It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich hating welfare claimants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I was watching a chat show a few weeks ago and I found the attitude of the audience so ugly and repulsive I had to change the channel. Essentially the show was about healthy people who chose not to work but to live on welfare most their life. The audience had a majority of these people but there were a few people who were successful in life giving advice. Essentially what you had was the welfare claimants snarling and foaming at the mouth like dogs infected with rabies at the richer people. It was clear from listening to them that they absolutely hated anyone who had been successful in life which I have to say made me very angry.

How has the world become like this that the majority of people would prefer to see others doing bad then good, that those who chose to work hard are hated by those who chose to sit on their ass. Is it not a show of bad character? and if the majority of people feel this way is it not proof of social decline.

What you have then is large numbers of people who think the wealth should be spread out so that they can enjoy the things the richer people do but without having to work for it, are these people serious!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The world didn't suddenly "become like this". This has always been an issue. In the past most people had the good judgement to keep it to themselves I think. Not ALL lower class hate those who have done well of course, but there are many that do. Jealousy is usually at the heart of it IMO.

The "Spread the Wealth" crowd has grown tremendously in the last few decades , while the economy was doing well enough that the majority of parents didn't have to make their children work to help the household (as in farming). Folks could give their children more things as well. This morphed into an attitude that they should be able to have things without working for them EVEN after they left their parent's home. Then you had the families that were able to get on welfare and live that way... which also displayed to their children that they should be taken care of at all times by people other than themselves (Read Nanny State here).

The amount of those children added up. Now the majority of them have grown old enough to have a voice strong enough to bemoan the lot they are "given" in life and a work ethic weak enough to not feel any shame in taking what others have worked hard for.

That's my view on it at any rate. YMMV of course. And yes.... those people are dead serious. They don't bat an eye at the prospect of having anyone take care of them from "Cradle To Grave".

S&F Because it is indeed, outrageous.
edit on 2/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Upper Class Getting the Middle Class to hate and blame all the worlds ills on the Poorer class..
Mission Accomplished OP.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have had personal experience with this so I guess I should know that yes they are dead serious. I once rented the second floor of my house to help pay with mortgage payments. The guy was on welfare and it was the government who was paying his rent and income support however they were paying rent direct to him and not me. Three months into the contract he stopped paying rent and told me he was not going to pay rent to live in my house. I asked him why, is there a problem with his accommodation etc he just refused to discuss it and said do what you have to do. I said to the guy so let me get this right you want to live in my house for nothing and your getting paid rent but you have decided for some reason I don't deserve it! In the end I had to take him to court which took 4 months and found out he had done this several times, also found out he had never worked his entire life!

seriously these people make me sick

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

But you were perfectly happy to take the peoples hard earned Tax money to pay your mortgage when it suited you?.. Pot-Kettle anyone..

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Upper Class Getting the Middle Class to hate and blame all the worlds ills on the Poorer class..
Mission Accomplished OP.

Strange, I have been personally observing the exact opposite. I'm seeing a new fad whereby the
Liberal Progressive Class is blaming all the world's ills on the wealthy.
Hating the rich is high on the liberal to-do list these days.
But I don't see Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and Oprah holding people down and causing people to be poor.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
reply to post by LUXUS

But you were perfectly happy to take the peoples hard earned Tax money to pay your mortgage when it suited you?.. Pot-Kettle anyone..

So, by your logic, he should have just let the guy live there rent free? Should he have provided him free meals too?

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Do you really believe that the show you watched was representative and not just sensationalist TV?

We have programs about.....

Toddlers caked in make-up in "Pageants".
Women who are famous for a big arse and a Sextape.
Bearded bigots who invented a Duck Whistle.
Teenage girls who are Pregnant.
DNA tests to find the "Baby Daddy"
The list goes on, and on, and on....

Turn off Daytime TV before you brain leaks out of your ears.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Have you ever heard the expression "Misery loves company"? It's not a particularly new expression either.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I never said anything about letting the guy live there rent free or providing meals...

Some people like to have a go at people on welfare, but on the other hand he was quite prepared to benefit most from the welfare system because it suited him...dont you see the irony of it.?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Do you really believe that the show you watched was representative and not just sensationalist TV?

You make a good point, but the OP has a valid complaint.
A friend of mine who owns a construction company has contracted with the government before to do refurb jobs on low-income housing. While helping him, I have personally witnessed the "lazy-welfare recipient" syndrome. Up close and personal. Firsthand. There is most definitely a class of people who behave as the OP suggested. They are lazy, selfish slobs who not only believe they are entitled to a free ride, they demand it. As if that's not enough, they will carelessly wreck the free stuff they get, then demand more.
They are not disabled. They are not looking for work. They are parasites.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I hate people on welfare.

they make the queue at the dole office take ages on thursday morning.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Point taken.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Mission Accomplished OP.

LOL! Isnt it true. The Middle class is the buffer for the upper class and really what makes the world go around.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
reply to post by ColeYounger

I never said anything about letting the guy live there rent free or providing meals...

Some people like to have a go at people on welfare, but on the other hand he was quite prepared to benefit most from the welfare system because it suited him...dont you see the irony of it.?

Yea I do. They are a certain class of "hunter/gatherer". LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with people receiving assistance as long as it is not a lifestyle. Meaning, if you are able bodied, healthy, and can work, then you have no business living on welfare forever. Welfare needs to be for the disabled, elderly, and those who fall into a situation of job loss, and immediate problems. It should not be for a 20 something year old girl with a hand full of children and no father around, while she collects child support, tanf, section 8, and snap.

I once lived in an apartment about six years back above a 40 year old woman who was playing the system for all she could. She was getting section 8, disability, snap, meals on wheels, another food distribution program that delivered boxes of food to her door step monthly, and another program that helped with clothing and personal supplies. She would also walk to the church a few blocks away and partake of the free meals.

She also had a caretaker come and pick her up in the morning, take her on errands and to the store, and in the evening, a different care taker would come and take her to a movie, book store, out to eat, or wherever she needed to go. The county paid for that.

One day, I happened to talk to my landlord who asked me if I had any problems with the woman below me and I said i didn't. He informed me that the last tenants complained of her being rude, and he went on to tell me she was mentally challenged and that the county took care of her. So I was under the impression that this woman had a lot of problems.

Later that summer, while I was outside, I bumped into her and she acted as normal as could be, did not appear to be challenged in any way shape or form. We had a long conversation and she stopped and said she had a box of food and wanted to give it to me. I turned it down and told her I didn't need it. And she laughed and said "You can get anything you want if you pretend to be 'retarded and crazy'. She told me about all of the 'free stuff' she was getting and that she had been doing it for 15 years.

Really blew my mind. No one can convince me now that people don't know how to play the system.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The government program people are mad at everyone and everything.

They hate each other (high crime in their neighborhoods), the "man" holds them down and they terrorize the same people that keep them alive - the rest of us that are taxed against our will. It would be nice if my tax money would go toward a sterilization program and not toward keeping the breeding of these pathetic lazy zombies going.

OP what show were you watching?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I see you didn't mention the rich who get their accountants to find ways for these people to avoid paying their fair share of taxation.
The rich abuse the system just as much as the poor do.

Please don't lecture us on "it's all the fault of the poor"

edit on 25-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There is a television show ( I really don't watch that much tv true lol) in Australia that takes the piss out of long term welfare persons and it is hilarious , gross , shocking ,funny and when telling some people about it and saying watch it , they can see certain people they know in the programme and will say yeah " that dazza and shazza are very much like so and so" .

I would like to get the dvd and send it to a friend overseas but I think they might not get the Aussie humour and they might be shocked by the swearing and gross stuff . I don't know if it's on ytube and wouldn't know how to bring it across .

It is a really good example on this thread 1%

Edit , it's called housos or houseos not sure of the spelling.
edit on 25-2-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't care how much money anyone has.

But I do sometimes care what kind of ideas someone has.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join