It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ALL Members RE: *Social/Role Playing Threads on OT*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you Kosmic Jack.

Message recieved.

Tsu

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'm responding to Springer, but, any other adm. or mods, please feel free to respond with my thanks in advance...

While I don't frequent ATS/BTS as frequently as I used to, or would like...I do post music via YouTube, etc. at least weekly on average...I was not an English major so a thread like Mood Music is a good venue to express myself as I am a soulful, music-oriented person...

So, speaking to a dumb person (as I'm not "getting" the OP message clearly), are you saying that using multi-media "sources" such as youtube effect the overall data & quality (via BTS) is a "harm" to the overall site (vs. just written posts like this)? If so, & you would rather use the width for ATS, I can understand completely.

If it is a blonde question, then consider the source....me!

Until then, I will just try to hold off on BTS posts, lol...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Not an owner or admin, but:

Now that the new Mood Music thread is up, feel free to put up what music strikes your mood.
It's meant to be a fun thread....and posting vids is totally on topic.

Much like one of my favorite threads, Post A Funny (T&C Friendly) Pic--PART II: The LOL Strikes Back! , the written word is not the focus of the thread.
Members do comment, but media other than words is the topic.

ATS has decided to limit ALL kinds of threads to 400 pages, regardless of the media. Due to the sheer size of the threads.

edit on Fri Feb 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: i kant speel

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be a good idea to just close a thread after it gets so big? It's ridiculous having to read through 400 pages anyway.
Start a new thread after a certain amount of posts, makes sense.

ETA: I realize this has been done. What I mean, is just make it standard. After a certain amount of posts, thread is closed, new one started.
edit on 1-3-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

That's the idea behind this announcement, letting everyone know that is how it will be handled going forward.

edit on 3-1-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So why not open a section for the role players? Not that I'd be part of that section, but everyone may be happy......maybe......might need a pilot section to know.......?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

I can only refer you to the last paragraph of the post you are replying to...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

StormyStars

So why not open a section for the role players? Not that I'd be part of that section, but everyone may be happy......maybe......might need a pilot section to know.......?

There is such a section.

It's called the Collaborative Writing Forum.

All the role play you'd like can be found there.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join