It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if aliens are ahead of us, why do they crash???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
if aliens are ahead of us...

why then do they crash???

you know, roswell and other supposed UFO crashes...

i don't get it...

if aliens are "so advanced" why do they still crash???

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
how about unfamiliar alien terrority, unexpected gravity, conditions they are unfamiliar with like weather?
I mean no matter how advanced, they're still aliens to our planet

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
how about unfamiliar alien terrority, unexpected gravity, conditions they are unfamiliar with like weather?
I mean no matter how advanced, they're still aliens to our planet

hmmm...

i was under the impression that aliens can know all this stuff even before they went to this planet...

you know...

how we know the gravity and other info. on the planets in our solar system and we didn't even go there...

i think its math???

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
how we know the gravity and other info. on the planets in our solar system and we didn't even go there...

i think its math???

On the proverbial head!

I've no idea! I'll ask next time I see one. I would suppose it's more of a "Hey! Let's land!" like we do on other planets, except they use spherical disks and we use balloons. Most of the 'crashes' are, I would think, just landings as such. But, as ww said, aliens can make mistakes too. They are, after all, only human.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I heard some lousy theory that it was to do with radar causeing them to crash. You would think that if they can protect themselves from cosmic and interdimensional stuff that radar would do little. I dont by it

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nobody is perfect.Not even aliens.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Whats more rediculous.......

A UFO crashing in the desert..........

or

A probe crashing in the desert and the plan was for helicopters to catch it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Accidents do happen.!

Afterall, they're only aliens!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
On the proverbial head!

They are, after all, only human.

what is the proverbial head???

also, tell gazork that they're only human

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well theres a simple answer to this topic. Aliens may be advanced, but they aren't perfect.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How about, nobody is perfect, and perhaps the pilot alien had to sneeze and the rest is history

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

what is the proverbial head???

You've hit the nail on the head.

also, tell gazork that they're only human

Ahhh, humor. Besides, I'm not THAT crazy. Sheesh.

Apparently we have a consensus. If you can crash an advanced space ship into a rocky planet, you are not perfect. Better stay away and evolve some more!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

if aliens are ahead of us...

why then do they crash???

you know, roswell and other supposed UFO crashes...

i don't get it...

if aliens are "so advanced" why do they still crash???

There is no proof that any alien ship ever crashed. There are billions of people on this planet and an alien ship never crashed in a city, town, or even a field around people. UFOs have been seen mostly in large cities, after all these years you would think at least one would have fallen out of the sky.

On the other hand staging a crash as a way to place a ship into the hands of certain governments-----to break the ice-----that's more plausible.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I started a thread like this a few weeks ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much the same thing. Is it time to close this thread

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They never crashed.

Have you herd of "the battle of Los Angeles" ? not the Rage againast the machine CD. Look it up.

The governments have made propaganda to make other nations think they have ET technology.

The Ets are far more advanced than we imagine.
Thousands of years more advanced.

www.raelianmovement.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
One theory is that alien ships run on charge. Ships are supplied with power at whatever home base it is they dock at, which would mean that, when in flight, that source of power would deplete over a certain amount of time, and if they don't recharge then they crash and burn... perhaps they're have been a few instances where they were unable to reach an "alien gas station", so to speak.

Or maybe the government is actually able to shoot them down with laser canons and other weapons of theory.

Or maybe they get a little carried away with midnight benges and drink a bit too much.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
if american technology is so advanced compared to solomon island tribes why do their helicopters crash?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Seems like such a silly question
So in your line of thinking....if your advanced you never make an error and accidents don't happen to you!?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here's a scenario....On an alien planet light years away from earth, a lonely grease monkey on minimum wage is pulling a double shift trying to get the antigravity drive installed before the big launch in a few days time. He's tired...cranky...and is pissed off that he got stuck doing the dirty work while his supervisor left work early to go play zero-g golf. He finishes putting all the bits into the ship and discovers a small part left over. He sure as hell doesn't want to have to pull the whole thing apart and put it back together again...hell...they aren't even paying him for the overtime he is doing...not to mention his wife is on his back about never being around to help out with the 15 kids. He decides that its such a small part that it couldn't really matter that much and puts it in his pocket before signing the job off as completed.

Numerous years and hundreds of light years later, the antigrav drive decides to fail while maneuvering through the atmosphere of a small blue planet orbiting a yellow sun.

Why do UFO's crash? Because like here, the ships are built by the contractors that come in with the lowest possible price, hire underskilled workers, and have a tendency to cut corners to cut down on costs.

Well, thats what I reckon anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Pretty much the same thing. Is it time to close this thread

Check the newer policy. Unless within the last 10 days, we tend to leave it open. Still, as answered, the answer is simple. Advanced science doesn't make you immune to Murphy's Law. Not to mention, there is increasingly supporting evidence that early radar may have interfered with the propulsion system. This is even speculation found in government documents and military officer testimony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join