It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich hating welfare claimants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

That is blatantly untrue.

It's my perception and my interpretation by knowing and working around both the wealthy at times, and right down to the homeless in Occupy. Seeing both ends of this? BOTH sides are turned toward each other, filled with hate and blame to throw, and told to have at it.

Now my interpretation may well differ from your interpretation of events...but truth isn't a term that works in opinions and perceptions. Neither of us can be "wrong" or "right" on this particular point...just strongly opinionated.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

LUXUS

BritofTexas
The workers at Walmart were not having a food drive for their colleagues because hard work is for "chumps and suckers".

There may be a reason why they are in that job, go in there and ask them for a product or some advice and you will find them as useful as talking to a cat!

Are you seriously trying to claim that some people are to stupid to be paid a living wage?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Now my interpretation may well differ from your interpretation of events...but truth isn't a term that works in opinions and perceptions. Neither of us can be "wrong" or "right" on this particular point...just strongly opinionated.

Never let it be said that either of us are not strongly opinionated.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Now that, we can agree on!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And yet, the wealthy are the people responsible for sucking the system dry.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Really? That isn't how they see it..and that's the point. Either side has valid issues, if the point is to find reasons to divide ourselves from each other and declare some Americans more American than others in how we'd choose to view them or associate with them.

For the record..the thinking for the other direction is fairly simple. No SINGLE poor person sucks the system dry. In fact, the poor aren't even the actual issue (tho they get blame)...just the proximate cause and festering symbol. The sheer SCALE of new poor people produced by very poor economic policy and national performance in the last 10 years has insured the scale of benefits being handed out, sans any decent plan to correct this situation? Well...That is sucking the system dry. It's destroying us by PURE math. When those paying the taxes are equaled or outnumbered by those benefiting from those taxes, the system in question collapses by sheer numbers and the dynamics that creates. No way around it...no waivers to issue for math and no mulligans to get when it happens.

In reality...Poor people and Rich people aren't the problem...either way, IMO. The Rich screw the system because Congress gave them thousands of pages of loopholes to do it with. Are they evil to follow the law....or is it the people who wrote the law they follow? The poor screw the system by sucking benefits from a pool that has less and less to give. Are the poor evil...or are they as much victims as anyone, at this point, by the system designed to put them down and then, by all measures, KEEP them down?

Look East...Look to Washington... All roads lead there, from the right and left, rich and poor alike. All roads end there.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Rich screw the system because Congress gave them thousands of pages of loopholes to do it with. Are they evil to follow the law....or is it the people who wrote the law they follow?
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Please don't forget the lobbyist who write the laws full of loopholes that are passed by our congress, as they certainly deserve a share of the blame.

edit on 25-2-2014 by AlaskanDad because: oops left out the don't behind Please (morning I need more coffee)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm going to catch heat for this post, but I think much of the problem stems from what people consider basic needs anymore.

Back when, you needed a roof over your head, 3 hots and a cot.

Now? You "need" cable/satellite tv, internet, a computer, cell phone, flat screen tv, etc. . .

Those "needs" cost money. Many can't afford it. Thus we have a whole new spectrum to consider.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Lobbyists.. Yes.. We absolutely must not forget them. What do corporate people and politicians both do when they can't hack it in their real jobs anymore (and that's saying something, in itself) They go be lobbyists!

All roads lead and end in Washington..Indeed. K Street included.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

BritofTexas

LUXUS

BritofTexas
The workers at Walmart were not having a food drive for their colleagues because hard work is for "chumps and suckers".

There may be a reason why they are in that job, go in there and ask them for a product or some advice and you will find them as useful as talking to a cat!

Are you seriously trying to claim that some people are to stupid to be paid a living wage?

Generally speaking you get paid what your worth and how difficult a company thinks it would be to replace you.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by LUXUS

I see you didn't mention the rich who get their accountants to find ways for these people to avoid paying their fair share of taxation.
The rich abuse the system just as much as the poor do.

Please don't lecture us on "it's all the fault of the poor"

edit on 25-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

Especially not when the banks are destroying the middle class in an inflation feeding to the top rich people. And I mean the people who are wise enough to not be seen as the riches in the world. Bill Gates is small fry compared to the really big hitters. The whole bank system and so called stock market is one giant Ponzi Scheme where the big feed on the small.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

WonderBoi

And keeping the country afloat which is a paradox, therefore only one can be true

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Maybe it's because rich people brainwash people, pay unfair wages, buy our politicians, and in general act like Nazis. Not all rich people, just most of them.

Maybe it's because some people are getting shot before they graduate high school all because some rich guy wanted more money. Does your daughter really need to have a rapper come out on a yacht for her birthday party? Do you really need a 10 million dollar house? People are starving and getting shot.

And then you have the issue of having been brainwashed in to materialism and consumerism.

People have had their free will subverted.

You ever work in a factory for 8 dollars an hour?

"No I haven't because blah blah blah..."

Not the point, rich guy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The idea that people on welfare are the poorest people is wrong, they get enough money through subletting their partners state provided flat, scamming, and some work cash in hand jobs.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

LUXUS

WonderBoi

And keeping the country afloat which is a paradox, therefore only one can be true

Rich people are not keeping the country afloat. There is a system of control. Those who control the system are keeping their own system afloat.

But who cares, nothing will change anyways. Might as well get back to being treated like a b1t(h for a tiny check so I can take some scraps home to my family.

Wow, I would hate to be one of those who try EXTRA hard just so they can perpetuate a system that resembles Metropolis, factory workers working 80 hour weeks and still barely able to provide and living check to check, always on the edge of having to move to the city.

Rich people really did a number on the cities. Create a system where the most viable option is crime and get paid for every person incarcerated. Even bring the drugs in.

Why do rich people call poor people are lazy and stupid when poor people work the hardest, work the most hours, and are required for a functioning economy?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Who cares? Food stamps don't even contribute to the national debt in any considerable amount. You are right, the POOREST don't get welfare because they are normally felons.

In truth, welfare is just another wage subsidy. Nothing has been adjusted for inflation. Working class families have to have two people working just to get by.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

That is blatantly untrue.

It's my perception and my interpretation by knowing and working around both the wealthy at times, and right down to the homeless in Occupy. Seeing both ends of this? BOTH sides are turned toward each other, filled with hate and blame to throw, and told to have at it.

And told to have it.

The best way to fight the system of control is to promote individual thought and free will. No need to march, because that will just be used against you in the end anyways.

What is interesting is that the ruling class instigated both OWS and the Tea Party. Thesis/Anti-thesis/Synthesis.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I don't know who your talking about working 80 hours a week but it don't include those on welfare because they don't get out of bed till 1 in the day!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I don't know who your talking about working 80 hours a week but it don't include those on welfare because they don't get out of bed till 1 in the day!

I have been on welfare while working 60-80 hours a week, rich guy. You don't know anyone who has?

I just recently got off of welfare and am going back on welfare soon because rich people utilize game theory to keep wages as low as 8 an hour doing factory work.

Plus my old boss always came around spitting on peoples faces (literally) because some rich guy chewed him out and threatened his job because "production was too low." I would rather lose my job than put up with that stuff. And I did.

Got a problem with people on welfare?

You ever fight OS? How many times were you shot at growing up? Ever been stabbed or hit with a chain? Do you deal with PTSD and depression? Do you have to work for rich people who brainwash their workers after going through a bunch of BS caused by said rich people while you were growing up?

Those are the people I have been around who are on welfare and/or grew up on it. Stop judging people and learn to chill.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

BritofTexas

LUXUS

BritofTexas

Ya, cause there are a lot of good paying jobs to go around in this current economy. I'm sure there are no people with masters, engineering degrees, etc. working in substandard jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join