It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dr. David Lewis Anderson and time travel.

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is an interesting video on time travel. This guy seems to know what he is talking about... Does anybody know about him?





posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant
 


Can you explain a bit more about what he is talking about? Thanks. Not everyone looks at all the videos or even clicks on most links (me), but I'd like to hear your take on why this vid is interesting. Appreciated. (by the way, I'm from the future, and all of us here know that this is a historic thread, and I'm honored to be commenting on it, as I knew I would).

EDIT: Proud to give the thead its first of well over 1,000 flags (if I told you how many it eventually gets you'd have a swelled ego, which is okay but you have to wait a few months for that thing that's going to happen, which you will like), but because of this edit, I knew I would. Cool nonetheless.


edit on 26-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant
 


Here's his website: Anderson Institute for Time Travel


In addition to leading-edge development research and development activities a key goal of the Institute is to actively support education initiatives. The Institute promotes and supports the ongoing collection, correlation, communication and development of scientific information and theories on time control and time travel.



posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I havnt watched your video, but remembered that there was a thread (or multiple) on this guy in the past.
Here is one that I remember:
ATS Thread



posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I believe that if you go back in ime, you go back in a multiverse version of your past - this is the only way to resolve the time paradox. Thus you travel not only backward in time, but sideways in universes. There can be double of you without crashing the whole universe.


edit on 27-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

This is correct. There is something called the Novikov self-consistency principle. The theory in its simplest form states that the probability of creating an event that gives rise to a paradox is always zero. However, in Everett's many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics (the one that I subscribe to), every probability event splits the universe. For example, let's say you've heated up matter so much that you have quark plasma. You select an individual quark and measure its charge. There is a 33% chance that it'll be a down quark and have a -⅓ charge, and a 67% chance that it'll be an up quark and have a +⅔ charge. According to Everett's theory, your measurement causes the superposition state (it is both simultaneously) to decohere. When this happens, the world splits into three parallel universes. In two of them, the quark is up and has a +⅔ charge, and in one of them, it's down and has a -⅓ charge.

You can extend this to systems of larger numbers of particles which simultaneously all exist in superposition when not being measured. Trillions of trillions of trillions of point-like particles make up your 3-dimensional self, and each has a probability distribution of being in one of a set of given states. Depending on which state occurs, your future is changed and you go down a different road. This is always happening, all the time, and so parallel universes are essentially created at a virtually infinite rate. There is probably a limit, as quantum physics tells us that even time should be quantized, and so whatever that quantization is would be the rate at which splitting happens, assuming staggering is impossible.

If you were to travel back to your past, you change that past simply by being there. The air will flow around you differently, and perhaps that might cause a butterfly to change course by 0.1 degrees, thus preventing a little girl 20 miles away from catching it. That little girl's future is altered, and the whole thing amplifies. The longer it goes on, the greater the ripple effect is. This phenomenon is called the Butterfly Effect, where the name implies that even a single flap of a butterfly's wings is enough to alter the entire universe, if only slightly, and change the path. Wait long enough, and this will become disturbingly obvious.

Of course, by being there, you are guaranteed by the Butterfly Effect to modify the whole world, which includes the past version of you. This may only be a slight modification, but it is beyond one unit of quantization. As such, you would most probably not travel back in time to the same point from the same point in exactly the same space at exactly the same time using exactly the same machine made of exactly the same atoms. It would be a little different. And then a different you would go back, and it would happen again, and again, and again. The cycle would be infinite and ripple into massive changes.

However, we know that doesn't happen, because some particles time-travel slightly. Even though they do this, they don't forever alter our futures. There is a simple solution - any time traveler can't be from our universe - he must be from a parallel one, or else this iteration of us wouldn't exist.



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SupernaturalScientist

So somewhere in another parallel universe you told people you were a vampire and perhaps another an alien depending on the set of given states?



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: SupernaturalScientist

So somewhere in another parallel universe you told people you were a vampire and perhaps another an alien depending on the set of given states?


I see that this site is going to be great fun!



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit


What is this?



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SupernaturalScientist

Dunno if it's real, but it looks like the one from the movie. It was a good movie. Can't recall the name.



posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
a reply to: SupernaturalScientist

Dunno if it's real, but it looks like the one from the movie. It was a good movie. Can't recall the name.

Safety Not Guaranteed starring Aubrey Plaza and Jake Johnson.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join