It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Vaccinations??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have a question for everyone reguarding chilhood vaccinations. I have read alot of negative articles on this. Plus my first child, received all of his vaccines, has been diagnosed with Autism, Tourettes, and other nuerological disorders, all by the time he was 5 (kindergarten). None of these disorders run in either side of the family. I feel this has been attributed to the vaccines he received, but I have solid evidence. Now I am due to have my second child and I am concerned about the vaccines. I am strongly considering refusing the vaccines, but am concerned on the other hand of; what if they are necesary. I am looking for feedback from anyone on this topic and any advice/links you can provide.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Get the vaccinations, borderline child abuse if you don't. There are plenty of us that have not been affected. Plus your child/children wouldn't be able to attend school......

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There are a lot of conditions that don't run in the family that kids get, and a lot that do that kids DON'T get. Nothing to do with vaccines. I had all of mine, and not a problem for my entire life. My daughter had hers, and eded up with asthma, which didn't show up on my side of the family until my mother was in her late 50s. Genetics is an interesting field, and it's very confusing sometimes about what kids do and don't get.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
We homeschool around here, so that wouldn't be a problem. There are state laws that bypass the whole vaccination routine (due to religion, philosophical views, and medical). I too was given all of my childhood vaccinations and turned out ...ok (childhood asthma and such). I'm not saying ALL kids end up with these conditions, but isn't it possible that the government REQUIRES these as a way to test on these children? There was an article posted about how tiny microchips could've been used in the flu vaccines given out to americans just this past year (that's why all the fuss about "running out"), I doubt there is a limit to our government's agenda.
I doubt that it actually borderlines child abuse to not receive it, but just keep an open mind to the fact that our government is corrupt.
In the end I'm sure I will end up vaccinating my child, afterall we all end up conforming to the system in some way or another.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by conspiracy_101]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the microchip idea. I was under the impresion that the implantation of microchips would require an actual, well, implantation. Simply injecting them into muscle tissue via inoculation would almost surely put the microchips straight into your bloodstream and then out with waste.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
avoid thimerosal like the plague, it's a mercury compound and believed to be the source of vaccine related autism.

of course, any metal based preservative leaves a sour taste, but i think you'll be hard pressed to find anything without aluminium.

PS: if you ever consider chelation, be sure you test for heavy metal intoxication first - 2c

[edit on 29-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
don't vaccinate where the vaccine contains thimerosal (ethylmercury). mercury is one of the most toxic poisons on our planet. i have 2 sons with thimerosal related autism.Today,strangely, my wife was going to take my 4 year old to a free clinic for his triple antigen booster. i looked it up on the net first, then went ballistic.why,when you know what happened the first time, would you have him injected with the same poison again? i'm still shaking my head here,thank christ i had the day off work today. if he had been injected that would have been child abuse i.m.o. both my youngest sons had a real bad reaction to thier initial shots,crying for 3 days inconsolably.it may be possible to get the vaccinations without the mercury.california were going to ban thimerosal in vaccines a couple of years ago so check that out. also talk to your doctor as there may be some way of getting the immunity without using the mass produced thimerosal containing vaccine. that's what i'm intending to find out next time i go to the quack.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There are a lot of conditions that don't run in the family that kids get, and a lot that do that kids DON'T get. Nothing to do with vaccines.

Wrong. Plenty to do with vaccines. Some have been mentioned, like autism. Also there's been a connection shown between SIDS and vaccines. I believe it was Pauling who said that SIDS and vaccine related shock are indistinguishable.

Plus, vaccines when grouped together have been shown to create problems later in life like: cancer, heart disease and others...

Nothing to do with vaccines? Vaccines are a serious problem and have been ever since they were first tried hundreds of years ago!! i.e. Most of the people that died from the 1918 flu pandemic died from the vaccine that was supposed to prevent it!!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sources, Excitable_Boy?

I mean, honestly, if you're going to make such a radical claim, at least make it logical. What purpose would the government have in requiring these vaccines if they were harmful? I know you'll probably say "To make money from the pharmaceutical companies", but remember, these vaccinations are used all over the world. Do you honestly think the companies could bribe every doctor and every researcher in every country in the world to suppress negative research? Somehow, I doubt it. Obviously, there will be a small percentage of adverse effects associated with any treatment, and I'm sorry if you were one and now have a personal vendetta against all vaccines, but please, keep it in the realm of science, not fantasy.

I can't imagine what this board would be like if it was just people spouting off random nonsense like you do...maybe I'll give it a try..

It has been PROVEN that kittens are a direct link to Parkinson's disease AND erectile dysfunction! Seriously! I read it somewhere...I'll try to find my source again...hrmm...but seriously, it's a FACT, not personal belief, FACT!

Ciao,
~MFP

[edit on 1/31/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hello

We had to make an informed decision over our son's vaccination and proceeded without any mishaps.

We found this book really useful - it's by a GP who has a son with autism.

It pretty much demolishes the hysteria behind the anti-vaccination arguments.

link to book

I agree though, Thiomersal - don't see the point, and you can get TM-free versions on the NHS if you ask nicely.

I think the real problem with NOT vaccinating is that 'herd immunity' is being reduced and some children will die of measles as a result.

Cheers

TD

Apologies if the link doesn't work, I'll edit if need be!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Woo! The hyperlink worked!

Sorry Conspiracy_101 - you are in the US so the NHS is National Health Service in the UK, it's socialized and thus cheap and cheerful compared to the US - I think the DTP vaccine has thiomersal in it, (which I don't think it does in the US, I could be wrong) as a preservative and they *can* give you free versions but don't like to talk about it (i.e. costs them more money).

Regards
TD

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here are some links on the 'Herd Immunity Thing' - with reference to the measles outbreak of 2002 in Coburg, Germany. You could argue this happens when the anti-vaccination lobby get the upper hand.

Again apologies for the problems I am having with url links

homeopathy gone mad

Here's link to deaths caused by Herd Immunity Failing

why herd immunity matters

Right, let's post this and see if it works!

TD

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a moment and post in this thread, on an issue that is very personal for me.

My son has autism too.... amazing how common it is now... he is 8 now.

His autism was caused by over exposure of Thimerosal (from his normal childhood vaccinations).
He had the unfortunate luck of an over-eager pediatrician's office,
they decided to give him his "2nd round" during a visit because he had a cold or flu.
When his defenses were already down.... He wasn't even a year old....

...he got home and screamed, and then stared off into space.

...new parents don't know better... until they research their son's Autism and find this Thimerosal. find out about Thimerosal.

Don't let their "office records efficency" railroad you into anything!!

IT IS YOUR RIGHT to Thimerosal Free versions, DO IT!!

Look them straight in the eye and say it's a religious preference.

The Hepatitus shot GIVEN AT BIRTH is a horrible travesty, and should be stopped!!!
Give the child a week or 2 before you shoot him up with TOXINS!!

My lord, what has this world become?

-KD

[edit on 31-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's stuff about Thiomersal.

thiomersal link

I'm not sure if it causes any problems, but really, I can't see the point of using it. Like I said before, we vaccinated, could see the point, and did it without any real qualms, but we were jumpy about thiomersal - it just seemed, well, a bit silly.

TD

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here is a link I stumbled on and thought of this post. I though you might like to see this. I myself don't like the idea of Vaccinating because of dangerous chemicals like Thiomersal.

The Childhood Vaccination Program is damaging children’s health

Ever since mass vaccination of infants began last century, reports of serious brain, cardiovascular, metabolic and other injuries started filling pages of medical journals. A recent article called “The Dark Side of Immunizations,” reviewed reports from several countries showing that vaccinated children, in addition to having a lower I.Q., also have a higher incidence of behavioral problems, asthma, and diabetes than unvaccinated children. In fact, pertussis vaccine (whooping cough) has even been used to induce encephalomyelitis in animals, a potentially fatal disease characterized by brain swelling and haemorrhaging.

Take for example the strong link between vaccines, autism and other childhood behavioral disorders, a real problem Annie and her family live with 24/7. The overall amount of the heavy metal mercury that children were getting -- from the constantly increasing number of vaccinations -- was getting so high that between 1989 and 1999, children who received all the recommended vaccinations would have absorbed their lifetime’s “safe” amount by the time they were 6 months old. This “mistake” was so serious that it even prompted an adviser to the National Immunization Program, Dr. Neal Halsey of Johns Hopkins University, at a hearing in Cambridge three years ago to admit, "I feel badly that I didn't pick it up".

Symptoms of mercury toxicity in young children are extremely similar to those of autism and ADHD. Thus, it is thought that the widespread use of mercury in the childhood vaccination program explains the recent increase in the numbers of children diagnosed with autism since the early 1990s. Indeed, the high number of children diagnosed with autism seems to directly correlate with the recommendation of both the hepatitis B and HIB vaccine to infants in the early 1990s.

But it’s not just behavioral problems that are linked to the childhood vaccination program. Mounting evidence suggests the program has played a role in the massive upsurge of other 21st century childhood health epidemics, such as diabetes, cancer, and immune-system diseases like allergies, asthma and autoimmune disorders.

Childhood Vaccination: State Enforced Child Abuse?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah I love it. The simple fact is that the vaccination system in this country and most of the world works. Many of the "Not my child" crowd have forgotten or grown up in a world were your child does not have to die from poli, Mumps, Rubella et al. The horrors of taking care of a child in the ICU that dies from these oh so preventable illnesses will stay with me for the rest of my life ( I admit, I have never seen polio) but the others are just as bad.

As with everything in the medical field, you have to weigh the cost/benifit ratio. The cost is multifactorial. The human cost and the financial cost. Is the slight risk of side effects worth the long term benifits? Not if your that one in say 1:1,000,000, but for the rest it is.

As a parent, I will support your right not to vaccinate your child. But as a consumer I fail to see why I should pay for the care of your child if they get sick from one of these diseases. Its easy to be different and trendy when its not your dime IMHO

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Dear Moderator,

and you haven't really looked at the Thimerosal Issue?

The current rate of Autism in this country (USA) is at 1 in 166.
Autism used to hover around 1 in 10,000 until 1990 when they increased the vaccination schedule. THIS IS A FACT.
Then it shot steadily to 1 in 166 where it currently sits. THIS IS FACT

1 in 166 which are evidently so INSIGNIFICANT (as you implied)
but then you need factor in how many PEOPLE are affected. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, and....... you know what....... I can't continue....

This isn't an overall Vaccination witch hunt, this is a Preservative of Vaccines witchhunt.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX
Dear Moderator,
and you haven't really looked at the Thimerosal Issue?

Yes actually I have. As both a Pediatric CCT RN and a Parent of a vaccinated 3 year old. Also

Study fails to show a connection between thimerosal and autism

and

No case history has been encountered in which the differential diagnosis of these 2 disorders was a problem. Most important, no evidence yet brought forward indicates that children exposed to vaccines containing mercurials, or mercurials via any other route of exposure, have more autism than children with less or no such exposure.
Thimerosal and Autism?

and

www.aap.org... (A good analysis pointing out the flaws in the methodology of the studty citing the risk)

[edit on 1/31/06 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Autism is a serious concern. I posted a thread about the rising rates a while ago. Mercury is definitely one factor that needs to be brought under control unless we want to balloon up to a 50% autism rate in a few years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, the distinction between ethylmercury and methylmercury (IIRC) is also a factor.

This issue doesn't get enough attention, but vaccines probably aren't the worst culprit in terms of preventable autism. There has been a lot of discussion though, and it's ongoing. The medical community seems to largely support vaccinations, but of course "first do no harm" isn't the binding oath it once was, since big pharma got gargantuan.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Considering only six out of every one thousand people are autistic (www.ninds.nih.gov...), and we've been using the same vaccines for quite some time, I don't see how the rate of autism could,

balloon up to a 50% autism rate in a few years

That seems like a bit of an exaggeration on your part, don't you think?

Ciao,
~MFP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join