It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.0 Earthquake 88 days and Solar Eclipse 8 days, Before 8/8/8 Olympics?!(And Now a 5.0 Earthquake in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So there is an earthquake 88 days before the Olympics begin, and it's an 8.0. Weird, right? or just coincidence...

The 2008 Sichuan earthquake (simplified Chinese: 四川大地震; traditional Chinese: 四川大地震; pinyin: Sìchuān dà dìzhèn), or "Great Sichuan Earthquake", which measured at 8.0 Ms[1][7][8] and 8.3 Mw[9] according to Chinese Earthquake Administration

source

So what if I told you that there was an eclipse 8 days before the Olympics, would that raise you ire? (remember, my sig leads you to the LHC countdown thread)

A total solar eclipse — the first in nearly two and a half years — will be visible along a narrow track that will start over the Northwest Passage of Canada, gives a glancing blow to northern Greenland, then shifts southeast through Siberia and western Mongolia and before ending near the famed Silk Route of China.

source
ENDING IN CHINA!!!
This is extremely creepy... Any thoughts?

[edit on 1-8-2008 by jasonjnelson]

Mod Edit: Thread Author's Request (Title Addition)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
just wanted to add: The number 8 is like ... holy for the Chinese people. It's their favorite number, i work with Chinese suppliers - some of them pay an enormous amount of money to get a cell phone number, with many 8's in it.

Well, as you said 8/8/08 is also the LHC countdown. It looks like we have to wait and see. It's sure kinda strange feeling about that date

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Not suprised in the least.

The elite LOVE using dates, numbers and astrological events as often as they can.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

I know it has a special meaning for them, so is this lucky, or bad?

I know it seems out there to some, but one too many is no longer coincidence to me, and it just feels creepy with all of these new outbreaks..

Plus, a solar eclipse that goes around the Northern hemisphere and ends in China?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well it indeed is very creepy. But we just have to wait until 8/8/08
Hopefully nothing will happen and if - I am prepared

Btw - I like your research on the LHC, your topics and posts keep me quite informed - thank you.

Thread stared and flagged -

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Not suprised in the least.

The elite LOVE using dates, numbers and astrological events as often as they can.
BIIIIIINNGOOOOOO!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

THanks, but it apparently takes two whole weeks to ire. But I still stand by the fact that something is up...

Maybe they like using the dates like the other poster suggested...

maybe we should look to the 8th hour before the Olympics...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just a little more material we can discuss

Eight

The word for "eight" (八,捌) in Chinese (Pinyin: bā) sounds similar to the word which means "prosper" or "wealth" (发 - short for "发财", Pinyin: fā). In regional dialects the words for "eight" and "fortune" are also similar, eg Cantonese "baat" and "faat".

There is also a resemblance between two digits, "88", and the shuang xi ('double joy'), a popular decorative design composed of two stylized characters 喜 (xi, 'joy', 'happiness').

Telephone number 8888-8888 was sold for USD$270,723 in Chengdu, China.

The Summer Olympics in Beijing are scheduled to open on 8/8/08 at 8:08:08 p.m.[2]

A man in Hangzhou offered to sell his license plate reading A88888 for 1.12 million yuan.[2]

Dragon Fish Industry in Singapore, a breeder of rare Asian Arowanas (which are "lucky fish" themselves, and, being a rare species, are required to be microchipped), makes sure to use numbers with plenty of eights in their microchip tag numbers, and appears to reserve particularly numbers especially rich in eights and sixes (e.g. 702088880006688) for particularly valuable specimens.[3][4]

source

a very interesting video about Chinese people and the number 8:
China's Lucky Number 8

but, maybe this number isn't too lucky:

Devastating Snow Storm 1/25/08 (1+2+5 = 8)
Beginning of Lhasa Riot 3/14/08 (3+1+4 = 8)
Sichuan Earthquake 5/12/08 (5+1+2 = 8)

source

Would be nice to know how many people will marry at 08/08/08 in China ?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The number 8 has always played a special -- if misunderstood -- role in the art and science of Numerology. Numerologists and Numerology enthusiasts often view 8 as the lucky number of money and power, but in truth, the 8 is better known as the "great balancer" -- it represents the belief that you reap what you sow.

8 represents balance; it's the number that brings reward to some and takes away from others. In shape and energy, 8 symbolizes the idea that all actions have consequences, and it strikes a balance not only in your financial health, but in matters of love and success throughout your life.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just wanted to add to your discussion that eight turned sideways looks like the symbol for infinity, does it not?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The number 8 has always played a special -- if misunderstood -- role in the art and science of Numerology. Numerologists and Numerology enthusiasts often view 8 as the lucky number of money and power, but in truth, the 8 is better known as the "great balancer" -- it represents the belief that you reap what you sow.

8 represents balance; it's the number that brings reward to some and takes away from others. In shape and energy, 8 symbolizes the idea that all actions have consequences, and it strikes a balance not only in your financial health, but in matters of love and success throughout your life.

Interesting.....I just finished reading the "Edgar Cayce American Prophet"

It discusses the "source" coming through Cayce describing reincarnation.
Appahrently you are reincarnated 8 times to balance your Karma.
If your poor in one life, your rich in another, If your a racist in one life then you'll come back as the "racey", (just a few examples)
Jesus (whom actually came thru Cayce several times).....was considered
"Master" because he was the first to go thru all 8 reincarnations.

Thanks!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

that's pretty cool...
I guess the truth is, I see a number like these and I can't help but think of something other than luck, you know?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Thats true, huh?

So is the general consensus that this omen is all for good in the end?

Whenever I hear of a solar eclipse, I think of a conneticut yankee in king arthurs court...

Any thoughts daytimers?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

Reap what you sow, huh?

Does it sound like the world might be gathering for a kharma body check. Especially with the newest talks of disease..

I must say, I thought this thread would have more steam than this....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Whenever I hear of a solar eclipse, I think of a conneticut yankee in king arthurs court...

Any thoughts daytimers?

Only that you can predict solar eclipses for thousands of years in the future since it's a regular event and based on planetary mechanics. It's sort of like predicting "The 6:15 train to Heathrow will arive at 6:15 on 6/15/08!!!"

If eclipses were magical, unpredictable events, I could see them as significant. But they arrive regularly (and somewhat more regularly than trains do.) And the Olympic Committee doesn't take into account the timing and location of eclipses when selecting sites.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sure, I know that. However, one cannot ignore thje coincidence of the timing. And unless all of India jumped rope at once, how can you explain the earthquake?

But here at work, random people are telling me they feel uneasy about the Olympics....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Personally, I am waiting for another earthquake to happen anytime because of the eclipse, the recent activity we've seen, and the strange cloud formations I've seen. This may sound weird but on 7-18-08, I saw a cloud formation that resembled photos I've seen of earthquake clouds. I didn't think anything about it at the time other than "that sure looks like an earthquake cloud" and the next day, 7-19-08, there was an earthquake in Japan. I know, coincidence right? Well it happened again the day before the LA earthquake last week, and I had a witness.
There have also been links made between solar eclipses and earthquakes. So I think there will be another earthquake soon.
Karma, reap what you sow, balance - makes good sense to me considering all of the things China has done.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Well, Chaitén volcano in Chile exploded today (right after the solar eclipse). Thread here. It's a caldera volcano. No one knows for sure the size of the magma chamber, but it could possibly become a Tambora 1815 type event, causing a volcanic winter...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Really?? Wow, that's not good!! I thought there could be volcanic activity due to the eclipse. Eruptions have also been linked to solar eclipses. I have to admit, I am a bit worried what the near future will hold.

Does anyone else see that the dates on the recent posts all say 1-8-08? Is this just my computer??

[edit on 1-8-2008 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thats incredible....

Won't an eruption on that scale bring a tidal wave to China?

All I know is, when I went to work today, I told a few people about this.

To a tee, all of them answered that they felt something was "wrong" with the Olympics this year, and that they thought something would "happen".

And I thought I was the Doom and Gloomer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join