It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gun Confiscation on the Way in Connecticut?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

butcherguy
I kept hearing from the progressives....'Don't be silly, no one wants to take your guns away from you.'

They have even mentioned the fact that they couldn't get any bans passed after Sandy Hook, so gun owners were paranoid if they think the government wants to take their guns.

Yeah, who is paranoid?

I live next to Sandy Hook ....two of my friends kids died plus the physiologist from our town... look at the letter they are serious!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

neo96
Gun confiscation is coming to us all no matter where we live.

Perhaps that is what all the Mrap purchases was all about.

Perhaps that is what all the government ammo purchases was all about.

There is ABSOlUTELY no gun control law needed.

NONE.

Because we ALREADY have laws against the harming/murdering of another person.

What they are selling is fascism.

What they are selling is a false sense of security.
I agree with you brother %100!

'Those who trade 'safety' for 'security' will soon find themselves as having NEITHER.

Geezus look at what they are calling 'assault weapons' ! ! !

The most dangerous assault weapon there is are lawmakers.

The most dangerous weapon of mass destruction is government.

It is truly astonishing how many people choose to give up their civil liberties to idiotic lawmakers.

Thinking they actually give a crap about 'people'.

What they are selling is the police state.

The last step in ORWELL gone wild.
edit on 27-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The entire 'assault weapon' moniker always makes me chuckle as it seems like the only ones who use it have never used a firearm. I would rather get shot with my Panther .223 'assault weapon' then my lever action Winchester .308. There is a better chance of me walking away from the former but the latter is going leave a mark.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
WTIC interviewed the head of this program for the State of Connecticut a few weeks back, he was both on Dunaway and Vicevitch's shows, and he admitted that aside from sending a stern letter, there wasn't much the state could "actually do" to confiscate the weapons in question, and he knew it was a bum law passed only to make the legislature look good after Newtown.

Knowing form onths now that these letters were coming out, and coupled with the fact that the Commissioner of the Conn State Police has stated that if they don't know about the gun, unless it's used in a crime, they can't very well go get it now can they?

Most of the weapons in question have been handed down a few times over and were sold without the State's knowledge under some rule from a few years back that allowed it, I can't exactly remember what he said.. but the gist was that some guns, and these are the ones they were hoping were registered in this program, were gotten totally legally but before the State registered them as assault weapons..

I think this is much ado over nothing honestly..

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

The entire 'assault weapon' moniker always makes me chuckle as it seems like the only ones who use it have never used a firearm. I would rather get shot with my Panther .223 'assault weapon' then my lever action Winchester .308. There is a better chance of me walking away from the former but the latter is going leave a mark.
I don't have a pistol permit that expired years ago but my main home defense weapon is a Bernelli 4 found semi automatic shotgun...why got at cost number one gun was number one rated by the NRA last year and....... in our small town we are seeing more home invasions... the cops are good for response....but what do you do till they get their.
15 years ago a buddy of mine in the Vol. Fire dept was awoken to his door being smashed in , his kids at 6 and 5 and wife he wa going to protect....this was at 2AM... he grabbed his pump shotgun and confronted them... turns out they were high on drugs... but they were waving around pistols wanting money... after his third request to drop the weapons one perts raised his weapon and fired 3 rounds... killing one and wounding the other ...no charges filed against him.
I asked did you feel bad... he said after all the crap we have seen in th FD it just was a pain in the ass to clean up the boold and do some replastering !
edit on 27-2-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That is one way of looking at it.

Some of us think that a State government announcing that citizens have to either turn in or destroy their firearms is a big deal.... and unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by vkey08

Some of us think that a State government announcing that citizens have to either turn in or destroy their firearms is a big deal.... and unconstitutional.

And you didn't read any of what i put then, also this isn't a turn in or destroy, it's a re-register them as assault weapons law, no-one has been told to turn them in, unless you mean the part of the letter that says if you don't register that's what you should do...which is legally what they should be doing, although most probably won't and the State has no way of making sure they do or don't..which was kinda the point of my post, the State, with all it's bark, can't do much if people don't comply, except yell stop again...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well we will see what is going to happen... I am 59 and have many friends that are long term retirees from the Army< USMC and Special forces...I have mentioned on this site before one of my buddies with 25 years plus in the marine core ...3 purple hearts various metals got a bronze star... Says ...come and try to take away my weapons I have done 8 tours of duty for my country, they are still denying %20 disability do to me and have cut my benefits by %7 .

Come knock on my door.

Pretty sad, But I am with him!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I can't stay online///but all my old Vets. marine army,special forces say lets go! Scary!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
I can't stay online///but all my old Vets. marine army,special forces say lets go! Scary!

Well my first question is where are you gonna go ?
Leave the state?
Set up a perimeter, where ?

No one is busting down doors and confiscating weapons at 3 am in the middle of the night; not yet...

Cooler heads would find out the legislators names who pushed and passed this law and do a recall, like Colorado did; if the elected officials offend thee pluck them out, or simply put, remove them from office legally.. If the majority believe in gun rights, and the law/politicians are wrong you will be successful.... if not, you are on the short end of the stick and need to start thinking about a move out of state..

There may be a time for Roger Ranger, but now it is just saber rattling by the authorities in the form of a blasted letter and a feel good (to them) law.

If TPTB start cracking heads and shooting people in their bed then it will be a different game altogether. One against many is a lost cause in an armed conflict.... something both sides should consider.

Way back when the Brits went door to door for taxes and guns those who resisted were killed and occasionally whole families and the farm house was burned to the ground, to set the tone and as an example for all to see..

When the yanks joined, gathered, and stood united then and only then were they successful..... if they were able to pick the time and place of the fight, things went much better... Nothing has changed in the regard..
edit on 27-2-2014 by 727Sky because: ,,,

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

vkey08

butcherguy
reply to post by vkey08

And you didn't read any of what i put then, also this isn't a turn in or destroy, it's a re-register them as assault weapons law, no-one has been told to turn them in, unless you mean the part of the letter that says if you don't register that's what you should do...which is legally what they should be doing, although most probably won't and the State has no way of making sure they do or don't..which was kinda the point of my post, the State, with all it's bark, can't do much if people don't comply, except yell stop again...

Here is what I am saying.
Some citizens are opposed to gun registration.
If they are, they have the other options left to them....
Turn in or destroy.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

nighthawk1954

network dude
reply to post by nighthawk1954

The Marlin model 60.

Is an assault rifle?

The squirrels are gonna be nervous now.

Who elected those pinheads?

Here in CT. only if it has more than 7 rounds.

This killing machine holds 18 rounds. Thats 10 squirrels and 8 rabbits. Kilt. Tombstone dead.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Funny story about the great state of CT...

So, in the summer if 2012, we decided to rent a beach house in Milford with a couple of friends. As we were driving around, noticed a gun store and decided to stop. It wasn't crowded, in fact we were the only four people there besides the employees! Anyway, I notice an old Luger in a display case and ask to look at it and the employee asks me for my permit. Dumbfounded, I explain that in I'm from PA and don't have one. He places it back in the case and tells me that, IAW state law, I am not allowed to touch it without a state pistol permit.

Awesome state you folks have up there, hope laws like that make you feel safe.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

network dude

nighthawk1954

network dude

The Marlin model 60.

Is an assault rifle?

This killing machine holds 18 rounds. Thats 10 squirrels and 8 rabbits. Kilt. Tombstone dead.

You missed 'EVIL' when you described the aforementioned assault rifle.
Or is that only when the rifle is completely black?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

butcherguy

Being that he is a Mason it makes everything he touches automatically evil.

Everything.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Feltrick
Anyway, I notice an old Luger in a display case and ask to look at it and the employee asks me for my permit.

Same here in New Jersey. You first need to get a firearms permit which allows you to buy long guns and ammunition. If you want a handgun you must apply for a second permit that is vaild only for 90 days and can only be used on one firearm.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

butcherguy

vkey08

butcherguy
reply to post by vkey08

Here is what I am saying.
Some citizens are opposed to gun registration.
If they are, they have the other options left to them....
Turn in or destroy.

Registration does not violate your second amendment rights. I am so sick of people claiming it does. Guns have had to be registered in some form or another for years. This law is really a do nothing law, they will NOT go after people who don't' register, they have so much as stated it.

There are no laws on the books that claim that you cannot have the gun. If THAT were the case, then you would be able to cry and whine and moan and groan, as it stands now, the right to bear arms is NOT infringed upon by a simple registration procedure, and there is NOTHING in the Constitution that says otherwise, it simply says you have the right to BEAR the arm, this law does not take that right from you..

This is 15 or so years of defending peoples Civil Rights speaking, and I see NOTHING wrong with simply having to register a weapon, certainly helps if it's stolen ya think? You think this is a civil rights case? It's not. A person that's been told they cannot have a gun because some state says they are mentally ill without a court deeming it, THERE is a civil rights case.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Registration does not violate your second amendment rights. I am so sick of people claiming it does.

I am so sick of people twisting my words. There how is that?

I said some people are opposed to registration. You understand that now, I hope.

Now I hope that you realize that people are allowed to be opposed to registration, even at risk of making you sick because you misunderstand.

Tell me please, what purpose does registration of firearms by the government serve?

If this is the best that you have....

certainly helps if it's stolen ya think?

A gunowner has to report a gun stolen before any action can be taken by the police. When a gunowner reports a gun as stolen, he can give the serial number of the weapon then.... if he actually wants to have any hope that it will be recovered. Making registration useless in that respect.
edit on b000000282014-02-28T08:07:45-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2014 08:07:45 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by vkey08

Registration does not violate your second amendment rights. I am so sick of people claiming it does.

I am so sick of people twisting my words. There how is that?

I said some people are opposed to registration. You understand that now, I hope.

Now I hope that you realize that people are allowed to be opposed to registration, even at risk of making you sick because you misunderstand.

Tell me please, what purpose does registration of firearms by the government serve?

If this is the best that you have....

certainly helps if it's stolen ya think?

A gunowner has to report a gun stolen before any action can be taken by the police. When a gunowner reports a gun as stolen, he can give the serial number of the weapon then.... if he actually wants to have any hope that it will be recovered. Making registration useless in that respect.
edit on b000000282014-02-28T08:07:45-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2014 08:07:45 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

The opposition to registration as I have seen comes from a clear misrepresentation that somehow registration impedes your right to carry, it does not. Being opposed to registering a handgun or weapon is about as good as the sovvies claiming they don't have to register their cars because well, hey i'm opposed to ANY government registration.

Sorry can't sell me on this is a bad law, it's not.. it's tame compared to what they WANTED to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

butcherguy

network dude

nighthawk1954

network dude

The Marlin model 60.

Is an assault rifle?

Or is that only when the rifle is completely black?

you can get a black stock for this weapon. Luckily, all mine are wood. Black stocks scare me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join