It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentegon launching tests for Super Soilder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"The Pentagon has launched a series of remarkable medical experiments to find a way to keep its soldiers and pilots awake and alert for up to five days at a time.
The mission to create an Extended Performance War Fighter, as the project is known, took on added urgency last week as the military's use of amphetamine stimulants - "go pills" as they are called - was plunged into deep controversy."
"The Pentagon's search for an Extended Performance War Fighter concentrates on employing advanced genetics and neurological science, rather than the drugs which have been used since World War II to keep fighters awake and alert.
Jan Walker, the spokesman for the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency, confirmed that the Pentagon was "working out ways to resist the effects of sleep deprivation. If our fighters can do that, we can fundamentally change the order of battle, and it would make a revolutionary difference".
The agency is an inner circle of scientists and defence bureaucrats whose job is to dream up the next battlefield tools - including "stealth" technology to make low-flying aircraft invisible to radar.
One of its plans for keeping warriors awake is to "zap" their brains with an electro-magnetic energy called TMS. Much of the research is being conducted by Yaakov Stern in the laboratories of the neurological science department at Columbia University. "

(
Bush's Amerika becomes frighteningly similar to Nazi Germany with each passing day
)

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have read something like this in 1984. This program was called " The Red Top Program ". B-52 pilots were " connected " to their computers-planes, just to be sure that they would drop the bomb if they had to do it.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Repeat this over and over to yourself....

"Extended Performance War Fighter concentrates on employing advanced genetics and neurological science"

Advanced Genetics and Neurological Science.........................

Genetics.......................

UberMan...Zieg Heil!

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
this has been in the works for years..And i even believe was even tasted in vietnam on some of the special warfare guys..(ie to keep them alert and awake tell the completion of there mission)!

But i guess you could tag it on to Bush...lol

Boomslang

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The Pentagon Plan to Create Mutant "Super-Soldiers"

by CHRIS FLOYD

The great wizard, leader of the Wise, once known to all the world as a force for good, has turned bitter, fearful--and ambitious. Aping the ways of the evil he once fought--brutality, dominance, greed, terror--he descends to his secret laboratory, where, with black arts of alchemy and fiendish technology, he breeds a race of mutant warriors, "iron bodied and iron willed": fierce fighters who can attack day and night, without rest, their combat spirit kept soaring by spikes of lightning from the wizard's wand.

A scene from Tolkein's Lord of the Rings, where the corrupted wizard Saruman fashions his monstrous Uruk- Hai to wage a relentless, remorseless war for dominion? No; unfortunately it's a very real scheme now being pursued by the Pentagon, whose dope wizards and gene splicers are working on the creation of the "Extended Performance War Fighter," the Daily Telegraph and Christian Science Monitor report.

Pentagon dark lord Donald Rumsfeld is shoveling billions of tax dollars into the research furnaces of federal laboratories and private universities across the land in the wide-ranging effort to spawn "super soldiers," fired by drugs and electromagnetic "brain zaps" to fight without ceasing for days on end. The work is being directed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)--yes, the same outfit now laboring under convicted terrorist-conspirator John Poindexter to build the "Total Information Awareness" network that will allow the government to monitor the electronic records and communications of every citizen.

The DARPA "war fighter enhancement" programs--an acceleration of bipartisan biotinkering that's been going on for years--will involve injecting young men and women with hormonal, neurological and genetic concoctions; implanting microchips and electrodes in their bodies to control their internal organs and brain functions; and plying them with drugs that deaden some of their normal human tendencies: the need for sleep, the fear of death, the reluctance to kill their fellow human beings.

The research is "very aggressive and wide open," says Admiral Stephen Baker of the Center for Defense Information. Indeed, the U.S. Special Operations Command envisions the creation of "iron bodied and iron willed personnel" who can "resist the mental and physiological effects of sleep deprivation" while relying on "ergogenic substances" to "manage" the "environmental and mentally induced stress" of the battlefield. Their bodies juiced, their brains swaddled in Prozacian haze, the enhanced warfighters can churn relentlessly, remorselessly toward dominion.

And the term "creation" is not just fanciful rhetoric: some of the research now underway involves actually altering the genetic code of soldiers, modifying bits of DNA to fashion a new type of human specimen, one that functions like a machine, killing tirelessly for days and nights on end. These mutations will "revolutionize the contemporary order of battle" and guarantee "operational dominance across the whole range of potential U.S. military employments," the DARPA wizards enthuse.

Of course, the Pentagon is not waiting on sci-fi technology to enhance the physical abilities of its warfighters; old-fashioned off-the-shelf "additives" have long been shoved down soldiers' throats. For example, the use of amphetamines for pilots has been widespread for decades; during the first Bush-Saddam War, whole squadrons were cranked up on the stuff. Not only is the gobbling of speed officially sanctioned, it's actively encouraged, even implicitly mandated--careers can be derailed for pilots who refuse to drug themselves.

The results of this dope-peddling were clearly seen on the new imperial frontier of Afghanistan last spring, when two U.S. pilots--hopped up on speed--killed four Canadian allies in a "friendly fire" bombing raid. The pilots, now facing legal charges, say Air Force brass pressured them into taking the mind-altering drug before the fatal flight.

But such glitches are inevitable in any grand scientific undertaking, and DARPA remains undeterred in its bold quest to "push the limits of human input/output," advance the "symbiotic relationship between man and machine," and customize "pharmaceutical technology" to "embolden the warfighter and his superiors," as military scientists declared at a Pentagon-sponsored conference on "future warfare."

What happens to the burnt-out husks of these "iron" soldiers after their minds and bodies have been eaten way by relentless modification and ceaseless toil is, of course, of no concern to the Bush Regime. Even now, the White House is cutting back on health benefits to military veterans--even going so far as to order veterans hospitals not to advertise their available services, lest broken soldiers actually seek to claim the promise of support their government once gave them. For men like Bush--protected scions of privilege who sit out wars in safety, in booze-addled luxury--such promises are just cynical sucker ploys, aimed at coaxing decent soldiers into acting as the hitmen of empire, then discarding them when they're no longer needed.

How very strange it is: those who want to turn American soldiers into mindless, drug-addled mutants and send them off to kill and die in far-flung wars of imperial conquest are seen as patriots, noble leaders, doing the will of God; while those who would rather see these good men and women called home, treated with honor and respect--their talents and dedication applied solely to the defense of their own great country, not pressed into the service of a greedy, rapacious elite--are denounced as "traitors," "anti-American agitators," "allies of terrorism."

But such is the inversion of values--the wisdom gone astray and turned to fell practice--that now rules in Bush's Washington, and in the Pentagon's fiery crucibles of war.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with Bush. It is some CRAZY program by some people deep in the Pentagon with no clue.

The majority of Flight Surgeons out there would ground any pilot known to be taking drugs to stay awake. Heck, I haven't taken any medicine except for asprin during my career since the Flight Surgeon would make me DNIF and that's frowned upon by co-workers.

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It sounds like an episode of the X-files, where the army gave some soldiers a type of lobotomy in Vietnam which kept them awake permanently. This was to make them more aggressive in combat. So Mulder had to track these soldiers down who hadn't been to sleep for 30 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
X-Files used to be such a sweet show back when they actually cared about the script.
This is pinned on Bush; though illegitamate, he's still the CINC last time I checked.
There is an active Amphetamine program for pilots; at least there was before Canadians started getting killed.

I'll say again....GENETIC MANIPULATION! This was done before......the Nazis were very big on Eugenics building a better soilder.

What was that movie with Kurt Russell where he was a genetically enhanced born&raised fighting machine replaced by a new model?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A month or 2 ago..

This thing here has do with certain 'chemical' in our brain that actually keeps us awake and alerted..

They are planning to make pills about that 'chemical'..

So that as long as one eats these you really dont need any sleep at all.. and has little or no side effects..

Dont ask me the name of the chemical as i dont even remember it remotely in my own language..

Let alone in english..

But that is what they are up to..

This 'chemical' is quite new find..
(This or last year..)

Anyhow i learned one another funny thing from that documentary..

It seems that military pilots are already using drungs to keep themself awake during night time flying..

Mostly thing called 'speed' (amphetamine..) and they are desperate to find a another 'chem' to replace it as you know that the 'speed' has some nasty side effects..

(Belive me.. ive seem people under influence of this.. they are quite nervous..)

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would actually like to sign up for that program. That'd be really cool to become some kind of superhuman. I'd love never having to sleep, it's such a waste of time, anyway. I'd rather be doing something productive. And the problem with the drugs is that when you're done using them, you crash HARD and could sleep for an entire 24 hour period, or longer, depending on how long you were taking them.

Fix my genome and make me not have to sleep, please

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Fix my genome and make me not have to sleep, please

Documentary also talked about this..

It really seems that not sleeping wouldnt be a good thing..

As we would also be forced to work more as civilians..

We would lose our humanity.

I think that regular people already work too much and that work should really be only for 4-6h per day..

As i for one arent to work my a55 of for somebody else..

Im here for myself, and for my friends and loved ones.. i only live twi.. ONCE!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not saying everyone should be changed. Just me. If everyone was changed, I wouldn't be much of a super human, would I?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
whats the next step... trying to animate dead soldiers.. like a universal soldier kind of thing???

Go pills have been around for a long time... I used to work in a flight medicine clinic, very routine stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What a bunch of sick.....

Good God, I think the Pentagon is full of scientists playing an eloborate ame of truth or dare!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
whats the next step... trying to animate dead soldiers.. like a universal soldier kind of thing???

Universal Soldier was the first thing that came to mind for me too, groovy. I believe that Soldier was the movie Bout Time referred to. Never saw the whole thing though, so I can't be sure.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that this has been going on for years, with some testing having already been done. Eugenics is nothing new, as some of you have alluded to connections to Nazi Germany, but the concept has been a fascinating one for many sci-fi writers.

Creating the ultimate soldier has been the subject of various fictional accounts over the years now. Look back at Captain America in WWII, who was created as what was to be the first of many super-soldiers, with physical abilities raised to the very peak of human potential. More recent writings would include the mid-80s anime Macross's Zentran/Meltran warriors (giant cloned warriors) and the Old Republic Clone army shown in SW: E2.

Eugenics and genetic engineering may be a very distasteful concept, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit for it to come to pass as an officially recognized program sometime this century. It's the next step in our ongoing attempts to play god, whether that is good or bad is yet to be known.

I'm curious about the idea to use the so-called "junk-DNA" areas however. Trying to find the genetic material that controls sleep-deprivation sounds a little far-fetched even to me. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of altering parts of the human genome that have some unseen yet necessary benefits.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Melontonin is the chemical the brains releases when it needs sleep, so if they came up with a way to stop the brain from releasing melontonin the pilots and so forth could stay awake longer. thats just my little bit of info on the subject.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I got products that will keep your ass awake for 5 days!

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
This was done before......the Nazis were very big on Eugenics building a better soilder.

Wasn't the result of that experiment the Red Skull?
marvelbook.topcities.com...

And didn't the US do this already with the creation of Captian America?
marvelbook.topcities.com...

Old news...

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by soothsayer]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hmm im not too sure about the so called no side effects of all these things execpt for one. If you don't sleep, your'll eventually die. Sure you can prevent your brain from releasing chemicals so you don't get tired, but after time your'll start to hallucinate, then other nasty things will occur before you drop down and push up the daisies. We need down time (deep sleep) for our body to activate certain processess to rebuild damaged or dead cells etc. I can't see how this could be accomplised by "go pills" or playing around with genomes.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, at least the finnish army used product called "pervitiini" or "pervitin" during the 2nd world war to keep the soldiers awake and alert.

It was used mostly by rangers who traveled very far behind the soviet border. They had to ski or walk pssibly hundreds of kilometers in a relatively short time and still be capable of blowing something up or capture prisoners

It was also used by high ranking officers (even generals) and pilots. Apparently fighters were able to stay awake even up to two weeks before they became too disoriented to be useful until they slept for some (quite long) time.

btw. as far as i know the finnish defence forces still has pervitin and possibly other amphetamines ready to be deployed to troops if # hits the fan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join