It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Boy In Costco Kills On The Piano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This lost little boy in Costco has more talent than his body can hold! Most of us were probably still playing with tiddly winks and shrinky dinks when we were his age...

Little Kid Amazes Costco Shoppers with His Impromptu Piano Performance
From the OP: While his parents where off finding the best deals on buckets of mayonaise, lil' Felipe found something to keep himself occupied.

Felipe is hardly even bothered by strangers with video cameras as his fingers glide across the 88 keys and he works the foot pedals... all with out a stool or parent in sight!

Read more at www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Awesome Kid!

Stunning performance and at the end he showed us he is a performer! He will go far!

I just love happy stories !

P

edit on 27/2/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

pheonix358

Awesome Kid!

Stunning performance and at the end he showed us he is a performer! He will go far!

I just love happy stories !

P

edit on 27/2/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

It looked like he was playing that whole piece purely from memory as well!

I think you are right in him going far.
He certainly seemed to have that certain something regardless of age.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Wow....makes one wonder about 'reincarnation'
A child prodigy at the making, well already made

I took years of piano lessons as a kid growing up and no way did I ever get that good, not even close
Goodness gracious he sure has a future a head of him

Hope he continues with his wonderful piano playing
Imagine what he'll be like when he's 20!!

edit on 27-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Very impressive. Not technically perfect, but so far beyond his years it is ridiculous to watch. Especially without sheet music in front of him.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wow! Did you notice how those pieces he was playing seem to come from a particular time period, say late 1800's to early 1900's or earlier? That's what it seemed like to me. Perhaps he grew up listening to this kind of music in the home, if not, hmmm, where did he get it from? Reincarnation seems highly probable here.

My aunt sat down at a piano in the mid 40's at the age of 5 and played like that by ear. But, never went anywhere with it. Maybe he will develop his.

edit on 28-2-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

DaphneApollo
Reincarnation seems highly probable here.

That's the first thing I thought of too. And the time period for the music ....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm not trying to take anything away from this boy. I think he's great, however, It's called a piano teacher. I've taught all 3 of my kids how to play many different instruments(particularly piano and guitar) since they could hold something. My daughter, at age 7 could play at this level. This boy looks a little older than that. My 4 and 5 year olds play at least a couple hours every day. It's just a passion for some people. You can always tell if a musician is passionate by the way they play. All people are born with the talent to play an instrument, IMO, but not all people are gifted with high levels of passion. Awesome vid!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
UNBELIEVABLE.....that in 2014 people are still shooting videos vertically.....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

its easier to hold a phone in that manner if you are doing it with only 1 hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Holy crap! Costco sells pianos?
edit on 2/28/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The kid's amazing. I don't think he's lost literally or figuratively LOL Nice way to get him some much deserved publicity. He'll probably be in with Jimmy Fallon next week.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Damn all these talented kids! *throws guitar on ground, while it's former player gently weeps*

Actually, I don't normally plaster something more than once on ATS, but this last few weeks I've been blown away by this kid rock band. Insane talent and timing, please give this song a listen the whole way through, the girl singing is only 11! The drummer absolutly nails it! Properly recorded too, turn it up, all these kids should be idols, not drunken/drugged out manufactured pop 'artists'... Hopefully the can get this little boy piano man in their band!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

They are awesome!!

My daughter wanted a keyboard a few years back and I wasn't all into it (She was 13/14) because I knew she was thinking she was going to be able to play like the other kids she saw on youtube without any effort at all. My inlaws bought her that keyboard and she was done with it about 3 weeks in.
She draws UNREAL and we had to go through the whole "Everyone has a talent and nobody is good at everything".

It's amazing to see kids with a passion so strong that they can rise above so many others that may be a lot older than they are. I often wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the fact that they have not really lived long enough accept failure, or expect it. To them... at that age, anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

46 and 2....the greatest piece of music ever to manifest itself among humanity.

Those kids make a very nice version. Ill have to watch the whole video in a little bit, after i get the family out of my hair (they are all headed to see a man about a horse).

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, I watched Tool play it live last year - was the most incredible night of music of my life. But trust me when I tell you, turn it up, give these kids a go because they are so spot on with it. Note perfect, immaculate timing and you can tell once the girl has gotten over the first few nerves she is enjoying a moment of music and can't help but smile. Im/

Kangaroo! We've got keyboards in my house (3 of), guitars (6 of), drum kit (just sold), clarinet, bass etc. I was hoping my kids would have a red-hot go at learning them. My eldest daughter loved clarinet, and actually went on a trip overseas with her school band, but she dropped it in favour of guitar. Sadly, she doesn't have enough drive to focus on it enough to become a master, although she is fantastic at chords but the internet and friends are too distracting. *le sigh* But I'm glad she does enjoy music, and am glad that there are kids in the world with that drive to succeed. How I wish I was one of those kids! *happily jealous*

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Awesome. Did I hear someone say that he's taking the violin too? If I ever poop out a kid (that's how it works right?) I will be encouraging my child to pick up an instrument. I was always encouraged but never really got into it. Looking back I think I would have learned a lot from it and regret never following through. A lot of life lessons learning to play.

I like the dapper black guys smile towards the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

God I'm so untalented...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

God I'm so untalented...

Ha! I'm so glad that I am not the only one who feels that way when I run up on things like this. I'm usually watching with my jaw dropped wondering how in the world somebody could do that!

I have had to make peace with the fact that I am just that untalented.

top topics

join