It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Da Vinci Code

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
is that really the resting place of the grail(this is the only way i could say it without spoiling the book)

[edit on 4-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
that book has sum GOOD points but MOST of it was writtin by fiction and is NOT TRUE...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirello
is that really the resting place of the grail(this is the only way i could say it without spoiling the book)

No, i still go with the Scotland idea.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Very intruiging plot elements in that book. Some are engrained in fact...no telling where the grail is though...or even if what he claims is true...who knows.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I love this book, such a gripping and interesting story. I love the ideas it presented. I doubt that's really the grail's resting place, because if it was truly known, people would have found it by now, ya know? Dan Brown takes care in researching a crapload before he writes, but he's allowed to take some liberties.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There is a lot of solid research in it. Only his end conclusions scream of fiction! I know they are making this into a film (Ron Howard directing), I hope they do a decent job. It really needs to have a lot of historical flashbacks to work.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For all of you who loved it.........like me.

The movie is coming! My SIL works for Warner Bros and she says its in Post Production already.

Although she or my MIL has not read it. Their "Pastor" would not recommend it. They can't read anything until they check with "Pastor" What loons!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
whats it rated are they gonna do this or angels and demons

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Mirello,

I will ask her next Weds at family dinner. She didn't want to elaborate. Just speaking it was like a sin for her. So I will dig deeper! I will update the post.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

No, i still go with the Scotland idea.

Keep in mind, in Behold a Pale Horse Big Billy Cooper claimed the Holy Grail was hidden in France...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

whats it rated are they gonna do this or angels and demons

OK, I asked her tonight at the hockey game. She said she doesn't know what the rating will be, she believes we will see a few well known actors and it should be coming in Summer, fall at latest.

Its in post production right now. Ron Howard is directing it.

A exerpt from darkhorizons.com

'The Rascal' was at a talk with best-selling author Dan Brown the other day who spoke out about Imagine Entertainment's planned adaptation of his already famous "The DaVinci Code" about a murder investigation which leads to uncovering of all sorts of ancient conspiracies and religious secrets:

"Brown said that he was wary of selling the rights to the book. He was first courted by Harvey Weinstein, but found his meetings with him to be distasteful. Eventually he agreed to sell the rights to Ron Howard. Brown indicated that Howard was deciding between Russell Crowe and Tom Hanks for the part of Robert Langdon.

Tom Cruise was trying to acquire the rights but is NOT under consideration by Howard. Although Brown has a veto right over the choice of lead character, he said that he will not overrule Howard, saying: �how am I supposed to tell an academy award-winning director that he�s wrong when I don�t know anything about movies?�

If Brown could choose anyone, he said he�d like to see Ralph Fiennes play Langdon, but said that he knew that Fiennes wasn�t a big enough B.O. draw to be seriously considered for the part. The budget is set at $100+ million and filming will be on location in Paris and England".

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
AWESOME BOOK!

A real thinker, especially for anyone raised Catholic or Christian (unfortunately, most of them aren't allowed to think - they get their "ideas" from their church leaders).

I want more information. I would like to see a bibliography from the author so I can learn more.

As to the resting place of the grail, probably just a WAG from the author.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
AWESOME BOOK!

A real thinker, especially for anyone raised Catholic or Christian (unfortunately, most of them aren't allowed to think - they get their "ideas" from their church leaders).

I want more information. I would like to see a bibliography from the author so I can learn more.

Exactly! Like I said earlier. My SIL and MIL had to ask their pastor about it. He told them not to read it! LIke they cant think or decide for themselves if it is a good book. Whats to hide. Is he affraid some of it is true and people might start asking questions?

I mean why should be be scared unless he's affraid of losing that Sunday Tithe?

But funny how they go see all the movies with sex and cuss words in them. Just like "end of Days" They couldnt wait to go see that one! I don't think pastor would have approved! Naughty naughty.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
most of the research is pretty on target from my readings of Jim Marrs, but his conclusions are off key.

Ive always wondered if he is a puppet of the Illuminati in bringing their existance to the world. How many other books do you know that had the Illuminati in them? the Knights Templar? worldwide conspiracies?

seems farfetched for the average human to just pick up without further collaboration.

I reccomend reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown... just as good as the Di Vinci Code, but a little more conspiracal.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Overall it is a great book of Fiction with a Non fiction base, and It was one of my more enjoyable reads that I could persuade more than 10 people to borrow off me.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They are in production, not POST. Post comes after principal photography is finished. This film doesnt even have a fixed cast as of yet and the release date is 2005.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achilles
They are in production, not POST. Post comes after principal photography is finished. This film doesnt even have a fixed cast as of yet and the release date is 2005.

Youre probably right. My SIL knows everything about everything........ she thinks. I can't ever tell her shes wrong but she probably is. She just wanted to shoot off her mouth to make herself feel important. She likes to hear herself talk. Just because she workes for WB she thinks she owns the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Like most people are saying... the book is fiction. There are some real facts in the book, but the key facts are mostly fiction. I read the book and was just dying to do some research. Opus Dei is a real organization and do the thing that are told in the book. The Templars are a real secret society, but most people believe they are nonexsistent. The Holy Grail portrayed in the book is just fiction, just to keep your mind thinking. If you like this book, go read Angles and Demons, the prequel, it has to do with the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast

Ive always wondered if he is a puppet of the Illuminati in bringing their existance to the world. How many other books do you know that had the Illuminati in them? the Knights Templar? worldwide conspiracies?

The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson

Look Here
Sorry, had to plug my favorite author.
Also, my first post here *does some weird first-post-here dance*

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ive read angels and demons and his next book is coming in 2005(i read it on his website)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join