It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama looks at climate engineering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Obama looks at climate engineering

www.breitbart.com

One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
To me this sounds like a trial balloon towards disclosure or more openness on the chemtrail topic. Pretty soon we'll be hearing more about the Teller Sky Shield proposal, and away we go.

I think in other writings contrails are referred to as "pollution", so again a way to tie in this proposal with what's already happening.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by LookingIn]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The article is one of those oddly brief ones- more of a news tidbit than anything.

Frankly, I'm surprised they're still riding the warming wagon with this. Are people still buying the warming stuff? I agree with the notion of not taking things off the table but large-scale "climatic bioengineering" would invariably affect many if not all nations and would never reach a democratic consensus as we have seen this in the past. Given that, clandestine action would be the only viable route and clandestine action is usually never done to serve broader humanity (IMHO).

I agree with the OP that this does smell like early disclosure efforts. Not for sure but possibly. A discerning individual can sense the way such topics creep into the spotlight of public discourse (which is a deliberate and filtered series of revelations).

I think we should all keep an eye of Obama's energy secretary.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here's an article about the author of this article which asserts he is a global warming fear-monger:
www.discussglobalwarming.com...

Perhaps there is truth to this and that it extends beyond his personal convictions to his role in the warming agenda? An agent for Gore? Ehh? He is the exclusive (?) science writer for AP. That's a big role for peddling any environmental agenda I'd say.

www.ap.org...

If someone could provide a bilderberg attendee list with his name on it, I'd be convinced.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So they are going to fix what they call "Man-made climate change" by actually performing man-made climate change? Why am I not surprised. I would hope before anyone does idiotic stuff like this that would affect the whole planet they have to get approval!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sorry for the multi-posting but another thing which is absolutely alarming is that the article starts by stating this "adviser" said warming is so "dire" urgent action is needed.
Dire means extremely serious or urgent. I'm just wondering if it's a good thing to have a man as presidential adviser who thinks it's dire.

Where I live, we just got three inches of snow in April.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't believe in global warming. I don't like pollution thou, but I don't believe carbon monoxide, is eating our whatever you call it. Maybe if we are polluting it with radioactive waste, or some man made chemicals, then perhaps we would be destroying our OZONE layer. Sounds kooky, but thanks for the news.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
First, you don't screw with mother nature.
Second, these morons have to figure out if the climate is warming or cooling. The overwhelming majority of the scientific community seem to think we will be on a cooling trend.

Now here comes Obama and Gore with a great scheme to keep the planet cooler. Hmmm. Makes no sense to me. They are asking for trouble.

This is what happens when you fool with mother nature.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Second, these morons have to figure out if the climate is warming or cooling. The overwhelming majority of the scientific community seem to think we will be on a cooling trend.

I totally agree with you. There is not enough historical meteorological data, to determine wether warmer temperatures were caused by man made influences. I also agree, that judging by recent met data, the earth seems to be on a cooling trend.

I believe the earth goes thorugh some kind of natural progression where it balances between warm and cool environments. El Nino and La Nina weather patterns also deeply influence climatic observations to some extent

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
YES. let the insanity begin.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Huge Man-Made Algae Swarm Devoured--Bad for Climate?

For years, scientists have proposed supercharging algae growth by dumping tons of iron into the ocean.

Dear god what will they do to the planet?

Shrimplike animals devoured 159 square miles (300 square kilometers) of artificially stimulated algae meant to fight global warming—casting serious doubt on ocean fertilization as a climate-control tool.

experts have warned of unintended consequences, such as unpredictable reactions in the ecosystem.

And that's just what happened during a recent, large-scale iron dump in the South Atlantic, the Alfred Wegener Institute in Germany announced this week.

Deep Solar Minimum

April 1, 2009: The sunspot cycle is behaving a little like the stock market. Just when you think it has hit bottom, it goes even lower.

science.nasa.gov...

and
US Navy Physicist warns of possibly
'several decades of crushing cold temperatures
and global famine'
By Retired U.S. Navy Physicist and Engineer James A. Marusek

2 Apr 09 – Excerpts: “The sun has gone very quiet as it transitions to Solar Cycle 24.

“Since the current transition now exceeds 568 spotless days, it is becoming clear that sun has undergone a state change. It is now evident that the Grand Maxima state that has persisted during most of the 20th century has come to an abrupt end.
personals.galaxyinternet.net...

[edit on 123030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
All discussion is good discussion, however I'd like to re-assert my main theme that the deliberate dispersal of reflective particulates into the upper atmosphere to:

a) alter the earth's albedo to combat global warming and
b) block incoming UV as a defense against ozone loss

is the "Teller Sky Shield", which is one of the unproven but possible rationales for the officially unacknowledged aerosol operations observed around the world everyday. My point was that perhaps an acknowledgement of these operations could be coming soon, and comments such as those made by the Obama administration official are a trial balloon toward this acknowledgement.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Why use aerosols or reflective particles?

Contrails, and the cirrus clouds (ice based clouds) they create when they persist do a good enough job of reflecting long wave radiation back into space

They also work in the opposite way, trapping out going radiation in the troposphere, by reflecting it back towards the ground, thus heating the area. This is why cloudy nights are much warmer than clear nights

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
'Shooting pollution particles into upper atmosphere to reflect sun's rays'...

Darn if that doesn't sound just like the Annunaki,

Is that what they need all the gold for?

Their plundering of the earth’s gold supplies was necessary in order to achieve just one end. They needed to pump the stuff into the atmosphere of Nibiru.

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

wild just wild.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'm just going by what that brainiac Teller proposed. I think it has do to with the wavelengths - inbound light is affected by the reflective particles but the re-radiated outbound heat is not (in the same way that inbound light is NOT blocked by atmospheric CO2, but re-radiated heat from the surface is trapped by it). The science is buried in here:

e-reports-ext.llnl.gov...

I believe...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Holdren noted that shooting particles into the air — making an artificial volcano as one Nobel laureate has suggested — could have grave side effects and would not completely solve all the problems from soaring greenhouse gas emissions.

www.foxnews.com...

well if the globe is actually cooling, then this is not a good thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

I think more relevant to the article is the issue that people in positions to implement serious policy are recognizing weather modification to be reality or potential reality and what precedent (eg military, HAARP, Australia's, Sky Shield) they are drawing off of.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think this merits attention. Our entire civilization is structured around a Holocene climate, which in terms of geological history, is a relatively rare climactic period. If we are going to live on a planet whose climate is highly variable we should have the means to keep its climate in a sort of artificial equilibrium. If we don't investigate this today, future generations will; it's inevitable. There will be a climate on this Earth, whether it is 100 or 2,000 years from now that is so fundamentally different from what we experience today that we will either have to engage in geo/climate engineering, or rebuild our habitats into something totally different. Perhaps nanotechnology might be able to modify building materials, such as steel, or synthesize entirely new metals on the fly, replacing old walls, etc. instantaneously whenever temperatures or other climatic variables change. What about colonizing Mars or Venus? Would we terraform them completely, or would we just "adapt" by modifying our habitats on a local level?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

DUMBs- deep underground military bases- invite only
Advanced spacecraft- invite only
colonizing other planets or moons- invite only
Let the elite bail when the planet goes belly up but for now please don't mess with our planet- the rest of us rats like it as is (except the Warming rats, they're never happy with things as they are).

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Search ...
Indirect direct aerosol spraying campaign

www.atmos-chem-phys.net...

Atmospheric aerosols play an important role in the global climate system. Aerosol particles influence the global radiation budget directly, by scattering and absorption ( ° Angstr¨om, 1962; McCormic and Ludwig, 1967), as well as indirectly, by the modification of cloud properties (Twomey, 1974; Graßl, 1975; Twomey, 1977; Albrecht, 1989; Hansen et al., 1997; Lohmann, 2002), with feedbacks to the hydrological cycle (Lohmann and Feichter, 1997; Liepert et al., 2004). Furthermore, heterogeneous reactions on the aerosol surface and in liquid aerosol particles interact with the chemistry of the atmosphere (Ravishankara, 1997; Andreae and Crutzen, 1997; Crutzen, 1996; Dentener and Crutzen, 1993). Pollutants, such as DDT, condense on aerosol particles so that their transport and deposition are largely determined by the aerosol pathways (van Pul et al., 1998; Unsworth et al., 1999). Moreover, the deposition of aerosol in the ocean plays an important role in the biogeochemical cycle of the oceans (Vink and Measures, 2001; Johnson et al., 1997). Nevertheless, the quantitative comprehension of the role of aerosols is still insufficient (e.g. Penner et al., 2001; Ramanathan et al., 2001; Heintzenberg et al., 2003). To increase the understanding of this complex system, the ECHAM5 General Circulation Model (GCM) (Roeckner et al., 2003) has been extended by a complex aerosol model allowing long-term, i.e. depending on the model resolution centennial to millennial scale, transient climate simulations. A major objective is to quantify the aerosol radiative effects and their impacts on the global climate system for present day and future conditions.

www.pdf-search-engine.com...

www.google.com... ECHAM5-HAM&btnG=Search

www.iseek.com...

www.scribd.com...

Obama Looks AT....what a scam they have been using the Indirect Direct Aerosol Spraying Campaign since 1996 ...TPTB have been doing this for years and you all denied it...whatever ....wake the heck up everyone when at last finally they are getting caught everywhere....now they have to admit it and say its for our own good what a bleeping joke...oh by the way they are looking for a few good judas's to fly the planes for them that just got outed too...Patriot Radio in New Orleans...Go guys we are winning the war.

in a time of deceit, the truth is revolutionary...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Hashishian]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz,

Can you now admit that there may be something to the chemtrail conspiracy now that the government is openly discussing the possiblity of shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays? I mean this idea does not just come out of thin air.

I believe they have been experimenting with this concept in the form of chemtrails for years. It will come out eventually. Hey maybe Scott Stevens has been right all along.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join