It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Space Sex Magick: A True Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Well that's convenient,

I have been to the Houdini place also, before and after the remodel, I had been so used to hiking over the ruins of old properties like that in the foothills during my childhood that I found it hard to be impressed, but I'm glad I got to see it before the 'property-flippers' got ahold of the place in the late 90s.

The Lookout Mountain Air Force Station is probably a good place to start, but it won't make a terrible lot of sense until it is placed in to the larger context of what was happening in L.A. and Hollywood and the Sunset Strip at the time.

...the Laurel Canyon compound formerly known as the Lookout Mountain Air Force Station--the military ran its secret nuclear bomb film unit out of the joint in the years between World War II and 1963, and it had a soundstage, screening rooms, processing labs, and a staff of filmmakers with top-secret security clearance (the story was just declassified a couple years ago).

The compound has been on and off the market since 2010 (asking price earlier this year: $5.75 million), but now it's been pulled off the market and, according to broker/blogger Jimmy Bayan, leased to a rehab center.

la.curbed.com...

I just noticed that Dave McGowan has made a book of his L.C. write up and not all chapters are available on his site anymore. There is still a lot there, and much more spread over the web. He's over in Santa Monica, I think. There was even a more mundane version of the L.C. scene that was published as a popular book a few years back.

All that to say, that despite living in weird-land itself, you might find the story to be the weirdest, and maybe scariest story you have heard yet. Personally? I have a rough time listening to any of the music from that era any longer, it was a sad side-effect of reading McGowan's treatment of the whole thing.

So be warned, but I think that it would be best if you read the tale yourself, and then we could commiserate.

I'm sure I would learn a lot too, as it has been a while since I have visited the stuff and a new set of eyes would probably bring new insight to the whole deal.

edit on 28-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Yes! L.C. Would make a great vid series. Josh, you should fit right in!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

McGowan is mostly full of it. He uses the circumstances of how every important musician in Laurel Canyon ended up there to weave a paranoid tale of government mind control and all sorts of spooky stuff. It's entertaining, though. It's just a real stretch of the imagination. Of course it is easy to make those claims when a good part of an entire generation is on a substance that was leaked from the government. But you have to ask why was this substance made illegal if they wanted everyone on it? They didn't want everyone on it because people on this substance were the governments worst nightmare. That's why it was made illegal and places were inundated with substances to render you useless instead of a substance that made you happy and creative.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Oh hey,

Re: Pasadena/Parsons/JPL

I meant to ask you if you got a look at the Hahamongra Watershed/Park when you were at Ames R.C.? At most times of the year it truly does look like some portal to hell. And it's full of snakes; you go in the spring and the hikers aren't hiking, they are standing in clumps of people looking at snakes. It's hilarious from a distance.

edit on 1-3-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its amazing some times, confusing magic with some more magic.

It just sounds like sex fetishes...A lot of crazy, and stupid sex fetishes.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Holographicmeat

I gave you a star because that made me chuckle out loud. Other than that.....I honestly don't know what to say about Outer Space Sex Magic. It seemed ok to me until they started talking about 9 months of rituals blah blah blah. Children need mentally stable parents and 9 months of that would make anyone a little nutty I would think. Sooooo it is my opinion that no one should attempt this lol.
I thought when I read the title it was about what would happen if you had sex in space? No gravity.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thank you very much for a great post and video. I've been fascinated by this subject for some time, but finding good information was difficult. You've simplified it. Please continue, if you discover more.

Also, a strange, yet relevant, question came to me, while watching this. If all of the 'free love' and poly-amorous relationships were so plentiful around Mr. Parsons, it would not seem unlikely that he may have fathered some children. After all, this was well before 'the pill' was around, keeping pregnancy down during the late 60's free love movement. It would be interesting to talk to his offspring, if they do exist. Just an idea. Does anyone know? (Kind of curious regarding the same of Crowley, too. Hmmm?)

Thanks again for your thought provoking documentary.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Specimen
Its amazing some times, confusing magic with some more magic.

It just sounds like sex fetishes...A lot of crazy, and stupid sex fetishes.

From the little I read on this stuff, which would be almost nothing, or at all compared to some in this thread who seem to really be into this stuff. But that seems exactly what it is, some sort of sex fetish, and if there trying to summon some extraterrestrials or interdenominational or bond with space females or some sort of being to open the gates to hell. Well then there doing all wrong.

Kinky stuff but whatever floats peoples boats I guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I think the people who don’t like Hubbard and his Scientology are intimidated by Magick…being so ignorant of it they don’t think it necessary or wise to go into it.

They can attack Hubbard from the standard anti authoritarian, anti-cultic perspective of the modern, usually liberal, mentality.
It’s no need in going into the arcane area of Magick where a little education is appropriate.

Also, I thing ceremonial magick is one of the taboos still existing in the mainstream media, for whatever reason.

edit on 4-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I think the people who don’t like Hubbard and his Scientology are intimidated by Magick…being so ignorant of it they don’t think it necessary or wise to go into it.

Nah I think Hubbard is some sort of shoddy writer, and it seems when you reach a level of being so shoddy the next step up is to write your own bible. Its been proven to improve you sales. Its all hubris however even his name is hubris.

They can attack Hubbard from the standard anti authoritarian, anti-cultic perspective of the modern, usually liberal, mentality. It’s no need in going into the arcane area of Magick where a little education is appropriate.

Oh ya. Well personally I am only impressed by the ones who can pull rabbits out of hats, I would especially be more impressed by them if they did it while we were on a deserted island and starving to death.

Also, I thing ceremonial magick is one of the taboos still existing in the mainstream media, for whatever reason.

Nah! Mainstream media is a form of ceremonial magic. Those that practice mainstream media dont consider other forms of ceremonial magic as taboo, they consider it not, or they consider it competition. But hey its all magic I suppose. Some dude spungs into a tablet now all of sudden people are interested in it.

Go figure eh, chances are every single adolescent has probably done something more bizarre then that at one point or another. And well? We dont seem to consider that to be magical now do we. Something about boats and people and whatever floats, generally the more gaseous a substance, and full of air, the likelier it is to float, because chances are that if it hand any real content and substance then it would sink.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not bad video there. Short and sweet.

First, to all the folks dismissing sex magick: understand that this is not a recent invention of Western occultists and has nothing to do with standard sexual fetishism. Taoists and Buddhists and Hindus and Gnostics, etc. have all understood chi/prana, etc. is generated during sexual excitation. Being the sexual beings that we are, sexual stimulation is one of the easiest ways to generate a lot of chi. A lot of the Eastern techniques are about sperm retention and refining the raw sexual chi (jing). In fact, I believe it was Theodor Ruess, a practicing Tantrist, who (whom?) incorporated his knowledge of Yoga and Tantra with Memphis/Mizriam Rites giving birth to the OTO. Oh, he was also a spy for the Prussian police, according to the wikipedias.

I practice a combination of both Western OTO-style sex magick and Taoist techniques. It's real easy to dismiss things one knows nothing about, and I totally understand how wacky such concepts sound to the "uninitiated". Maybe read up on it and try it out first? Yet people believe in such nebulous concepts as Higgs Boson without question, but I digress...

When Crowley ("not Crowley as in foully but Crowley as in holy," - A. Crowley) heard of Parsons intent to create a moonchild he wrote to the Calif. Lodge of the OTO, "Apparently, Parsons and some people are attempting to create a moonchild. I fear the idiocy of these louts," or something like that. Couldn't find the exact quote.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they "ripped a hole into another dimension". Maybe they opened a portal to the realm of the grey-type beings? This seems more reasonable than attributing the entire modern UFO phenom to these "idiotic louts", since it seems fairly obvious to me that UFOs and alien-type encounters have been around for a long, long time. And there's that portrait of LAM of course...

I'd like to know more about possible govt. intel connections with OTO at that time. That connection seems to come up a lot and raises a lot of questions for me. Whether you're a true believer, skeptic or debunker, it's hard not to deny that Jack Parsons was a very interesting individual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join