It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gun Confiscation on the Way in Connecticut?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The government has no need to know who owns what guns.

Why is that so hard for people like you to understand?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus
There really are no hoops to jump through as there is not real way to get one even if you have what the average person would think is a reasonable request, e.g. the ATM owner who sometimes carries $30-40,000 in cash and was chased multiple times by criminals was denied a permit. The modus operandi is to deny all requests which seriously impinges on our 2nd Amendment rights and compromises many citizen's safety.

which is the problem inherent with being a "may issue" state....

This idiotic law was around two decades before Christy and can only be overturned by the legislature.

i was referring to the fact that christy is VERY anti-gun...NO progress can be made(through conventional channels), when the person with the power to veto(regardless of the wishes of the people) is against the thing that has been passed...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Daedalus
which is the problem inherent with being a "may issue" state....

Agreed, and why the amicus brief is so important.

i was referring to the fact that christy is VERY anti-gun...NO progress can be made(through conventional channels), when the person with the power to veto(regardless of the wishes of the people) is against the thing that has been passed...

But even if he morphed into Charleton Heston we would still be screwed as the ultra-liberal New Jersey legislature would not even consider rescinding any of New Jersey's oppressive gun laws.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus
Agreed, and why the amicus brief is so important.

true.

But even if he morphed into Charleton Heston we would still be screwed as the ultra-liberal New Jersey legislature would not even consider rescinding any of New Jersey's oppressive gun laws.

also true.

but it doesn't help when that -bites tongue- when the governor publicly is against it...

it'd be better if he could come to the people and say "look, i wanted it, but the guys in trenton think they know what's better for you. next time, vote for better people"

when i think "liberal", i think free, laid back...it's funny when what a "liberal" politician actually stands for is completely the opposite of what one would expect....all of these political labels are so counter-intuitive...that's why i don't use them, because they're all stupid, lol

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

network dude
reply to post by nighthawk1954

The Marlin model 60.

Is an assault rifle?

The squirrels are gonna be nervous now.

Who elected those pinheads?

Don't play there game. They want to ban all guns not just Black guns. They will use the hunters like cheap whores.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join