight sighting.

This was his written comment for the video"

I have lost count how many day times sightings ive had since they started back in 2009. Im very happy to have been able to film this one to show others the kind of things im seeing. What i saw was a white sphere make 3 white puffs and then fly thru each one, after the third puff it started to glow silver and seemed to change. The 3 white puffs can be seen in beginning of footage as well as a picture i added. No fear

Also listening to his comments through the video he doesn't sound like a wacko either.

Anyhow this was filmed in Montana.

What do you guys think?

in case video doesn't work:

Montana daylight footage

[edit on 2-8-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm no expert but I'd have to say flare. It has a nearly constant rate of descent, no ballistic movement of any kind. The illumination also has the same flickering flare-like look. For me, parachute flare.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is great footage!

I'm sure Jaime Maussan would love a copy for his extensive analysis.

I can only guess as to what worlds these guys come from and why they would want to be here.

Amazing!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

A flare, I think not, why during the day? if so, look there is no wind to speak of, clouds are not moving as well.
Spot on moment I'd say.
Thanks Op..
Send that to the MSM, explain it away if they wish..

I know what I've seen in my life.. no flares when I did.

Jesse

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I'm no expert but I'd have to say flare. It has a nearly constant rate of descent, no ballistic movement of any kind. The illumination also has the same flickering flare-like look. For me, parachute flare.

Considering that is almost 6 min of footage if not longer of the object itself, I think that stays lit well over flare light life time. Not to mention he needed time to get camera etc from when he first saw it. I really don't think this is a flare sighting.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just so everyone knows, I invited the original poster of this video to come over here and follow along. Maybe he can answer questions etc. Don't know if he will, but would be great if he does.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The object seems to get very far away towards the end of the video; its hard to see how a flare could move that fast; cannot hear and wind on the audio though he could have had proper audio equipment. Also, just after the shot is pulled in and then zoomed out towards the end, it appears to stop momentarily, then to be moving horizontally to the left. One thing it isnt - CGI - its quality and movement etc,, too good to be CGI.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm not convinced by the flare idea...

According to the The Fedaration of American Scientists Military Analysis Network there are several types of parachute deployed flare...

LUU-19 - near-infrared, but burns for 7 minutes. Doesn't fit because this vid clearly is very visible from a distance.

... and many many others. I could post links to them all but I suggest having a look at this google search for LUU flares google search of fas.org

Most of the others seem to burn between 3 and 7 minutes, which does vaguely fit the length of the video, but it's not conclusive by any stretch in my opinion.

The strange thing for me is that it appears to track to the left of the video and disappear into the cloud at the end. Also, as raised by another poster, why would they be using a visible light flare during the day?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Also, is it really descending? I thought it was falling at a constant rate at the beginning of the video, but then the camera operator panned out in the last couple of minutes, and it looks more as if the object is moving away from them, as opposed to falling.

Is there a reason why it couldn't be a small plane or a helicopeter reflecting the sunlight? Nice video though, I must say! It's nice seeing a video in which the person films all the way until the object is out of sight and uses a tripod!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Flare, pfft indeed..

if not a true intelligently driven craft, then i have no idea what that was.

Very interesting video! thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
I'm not convinced by the flare idea...

According to the The Fedaration of American Scientists Military Analysis Network there are several types of parachute deployed flare...

LUU-19 - near-infrared, but burns for 7 minutes. Doesn't fit because this vid clearly is very visible from a distance.

... and many many others. I could post links to them all but I suggest having a look at this google search for LUU flares google search of fas.org

Most of the others seem to burn between 3 and 7 minutes, which does vaguely fit the length of the video, but it's not conclusive by any stretch in my opinion.

The strange thing for me is that it appears to track to the left of the video and disappear into the cloud at the end. Also, as raised by another poster, why would they be using a visible light flare during the day?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by eightfold]

Good research eightfold, agree with your perception that this is not looking like a typical flare explanation after i looked at the flare links you provided and your comments you made.I must say though that the person that recorded this does sound genuine.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I took a screen shot of one of his freeze frames and did a zoom. It gets a bit pixeled if zoomed anymore, but this is kind of interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I agree about the flares. Based on the helicopter he keeps mentioning that's warming up at the airport... it would be safe to assume that there's probably some kind of military exercise going on that involves flares.

Too bad the military doesn't feel a need to notify the press for events such as these... so that people don't get their panties all in a bunch... and blow things out of proportion.

It's still fun to watch though. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have to say Kudos to to guy who filmed that. It's a refreshing change to see some stable camera work for a change.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Well...the first thing they'll do is to ask bankers to describe how they have contributed to the world...and then say...see you in court, moral deadbeats.

Thanks for vid. Been wanting to click on a live one for so long. Most are a waste of browser refreshment time.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

I'll say it, I ain't skeered!

Looks like an angel!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The video seems genuine and the narrator/videographer is calm, collected and reasonable. It sure is nice to have a steady and lengthy video. He did a good job capturing the object. He mentioned this began sometime last year and there have been many sightings prior to capturing this one. He also mentions the airport nearby and the sound of helicopters warming up. It would help to know what airport it is and if there are military operations there or if something else began at the airport last year coinciding with the sightings.

I don't know much about flares but like another poster said, the object seems to follow a consistent downward path in the beginning of the video but then appears to drift away which seems to suggest air currents may have something to do with it. Regarding the reflection that another poster mentioned, it looks like the sun is setting in the background so I would think we shouldn't be seeing the glistening effect from a reflection. It makes me think it's self illuminated but I could certainly be wrong.

What does anyone make of the 3 white puffs he talks about? I didn't check them all out yet but his youtube channel is all UFO videos except for one. And that screen capture does conjure up the image of an angel.

Upon edit:
Here's a little more information from his youtube profile

They aliens started showing me thier ships in the spring of 2005.They are passively showing themselves to us world wide.This is not by accident but by design.My UFO activity has greatly increased in 2009 with night and daytime sightings.These beings are highly telephathic and can respond to things you say.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He mentions that he hears a helicopter possibly warming up near an airport. Which means, it had to be very close by and in the vicinity of the light in question. You mean to tell me this thing was flying over or right near an airport and this is all we're hearing about it? I don't doubt the footage is genuine, but I'm leaning more towards an earthly cause for this.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow! Some of the best UFO footage I've seen. I don't know enough about flares to say it is or it isn't. But it's very odd indeed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Somebody with a youtube account should email this guy and find out where exactly in Montana these sightings are taking place???

[edit on 2/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join