It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cured Myself - The Linking of Physical Ailments and Mental/Spiritual Mindsets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I made a similar post in this existing ATS thread and thought I would create a similar thread on the subject as i have been considering it for some time.

I am here to present a theory I have been employing in my life for the last 3 years and with some pretty solid results.

I will spare you all the details of how this theory came to light (long story) but the nuts and bolts of it are as follows. And please read this through, it's quite a remarkable thing.

I have a strong belief that the human body as well as viruses, illnesses, diseases, etc possess an intelligence of sorts.

I believe that nothing in the body happens 'just because'.
I believe there is an 'intelligence' at work whenever we get the cold or lose your hair or have a heart attack or whatever the case may be.
I believe there is an unscripted 'plan' of sorts if you will, with each ailment having a 'reason' so to speak for it's appearance(kind of hard to explain).

Each case would present differently for each person and for each ailment and circumstance.

The idea is that by addressing the mental and/or spiritual aspect relevant to the illness, you can cure yourself and/or prevent any further illness from occurring.

The best way i can describe this is to give you an honest example of what i'm talking about. My eczema story is perfect.

I had a developing patch of bad eczema on my right arm and a little on my right leg.

I had it for several years, not exactly sure how long, but a while for sure. It had suddenly started becoming much worse. Really itchy, red, growing, getting much worse and quickly. It was worrying me.

I had no idea how to treat it (none of the creams/oils i tried did much to help it beyond the first application) and i really didn't think a cure was feasible. I was consigned to the fact it would just keep getting worse.

So i took a slight change in approach, i tried to determine what i had changed that would bring the eczema on so badly.

My diet hadn't changed. My stress levels hadn't changed. My environmental exposure remained the same. So i got philosophical with it (please, stay with me).

At the exact same time my eczema flared up i had become, to put it bluntly, extremely vain. I had started buying all the latest clothes, did my hair to the newest styles, looked in every mirror i could, etc, etc.

So I linked the two. As my vanity increased, my body 'reacted' by 'impacting' on my physical appearance - it's weapon of choice? Eczema.

(My girlfriend still thinks im nuts for this theory by the way but not even she (a practicing chiropractor) cannot explain it any other way.)

So i acknowledged this vanity 'trend'. I realised, within, that external appearance is not important. I accepted myself as i am and became happy with myself regardless of how i present myself.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - I LEARNT THE LESSON PUT BEFORE ME.

Two days of becoming comfortable with this new mindset and my eczema disappeared COMPLETELY. In ALL locations on my body!

Nothing changed except for my mindset in regards to my external appearance.

I have a doctor friend who cannot explain how my eczema disappeared almost overnight and with NO remaining scarring whatsoever. It shocked me too.

Using this theory of linking illness, virus, disease, etc with personal growth and awareness i have only gotten ill ONCE in the last 3 years. Prior to this I would get the flu seasonally along with everyone else and ALWAYS managed to get a summer flu.

The one time i have gotten ill was recently when, to be frank, i made out with my girlfriend when she was just getting a flu. Direct germ transfer still got me haha

Anyway make of this what you will, but i PROMISE, it works for me and wanted to share. I feel kind of 'exposed' in sharing this as it is one of those things that i have always kept to myself, relatively anyway, as it is kinda out there.

Thoughts?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by srsen]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a few similiar experiences to back up what you are saying.
I am not sure exactly how or why it works but it does.
I am thinking it might be either that it is the power of positive thinking or just tricking your mind into making it real much like a placebo effect.

My co-workers witnessed me hitting my finger with a grinder while grinding out some rebar.It was bad enough that everyone there said it needed stitches which was pretty obvious.
I wrapped it until the bleeding stopped and then let the air get at it.
A week later I had new skin and it healed VERY fast for that type of wound.
Everyone was very surprized by it.
If you believe it then so will your mind and body is my opinion.

I also took care of a sciatic nerve problem in less then a month without seeing anyone or taking anything.I believed it was going away even tho it didn't feel like it and it did.I also tried to do what I normally do and keep moving like I always do without babying it.
For the record...that one hurt like hell.

I did have a neck injury I couldn't deal with tho so I had to eventually go see a chiropracter,massage therapist and a physiotherapist.
He said it looked like I went thru a bad car wreck so I can understand why that one was a bit more serious.
But I have no side effects from it and have full motion.

Power of positive thinking or a placebo effect???

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I have a few similiar experiences to back up what you are saying.
I am not sure exactly how or why it works but it does.
I am thinking it might be either that it is the power of positive thinking or just tricking your mind into making it real much like a placebo effect.

Power of positive thinking or a placebo effect???

First of all, hell yes, drums are fun - until you're forced to sell your beloved kit. After that drums are just depressing...

Anyway, your question is a good one. I too have wondered whether it is mind over matter, placebo affect, power of positive thinking, etc.

However i do not believe this to be the case.

Part of my 'developmental process' in coming into this theory was that if i simply believed with all my being that i simply do not get sick, then i wouldn't get sick.

I thought it worked for a little bit. I didn't get the flu for one flu season. But eventually the wheels fell off. My conviction grew stronger but i started getting sicker more regularly.

This led to a chain of events which eventually led to the current belief i hold, which as i said, has a proven track record. Not saying it's the answer to everything, but so far, it seems very successful for me

[edit on 6-4-2010 by srsen]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I know this may not be the same thing, but I burnt myself the other day and it was a lingering pain. Well I had recently read an article on how pain is just an electric signal from your nerves to your brain, so I closed my eyes and really thought about what my body was doing. After a minute or so of telling myself that the pain is not real I began to believe it and the pain subsided! It was very weird and somewhat enlightening!

-E-

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I know this may not be the same thing, but I burnt myself the other day and it was a lingering pain. Well I had recently read an article on how pain is just an electric signal from your nerves to your brain, so I closed my eyes and really thought about what my body was doing. After a minute or so of telling myself that the pain is not real I began to believe it and the pain subsided! It was very weird and somewhat enlightening!

-E-

Power of the mind ay. It certainly can be 'controlled' so to speak. I have read that if you can develop an intimate understanding of your body's processes and actually understand how they work then you can control them.

The idea was that you visualise the 'problem' actually occurring inside your body and then visualise strongly your body fixing said problem.

This ties in very much with what you described. I think this is exactly what you did!

Again though, different to my theory.

The CORE of my theory is recognizing the LESSON you are being asked to learn and then REALLY learning that lesson and understanding why you have been, for lack of a better word, 'asked' to learn it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I had a wart growing on my inner forearm two summers ago. It was also around a time that I was become concerned with vanity. I contemplated getting it removed; not for mysely, but for those around me that said I should.

So one morning I was thinking long and hard about getting it removed. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't want to get it removed; it was a part of me. It was a very mystical moment. If I could put into words what the experience felt like I would, but I would only fail to do it justice.

A week later it was gone.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I like your attitude mate S and F, and it is a good one. But I think it is a little off base and neglects a few issues.

Originally posted by srsen

I have a strong belief that the human body as well as viruses, illnesses, diseases, etc possess an intelligence of sorts.
They do, it is called genetics. But sometimes that intelligence goes wrong, like when cells begin to divide without control. We call that cancer.

I believe that nothing in the body happens 'just because'.
Nothing happens just "because". Generally we can look at causes. Sometime we just don't understand the causes, and sometime we understand the cause or know it, but we can not stop it. Like some forms of cancer.

I believe there is an 'intelligence' at work whenever we get the cold or lose your hair or have a heart attack or whatever the case may be.
Sometimes it is a lack of intelligence. Like putting our bodies under stress, not exercising, having a poor diet etc that increases our risk of the things you mention.

I believe there is an unscripted 'plan' of sorts if you will, with each ailment having a 'reason' so to speak for it's appearance(kind of hard to explain).
Really?
Tell that to kids with leukemia. But you are right, who writes a script with kids getting Leukemia?
There are reasons though, the body is fragile, it is not perfect or eternal nor are any of its parts or systems.

Each case would present differently for each person and for each ailment and circumstance.
That is incorrect. The fact that many ailments are predictable or understood means we have effective treatments.

The idea is that by addressing the mental and/or spiritual aspect relevant to the illness, you can cure yourself and/or prevent any further illness from occurring.
This is not knew, which is why religious people used to perform exorcisms on mentally ill people. But I agree that a certain mentality or a spiritual strength can effect a persons attitude towards health or a serious health issue. But it is also observed that these have had no effect on healing health problems.

At the exact same time my eczema flared up i had become, to put it bluntly, extremely vain. I had started buying all the latest clothes, did my hair to the newest styles, looked in every mirror i could, etc, etc.

So I linked the two. As my vanity increased, my body 'reacted' by 'impacting' on my physical appearance - it's weapon of choice? Eczema.
No to be picky, but you had eczema for years, so your vanity can only be sourced as aggravating your problem, not its cause.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - I LEARNT THE LESSON PUT BEFORE ME.

Two days of becoming comfortable with this new mindset and my eczema disappeared COMPLETELY. In ALL locations on my body!

Nothing changed except for my mindset in regards to my external appearance.
Good for you mate.

Using this theory of linking illness, virus, disease, etc with personal growth and awareness i have only gotten ill ONCE in the last 3 years. Prior to this I would get the flu seasonally along with everyone else and ALWAYS managed to get a summer flu.

Cool.
Correlating events does not equal causation.

Don't get me wrong mate, I think it is great that you have positive attitude, but stating that it cured you is a massive, massive leap.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Derised Emanresu]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The debate over this sort of thing seem to come from the reductionist materialistic paradigm vs. the holistic spritiual. The latter of which is not supported by anywhere near as many experts rigorously defending their notion, each has evidence they swear is proof of their belief.

One of the scary truths is that what you describe OP would destroy all big phrama companies and they will fight tooth and nail not to loose their multi billion dollar profits. And big pharma is just the beginning, how are you supposed to make money off people who dont require any material products for their well being.

I believe the body is a projection of the mind, all physical illness began in the mind. Sure harsh chemical perturbations can ram the bodies functioning in the right direction, albeit temporerally. But the side effects of medcine will never be fully grasped untill the body and the brain are completely understood, we are a long way off that, the amount of incurables is an indicator of just how far we have to go.

Everything can be healed using thought. Consciousness is paramout. The paradigm of the observer has begun to be taken seriously from quantum experiments but the implications are not realized abroad as of yet. Anything can be done using thought, fighting the laws of nature physically is folly, one needs to work with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Your experience is one many share that when the mid is sick the body shows where and why via physical symptoms.

Louise Hay is one of the original researchers to identify this connection and in my experience, correctly align physical symptoms to mind weak areas.

I respect your honestly in addressing vanity to your Eczema and yes you cured yourself from knowing and in effect repairing your damaged areas.

As to innocent children - they often carry the problems of the parents via negative neuron memory and genetic inheritance. When you look at backgrounds, this bears out nearly 100% in all cases.

Fear is the No1 human enemy, often irrational but it's energy, potentially devastating!

Nice thread!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
I had a wart growing on my inner forearm two summers ago. It was also around a time that I was become concerned with vanity...
...I didn't want to get it removed; it was a part of me. It was a very mystical moment.
A week later it was gone.

That's pretty awesome, thanks for sharing. Seems quite similar to what i experienced. Maybe we are onto something haha

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu

They do, it is called genetics. But sometimes that intelligence goes wrong, like when cells begin to divide without control. We call that cancer.

I completely see where you are going here, and you're not wrong. But what i think you are addressing is the what and the how, what i am addressing is the why.

Really?
Tell that to kids with leukemia. But you are right, who writes a script with kids getting Leukemia?
There are reasons though, the body is fragile, it is not perfect or eternal nor are any of its parts or systems.

This will sound absolutely terrible to some, but i actually also believe there are reasons for a child who is struck down with a terrible illness such as Leukemia.

It may not be fair, and i wish it upon no-one, but if you take a soul's journey from one life to the next, and if you accept that 'lessons' experienced are vehicles for spiritual growth, then perhaps this innocent child lying in the hospital bed is learning a past life lesson in this lifetime. Perhaps the Leukemia is a means to teach this soul 'limitations', 'persistence', 'strength' and so on. This can get extremely deep, so will leave it here for now and see where we go with it

Originally posted by srsenEach case would present differently for each person and for each ailment and circumstance.
That is incorrect. The fact that many ailments are predictable or understood means we have effective treatments.

This point was intended more in a deep philosophical/spiritual manner. My lessons will be different from yours hence my illnesses will mean different things to me as we have had different journeys/lives.

Originally posted by srsenThe idea is that by addressing the mental and/or spiritual aspect relevant to the illness, you can cure yourself and/or prevent any further illness from occurring.
This is not new, which is why religious people used to perform exorcisms on mentally ill people. But I agree that a certain mentality or a spiritual strength can effect a persons attitude towards health or a serious health issue. But it is also observed that these have had no effect on healing health problems.

Don't disagree with what you are saying here, but again, i'm coming from a slightly different place where it isn't so much a spiritual 'strength' or 'belief' that causes the 'healing', but instead more of leaning the lesson presented to you and hence 'evolving', so to speak, one's actual soul/spirit.

No to be picky, but you had eczema for years, so your vanity can only be sourced as aggravating your problem, not its cause.

True. Perhaps there was an underlying vanity (or something else) which initially caused the eczema to appear and i only noticed the connection when it got worse??

Originally posted by polarwarrior
One of the scary truths is that what you describe OP would destroy all big phrama companies and they will fight tooth and nail not to loose their multi billion dollar profits. And big pharma is just the beginning, how are you supposed to make money off people who dont require any material products for their well being.

Yes, i often ponder this when learning of the different healing modalities available to everyone from the power of our own mind/spirit/etc.

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I believe the body is a projection of the mind, all physical illness began in the mind.

As a chiropractor who deals with alternate healing, my girlfriend has learnt of something known as N.E.T - Neuro Emotional Technique. It combines kinesiology (sp?) and basically attempts to heal physical ailments by locating the corresponding emotional 'problem' and working through that problem psychologically. It's very interesting. You should look into it

Originally posted by Velvet1
Your experience is one many share that when the mid is sick the body shows where and why via physical symptoms.

Louise Hay is one of the original researchers to identify this connection and in my experience, correctly align physical symptoms to mind weak areas.

Louise Hay was the first author i ever read linking physical ailments to non-physical causes. Her theory is a bit black n white though and hence comes across a bit hit n miss - to me anyway.

Though when i read her i was losing my hair and had no idea why - she linked hair loss to basically being a control freak (at the time i WITHOUT A DOUBT was a control freak haha). She hit nail on the head with that one!

A good starting point though no doubt at all!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well,I know what you say to be true.

It is the power of the mind over the body.

I have used it since i was a small child and it has amazed medical staff for years.

The first time I did it I knew it was real.

I had a high fever the night I was to perform my first singing solo in 6th grade.

My father called the doctor to come over,back in those days they still made house calls.

He checked me and I had a 102 degree fever.He said I should be in the hospital.

I was adamant I was going to sing.

He said they would go downstairs for coffee and when he came back up to check me,if it was still the same I was headed to the hospital,if it was lower I could go sing.

I laid back on my bed in the dark in the cool room(no heat in the upstairs) and just relaxed and concentrated on drawing the cold air in to my body to lower the fever.

I laid there and just allowed my body to cool, starting with my toes and just slowly felt each body part cool down as I forced the fever out of my body through my head(I knew heat rises so in my child mind it should leave through my head).

Shortly they came back up to my room and he checked my temperature.

It was normal.absolutely normal temperature.

He asked me how I did that and I told him,the mind controls the body.

I was 11 years old.

I burned the area of my arm on the inside where the arm bends (inside elbow area)when I was 22 at work.

Went to the industrial clinic and saw the doctor about it.

He looked at the two nasty blisters on my arm one on the forearm and one on the lower bicep and told me it would heal but I would have two nasty scars.

I told him there would be no scar.

He told me unless there were no complications to come back in a month for clearance to go back to full work status.

I laid on my back in the dark at night and concentrated all my "energy" on that spot.

I could feel it tingling and I would just zone out concentrating on it healing.

I went back in a month and showed him both my arms and asked him which one had been burned.

He could not tell which one!

Of course using royal jelly to help the skin rejuvenate didn't hurt either.

Mother nature gives us many things that are natural healing agents if used properly and with the right mindset.

The mind controls the body.

It is real and anyone can learn to use it.

I have many other incidents like this where I have healed myself.

I had read that the worse type of burn does not hurt, because the nerve endings are so burned your brain(mind) blocks out the pain as a defensive mechanism.

If you get mildly burned focus your mind on the area and intensify the pain until it is blocked out by your mind.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
wow, amazing. this thread has caused an epiphany in me.

have you heard the quote, ... " What you resist, persists. What you look at goes away".

it makes complete sense now. by constantly fighting against, and thinking of our afflictions it only gives it that much more reality.

by thinking, " How am I going to get rid of this eczema" ?? you are telling the universe you have eczema, so that's what it creates. The very act of resistance creates a condition to resist.

when one accepts something, the war ends, ... a balance is reached. and everything becomes whole again.

it makes perfect sense ~~!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would like to see someone that lives forever.

It seems to be possible in most Americans thoughts.

Sickness and illness are some spiritual problem, some lesson to be learned, some karma or just world retribution.

So it stands to reason, that if we can all just heal ourselves, if only we would, that we should live forever.

No wonder there's so many in this country that put money over offering employees health insurance, or health insurance company employees so easily drop sick people, or we can't get a decent health care bill in congress, and what we do get, people get livid over. A lot of people.

Cause all we need to do is accept personal responsibility. I don't eat right, live right, exercise right, meditate right, or think right. That's why I'm sick.
That's why my husband got the flu! That's why my son got measles when he was 2!

That's why I'm allergic to my own blood - that's why another lady with this condition just gave birth to twins with it - critically sick infants looking at life in a bubble (who's insurance company just dropped them all.)

Gah!

Don't get me wrong. lol I KNOW there's a spiritual component to illness. I know there's a reason the placebo response works.

But it's not fullproof yet EITHER, is it?

I wonder what kind of sickness you doom yourself too by judging other people for causing their own illnesses? For blaming the victims? Heck, maybe that's why everyone dies.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's good to see others that know our minds hold the key. We all forget we are the architects of the bodies we inhabit and the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I haven't been to the doc in, well, so long I can't remember.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to posts by IntastellaBurst and Oneolddude

There is no doubt the mind is stronger than the body will ever be! It is quite excellent to see people both in control of their personal vehicle and learning moreso how it works!

The only problem, IMO, with using the 'power' of the mind over the body, as Oneoldude seems to have mastered, is that it is limiting on many. Some people, myself included, simply do not have the 'mind power' to make it work long-term.

I used to employ this technique but i found that after a while i could no longer place myself in a state of mind to achieve it.

This is why my current system seems to work much better, for me at least, and also leads to further personal growth/spiritual evolution. Instead of simply bypassing the illness/lesson, my concept puts the illness to good use and i come out of it learning something everytime.

Originally posted by hadriana
...Sickness and illness are some spiritual problem, some lesson to be learned, some karma or just world retribution.

So it stands to reason, that if we can all just heal ourselves, if only we would, that we should live forever.

Interesting, but i don't agree IMO.

I don't think we are able to or meant to live forever.

Each life has an 'end date' and it needs to end. We can only grow/evolve so much from one existence. I believe we need to experience many different circumstances in many lives. This leads to, IMO, a more 'rounded' spiritual journey and hence more chances to further evolve our spirit.

Originally posted by hadriana
...I wonder what kind of sickness you doom yourself too by judging other people for causing their own illnesses? For blaming the victims? Heck, maybe that's why everyone dies...

As far as judging people? Not sure if you were aiming that at me, but that is one thing i simply do not do. I have done my best over the last few years to stop judging peope altogether.

Actually, I am often getting myself into trouble in my personal life because i find it hard to take sides and judge someone's actions as this or that.

I make a point to always try to understand each person's perspectives in whatever it is they are doing right or wrong. So I don't think i am making myself ill from judging people

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForager
It's good to see others that know our minds hold the key. We all forget we are the architects of the bodies we inhabit and the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I haven't been to the doc in, well, so long I can't remember.

Well said mate!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Another star to you - this is so true.

I always get skin problems when I feel pressure from family, and I also become unable to eat - a nervous reaction. As a child, I also became asthmatic when under pressure.

This was programmed into me when I was very young, by family behaviour and beliefs - brainwashing actually.

It is sad to think that kids are always being brainwashed by older people - whether their family, their teachers or others - but it is true.

And if more people came to believe that their own minds could overcome this, it would be a happier and wiser world.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I always get skin problems when I feel pressure from family, and I also become unable to eat - a nervous reaction. As a child, I also became asthmatic when under pressure.

See, this is exactly what i mean by each lesson being different for each person.

I'm not sure family pressure equates to stress, but whenever i get majorly stressed i also get a weird skin reaction. Actually, it is often there (i think i know why i have it but i am yet to overcome the reason for it) but i certainly know that a particular type of stress sets it off bigtime.

Originally posted by catwhoknows
It is sad to think that kids are always being brainwashed by older people - whether their family, their teachers or others - but it is true.

And if more people came to believe that their own minds could overcome this, it would be a happier and wiser world.

This is kind of off-topic but the influence of more 'set-in-their-ways' adults on younger people really upsets me. We paint the picture for them before giving them a chance to even learn how to paint.

I used to be a journalist but recently returned to University to become a school teacher in an attempt to be a small part of breaking this cycle. I really hate how we impose set world views on younger people.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I think so-called education can be damaging.

I was also a journalist and then became a market researcher and writer.

I have a BA degree majoring in English and Philosophy.

I have come to this belief - the less you are educated, the happier you are.

But it all comes down to your upbringing, and whether or not you had a loving climate.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Education is both a blessing and a curse. Bottom line, it comes down to the educator.

I would disagree with your statement that the less educated you are the happier you are. I am more educated now than i have ever been, but i am certainly in a happy space. I decide my lessons in life now> I choose my growth patterns and hence im happy

Which nicely comes full-circle back to the thread topic. I have found more inner happiness since employing the technique described in this thread because as a result, there's a constant state of personal growth and improvement.

Though it must be said that i IN NO WAY think the lessons will ever stop. No-one incarnating in this plane is perfect, nor can that state ever be achieved in this plane, IMO.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by srsen]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join