It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich hating welfare claimants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
From my experience most people who have been on welfare for a long time come complete with a pre recorded message about how they have been trying to find work.

The pre recorded message is activated by saying "so what have you being doing to find work" what follows is a pre recorded message none of which is true which is reflected in the eyes as they effortlessly read the message off from memory.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Who cares? When they do work they are treated badly, make bad money, and are oftentimes humiliated and/or literally spit on. On top of constantly brainwashed (or at least an attempt is made to brainwash them).

Let them get their little 300-500 a month. It doesn't hurt anyone and does not contribute to the national debt in any considerable amount.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

UnBreakable

BritofTexas

LUXUS

BritofTexas
The workers at Walmart were not having a food drive for their colleagues because hard work is for "chumps and suckers".

There may be a reason why they are in that job, go in there and ask them for a product or some advice and you will find them as useful as talking to a cat!

Are you seriously trying to claim that some people are to stupid to be paid a living wage?

Ya, cause there are a lot of good paying jobs to go around in this current economy. I'm sure there are no people with masters, engineering degrees, etc. working in substandard jobs.

Don't work off of the fallacy that there is ANYONE who is too stupid to be paid a living wage. That person does not exist. Working full time, anywhere, deserves a living wage. Otherwise the wage will be subsidized through either welfare or crime. Take your pick.

Plenty of money to go around. The slice of the pie the working class gets has been getting smaller and smaller since right after WWII and the economic boom that went along with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

LUXUS
Generally speaking you get paid what your worth and how difficult a company thinks it would be to replace you.

Great. In that case.

As someone who sits around watching daytime TV and complaining about it, what, generally speaking, do you believe an hour of your time is worth?

And how difficult do you think it would be to replace you?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

The whole concept is flawed. The corporation is treated as a single person with a goal (to make shareholders rich) but the workers will be fired if they try to unionize. That leaves workers at a disadvantage. They will always be payed less than they are worth (collectively speaking). To make matters worse, the big unions are mostly corrupt and are also working, somewhat, to the disadvantage of the workers (objectively, but still not relatively).

Large masses of low level workers are needed for the economy to function. Pay them the cost of living because it is the right thing to do, it would stimulate the economy, and it is affordable. The only thing you sacrifice is a small amount of control.
edit on 25-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

The whole concept is flawed. The corporation is treated as a single person with a goal (to make shareholders rich) but the workers will be fired if they try to unionize. That leaves workers at a disadvantage. They will always be payed less than they are worth (collectively speaking). To make matters worse, the big unions are mostly corrupt and are also working, somewhat, to the disadvantage of the workers (objectively, but still not relatively).

Large masses of low level workers are needed for the economy to function. Pay them the cost of living because it is the right thing to do, it would stimulate the economy, and it is affordable. The only thing you sacrifice is a small amount of control.

From your posts it is very obvious you have never ran a business, nor do you have much sense in terms of economics. You rely on emotional buzz phrases like "its the right thing to do" or "they deserve it" blah blah blah. Emotion has no place in public policy in any form, economics being chief among them.

There is a large number of people who yes, are too stupid to deserve anything more than minimum wage. They are paid what they are worth to a company, and if they are worth the minimum, thats what they get paid. If they want more money, it is up to them to obtain the skills and education necessary to make themselves more valuable.

You actually think "letting them have their $300-500 a month wont harm anyone". Multiply that by a few million people and it most certainly does matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

BritofTexas

Are you seriously trying to claim that some people are to stupid to be paid a living wage?

I'll say it.

Absolutely! There are a large number of people who are too stupid to be paid anything more than a few bucks an hour.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

BritofTexas

LUXUS
Generally speaking you get paid what your worth and how difficult a company thinks it would be to replace you.

Great. In that case.

As someone who sits around watching daytime TV and complaining about it, what, generally speaking, do you believe an hour of your time is worth?

And how difficult do you think it would be to replace you?

It wasn't on daytime but night and I am self employed so I could never bring myself to sack myself, my business would suffer too much

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

LUXUS

It wasn't on daytime but night and I am self employed so I could never bring myself to sack myself, my business would suffer too much

You should write yourself up and give yourself a stern talking to.

Wag your finger in your face so you know you're serious

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

you forgot healthcare! to me a need is anything that the gov't makes an effort and taxes us to give to the "poor"
so well
food
shelter
medical care
transportation of some type since if that poor person gets a job it will come with additional money for them to use to get to and from work
decent clothing
a bare bones phone service
childcare if needed for work
unfortunately the amount of money it takes to provide these things for oneself and family is taking more and more out of the paychecks of many people..
I got news for you
with both me and my husband working we didn't have many of those nice extras and well couldn't afford the healthcare costs!
once I quit my job because I got tired of falling down at work well we gave up a few more including the second car. from then on if I wanted to go anywhere..like looking for a job well it was walking 7 miles into town and then wandering around placing applications in places. I did this till the ankle finally broke and well you I am pretty sure know the rest of the story

part of the aminousity towards the poor coming from the middle class could very well be coming from the fact that we are getting tired of pitching in and providing three meals a day to them when we are eating only every other day, helping them obtain medical care when we are sick or hurt hurting like hades and being told to tough it out and give up more! heck we already have less than what our taxes are providing to the poor! oh and then there's the great one!! "we aren't paying taxes"...lol. I am gonna try that one on uncle sam next year when he comes wanting the money we owe as a penalty because we can't afford the insurance and continue eating!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

then they are disabled?? In my opinion any full time job that requires a living breathing person to do the job deserves a wage that will keep them living and breathing.
Even the slave owners were deemed to be responsible for feeding sheltering and clothing their slaves!

I wish they would do away with welfare that way the employers would have to make a choice either pay their employees more money or put up with sick homeless hungry workers doing really bad work at their jobs!

edit on 25-2-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

What really deep surprise your post was. Your answer describes EXACTLY what the British aristocracy and landed gentry are. Born into privilege, demand god given justification for their inherited wealth, idle, do not look for work, sponge off the state, sell their country house to the national trust to pay for the renovations and regular servicing yet still demand to live there. Don't start me on the royalty, in todays papers it's been reported of the hundreds of thousands of pounds they are collecting through the benefit system payed for their tenants yet pocketed by the landlords(royalty).

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I work hard I work long hours I go for the summer months I am lucky to see my kids for 10 minutes before they go to bed.

Where is the fairness in any of this someone who watches youtube vidoes all day at work and make 350 thousand a year
I do road construction and lucky if I make 70 a year . How is some one able to make 10 million a year as a bank ceo I doubt he is working on his 17 day strait of 12 to 16 hours days .

I don't like sitting in an office I don't want to wear a suit all day I want to work and get dirty I love my job and what I do, but people like me seem to be penalized because we choose to do construction and are looked down upon because we never got a proper education . so if everyone had a proper education who the hell is gonna pave your road , build offices to employ the all those who like to wear suits to work who is gonna build your house, make your car, grow your food who is gonna maintain all the luxuries in life .

Bill gates or j.p morgan ya I am sure they are the first one to help out a neighbors with helping with a garage build , Or to be there to offer to boost your car on a cold morning , no the rich have an attitude of better than you , and I hate that attitude i really do . I also hate the attitude of those that are lazy and no not want to work and rather make nothing and contribute nothing .

Make one really wonder how many just gave up whats the point , slave for what ... to barely scrap by and watch your life pass by trying to chase a pipe dream of making it rich and successful. for me rich and success isn't about money and title it is about a good relationship with my family enjoying what I do with my life .

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

No..Not only are their items, rent, childcare, healthcare, dental care, groceries, gas cards, bus cards, and cell phones (internet is next) paid for by tax payers, but they receive huge tax refunds each year.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I agree. I'm an office rat in a cube all day for the past 30 years. Pays well, but I still say the best job I ever had was a landscaping job when I was younger. Pay was good enough to get by but being outside, moving, all day was a lot better than sitting in front of a monitor. If this country ever decides to improve the century year old infrastructure of bridges, railroads, etc. it would provide millions of jobs. Instead we spent trillions between Iraq and Afghanistan building their infrastructure, as well as new schools and the like instead of investing right here at home. In a few decades we'll have an infrastructure like a third world nation. That's on purpose to fit the NWO agenda.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

doubletap

FreeWillAnomaly

From your posts it is very obvious you have never ran a business, nor do you have much sense in terms of economics. You rely on emotional buzz phrases like "its the right thing to do" or "they deserve it" blah blah blah. Emotion has no place in public policy in any form, economics being chief among them.

There is a large number of people who yes, are too stupid to deserve anything more than minimum wage. They are paid what they are worth to a company, and if they are worth the minimum, thats what they get paid. If they want more money, it is up to them to obtain the skills and education necessary to make themselves more valuable.

You actually think "letting them have their $300-500 a month wont harm anyone". Multiply that by a few million people and it most certainly does matter.

Emotional buzz phrases like "it's the right thing to do" and "they deserve it?" Seriously? Put the stem down. There is no emotion involved in that. If it is the right thing to do, they deserve it, and it stimulates the economy (all 3 have proven to be true, including the last part), there is no emotion involved. Just logic.

"There is a large number of people who are too stupid do deserve anything more than minimum wage?"

So if they can't provide for their family is it OK if they doubletap your . and take your money? Happens every year to more people than someone like you can count, and your math skills are not that great so I will give you that.

If you look at the national debt and the amount caused by welfare:

Debt incurred from national spending:

504.5 billion - total including all forms of welfare to the total debt incurred from spending of

21,189.5 billion

And the debt is in the trillions. 10 years of welfare doesn't even really contribute to the total of the national debt especially with the spending in that 10 years. Plus that money goes back into the economy.

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

Total national debt is around 20 trillion: www.washingtontimes.com...

Welfare provides human resources and helps abate the crime rate. It is a wage subsidy. It would not be required if people like you didn't act like poor people are just too stupid to make enough to provide and you need more money.

Not only would paying a living wage stimulate the economy, but it would reduce the murder rate, rate of drug use, and number of prisoners. Interesting how the murder rate, drug use, and the number of prisoners are bad for poor people and good for rich people who get paid off of all 3 either directly or indirectly.

The real reason rich people want to take away welfare is because it makes people more controllable, would reduce the population, and it wouldn't be their kids getting shot in the . before they graduate.

"I can tell you have never run a business." - Argument from position of authority - a logical fallacy (as in does not exist). Your statement is indicative of deception. You don't even know if I have, and I won't say whether or not I have because it is not relevant.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Maybe if you weren't so lazy and stupid you would be able to see your kids. Should we take from others to give to you? You are paid what you are worth, and you will work as much as you are told to. Stop complaining about your situation. You made the choices that put you there.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

doubletap

You should write yourself up and give yourself a stern talking to.

Wag your finger in your face so you know you're serious

One day it was very close but I picked up courage, I walked right up to him and looked him square in the eyes and said, listen and you listen good, if he goes I go! You should have see his face, he practically begged me to stay

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

doubletap

BritofTexas

I'll say it.

Absolutely! There are a large number of people who are too stupid to be paid anything more than a few bucks an hour.

But they are not too stupid to rob you or sell dope to your kid or your kid's friends who are flooding a suburban high school near you with dope. Maybe you should just pay them a fair wage so they can provide for their families.

What you are saying is that you will take advantage of them because you can. Well, don't be surprised when it comes back around.

A. "There is a large number of people who are too stupid to be paid anything more than a few bucks an hour."

B. "There are a large number of people who are too stupid to be paid anything more than a few bucks an hour."

Is the answer A or B?

You are too stupid to post on ATS for more than a few bucks an hour, so I don't expect you to get it right. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

ETA: You are what is wrong with this country.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

Maybe if you weren't so lazy and stupid you would be able to see your kids. Should we take from others to give to you? You are paid what you are worth, and you will work as much as you are told to. Stop complaining about your situation. You made the choices that put you there.

This has been one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on ATS. you should be ashamed of yourself! Did you even read his post?
I am still holding out hope that it was sarcasm and I just missed it.

The Man clearly stated that he is a hard worker. Nothing in his post indicated that he was lazy, just the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join