It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cured Myself - The Linking of Physical Ailments and Mental/Spiritual Mindsets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It`s called many things, positive thinking, the power of prayer, mind over matter, or to some, simply "faith". Faith in what? God? Yourself? Does it matter? I put my faith in God but don`t follow any particular religion. So the definition of God is not concrete in my mind, sometimes I think he resides within all of us. If you have it, your gonna be happier and less fearful of the future. Yes faith can waver, but mostly that`s temporary and probably due to some outside influence. This "power" we have is not limited to our physical health in the traditional sense, I believe it has kept me alive through dangerous situations. On some other thread I believe I related the story of being held at gunpoint. It`s really weird because in situations like that (haha... yeah ive had more crazy things happen besides that too), instead of becoming irrational and falling apart, I seem to become hyperaware and my brain leaps into action telling me the best plan of action. Or rather, I use my brain to quickly pour through the catalog of possible choices and outcomes. I don`t want people to get the impression that I was getting messages from an outside source. And there was also a feeling that I just knew it would be ok no matter what. Maybe I just keep getting lucky but I`ve survived a few crazy things. And I`ve always had faith. But then I`ve always gone out of my way to do good deeds so could be a karma thing too...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Wow - you've certainly been in some interesting circumstances then! I always wonder how i would react in certain situations.

I'm actually quite convinced that i would not hesitate to put my life on the line for an others, though i think that's easier said than done haha!

Anyway, in regards to the power of the mind, faith, etc.

As i have said earlier, there is no doubt the mind is infinitely powerful and is the gateway to many supposedly 'impossible' feats, but it is not the power of the mind i am using.

It's more of a systematic process of identifying what i am doing 'wrong' so-to-speak and why and how the body is alerting me of this fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just had a thought that i should post some other examples of what i'm trying to explain in this thread.

Just last week i had a run of 3 concerts to go to in 5 days and was absolutely pumped for them. Had been looking forward to them for the longest time.

Two nights before the first concert i started to get a sore throat. From what i've stated already in this thread, i started to think bout why i was getting it. I couldn't think of anything. I went to bed.

The next day when i woke up, sore throat was still there. I hopped out of bed and while walking to the kitchen i felt a muscle near my right shoulder suddenly 'rip' and 'go' on me. There was literally NO cause for this.

Cursing my 'bad luck' i starting to think bout what i was doing wrong to cause this. I love heavy metal, so i need to be fit n healthy to go gigs, i love a good mosh!

So I called my girlfriend and we had this big fight. She just seemed really peeved off at me. I didn't know why.

Long story short i worked out that i had inadvertently been getting so wrapped up in the upcoming gigs and talking with my mates bout them, etc that i had become completely self-indulged. I failed to realise that not only did i miss a good friend's birthday but i didn't even notice that my girlfriend had been feeling pretty dodgey herself.

My lesson was not to be selfish. Don't become so self involved and to remember life isn't just about me and my experiences. Think of others and make sure i do not continue to put myself first.

It was about midday i came to this conclusion. By the time i had eaten dinner i realised my sore throat/oncoming cold had gone completely and my shoulder muscle situation had gone completely too.

I apologised to my girlfriend for being a bit too self obsessed and to my mate for not wishing her Happy Birthday. The gigs came, were amazing, and life was good again.

This example is a good one because there is even direct correlation - the muscular problem would have severely limited my fun as i wouldn't have been able to rip in to the pits!

This is just one example i can give - make of it what you will. Hopefully it makes what i'm trying to say a bit clearer

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nice topic, worthy of further investigation.

If you have not already, please look into a man named Edgar Cayce. He has written a lot about this topic.

Here is a start.

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Edgar Cayce - as a big believer in the existence of civilizations before our current one, I actually own a few Cayce books. I have read much of his medical advice (he had a 95% accuracy - amazing!), but was completely unaware of him discussing anything such as what is discussed in this thread.

Will check it out now

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting. A bit from Cayce on issues such as those found in this thread.

Quote from this source
One of the most frequently mentioned concepts in the Edgar Cayce material is that Spirit is the Life, Mind is the Builder, and the Physical is the Result. In other words, spirit is the source of all life. The mind focuses that energy into creative (positive) or destructive (negative) avenues of expression. The impact of our choices will eventually find expression in the physical, affecting ourselves and our relationships with one another.

Because of the importance of working with spiritual principles in everyday life, in 1931 the Edgar Cayce readings began outlining a series of lessons on spiritual growth that are still being studied by individuals around the world from all walks of life and religious backgrounds

Thanks for the heads up hotbakedtater!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Hmmm interesting. A bit from Cayce on issues such as those found in this thread.

Quote from this source
One of the most frequently mentioned concepts in the Edgar Cayce material is that Spirit is the Life, Mind is the Builder, and the Physical is the Result. In other words, spirit is the source of all life. The mind focuses that energy into creative (positive) or destructive (negative) avenues of expression. The impact of our choices will eventually find expression in the physical, affecting ourselves and our relationships with one another.

Because of the importance of working with spiritual principles in everyday life, in 1931 the Edgar Cayce readings began outlining a series of lessons on spiritual growth that are still being studied by individuals around the world from all walks of life and religious backgrounds

Thanks for the heads up hotbakedtater!
You are welcome. I suggest The Sleeping Prophet by Jess Stearn (from memory, so spelling may be off). Wonderful biography of Edgar. He was very much into the thoughts and ideas expressed in this thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

It's odd that I never knew this bout Cayce.

Although considering i was reading Cayce 3 or 4 years ago, i suspect that back then i wasn't 'ready' for the deeper spiritual side of him and was instead more seeking the 'sensationalist' information he provided on past civilizations.

So prob just skipped over it haha

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hello Srsen, I know i'm bringing up an old post, but have you had any sucess lately with your healing?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This topic is all about the universe/nature, etc being in HARMONY with itself. On a large scale ,look at how the moon pulls the tide, etc.. It is all in harmony with itself, so I truly believe that when things are out of harmony within our own lives, sickness, etc... comes in, where maybe it otherwise would not have.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

I agree completely with you, it's all about keeping yourself "balanced". Things become troublesome when you are trying to put back together someone other than yourself...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join