It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good grief! What in heavens name are you doing up at that hour?

Here... Have a tissue for the drool! *wafts tissues at you*

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Zzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz
Oh my, how embarrassing....*dabs chin with tissue*...
Thanks hunny! How are you today?
I'm always up early, lol...I like this time to myself, when I can coffee/smoke/ATS and no one needs me for anything!

jacy

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hiya Shemily!

Haha, Gordi, I love that term!

Morning Jaky-Sis and True! Hugs!

You wont believe the horrible creepy experience I had yesterday, it still hasn't really sunk in. I was down at Newport again after getting stuff done up here. Anyway I bought two new poetry books and decided to read one of them by the river before getting on the bus back home. This guy decides to walk right up close to the bench and stare at me when he was walking past so I just ignored him and went back to reading. Then he walked around the corner again and walked back the way he had came when I looked up. Five minutes later he was back and sat on the bench so I just stood up and walked off. You know when you can just sense that someone is dangerous?

About 50 yards on I looked back and he was just about to cross the road that I had crossed which wasn't really worrying because that is the quickest way to get to the town but then he turned up and stood in the same bus queue as me. There was another bus that goes a different way but crosses through Ponty so I calmly waited for the people to get on that bus and switched queues and got on the other at the last minute just before the doors shut. So that guy got out of the queue and started looking at the bus that I had got on.

All's well I thought and relaxed. Anyway, I switched over in the town halfway between the places because it was quicker to get home on that route. There was a girl on the bus that works at one of the supermarkets up here so I smiled at her and said hi, plus there was another woman on the other side that I knew so I said hi and all that to her and went and sat two seats from the back and carried on reading.

One stop this side of Ponty the driver pulls over and shouts up the bus "You only paid as far as Ponty, either pay the rest of the way or get off." So I'm looking at the guy sat two seats ahead and he's puffing up his chest getting all defensive and offended so I just think 'meh' and carry on reading. So the guy doesn't move and the driver shouts again. Someone from the back of the bus gets up and walks past me and it's the guy from the river. I nearly puked on my book. I looked at him on the pavement and he gave me the most evil stare I had ever seen.

I don't even know what to think. I'm evil right now, I'm not scared in anyway (I was yesterday). He was forced off the bus two miles before I got off so he doesn't know where I live but FRICK!

Why didn't he get off in Ponty if that's where he wanted to be? Why didn't he offer the driver to pay the whole way if that's where he was going? Am I reading too much into it? Am I paranoid? Was it just syncronicity? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

And breathe...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
@ Foss Thanks man I'll do very best

Jane you need to call 101 and get the police aware of what happened
if you give a description he may be known to them.
Just be safe Jane

Good day every one.
I trust all is well, I'm overly full of positive energy so feel free
to take what you need.

Cody

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good Day shedders!

Wow Tsu! That does sound quite hairy indeed. Is a taser or mace legal in the UK? If so, you might want to invest. Predators are everywhere, so it's good to show them you have teeth as well.

I hope your lot improves and that this was a one time thing. And I'm glad to see that you are aware of your surroundings, even while relaxing. Be careful.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Ah! Well as long as it is a matter of choice and not necessity, which saw you awaken with such immediacy, then all is well!

I like my peace, but I get mine late at night, when others in my home are utterly in slumber. Sometimes I wait until all are asleep, and then I go for a walk in the darkness, or go to the seafront and listen to the voice of the ocean and have a cigarette while thinking my thoughts. Sometimes I just stay at home and hit the boards for a while.

It is nice to feel as if people need one occasionally, but space and time are precious to me, in both the scientific and metaphorical sense!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Hey sis! *hugs*

Wow, that was a creepy story hun. I don't like the sounds of him AT ALL!
I don't want to freak you out, but be on the look-out for him when you're out again.
(I've been stalked in the past, so I'm a little sensitive to crap like this.)

If anything triggers my inner spidey senses these days, I put my keys in the palm of my hand and make a fist around them. Then I poke a key through, between each finger...like a home-made 'brass knuckles' idea. If anyone approaches me now, they're likely to lose an eye!

I'm glad you got home safely, but am really sorry he upset you.
I hope you NEVER see him again.

jaky

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hi Cody!

I'm thinking of emailing them so I can get my thoughts in order and list things exactly how the happened, times, routes and all that. There are a lot of camaras in that area and on the buses to so I'm sure there will be definite footage for them to go on.

Dawg, I'm thinking of getting a tazer if I can, mace would be OK I suppose but I'm going to try to get something more serious. As for my teeth I'd have introduced them to the arteries in his neck.

I'm more angry with myself than anything for thinking I was being clever and safe when he was there all the fricking time. I thought I had more wits about me than that. Back to the drawing board.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322
a reply to: cody599

I'm more angry with myself than anything for thinking I was being clever and safe when he was there all the fricking time. I thought I had more wits about me than that. Back to the drawing board.

Don't you dare be angry with yourself! That's blaming the 'victim'.
You were clever and safe. You got home fine, right?
You were aware of your surroundings....that's something to be proud of. You picked up on the fact that he was apparently watching/following you...which is really frightening!!
I think you did everything right.

Be careful whose arteries you bite though, lol...he could have diseases. Sharp pointy objects work just as well!

jaky

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If you can afford both, that would the route to go as both are one time use defensive weapons.. But I must clarify, I'm thinking of the pistol type tazer, not the hand held one. I always prefer a little stand-off distance, but the hand held one is good if you have a lanyard on it so it can't be easily taken away from you. (I used to teach combatives while in the service)

As a guy (who still considers himself to be rough and tumble...though I tumble a lot more slowly these days, LOL) I have been stalked as well. It's pretty creepy, and can fray the nerves a bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What happened Tsu? I must have missed the initial post!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Hugs!

There is another route here that is closer to my house but less frequent so I'll be going that way in future and avoiding going to the river alone.

I like the key idea. I normally have a pen with me that I can hold like a dagger in my pocket, not much the police can say about carrying pens.

Only part of me hopes I never see him again, the other side of me wants to put his family in mourning.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well, while we are discussing freaky things, I have to ask, is it wrong that you talking about wanting to stick a writing implement in the bastards eye makes me weak at the knees? Honestly, it's as if just when I thought you could not be any more awesome, you come out with that and prove me wrong!

In all seriousness though, do let the police know what happened. You might be willing to interrupt the normal flow of blood through his brain in a glorious proof of the pens might when compared with that of a sword, but for someone less prepared to do violence to a person in self defence, this nut bar could pose a risk to general public safety.

Watch your six, as they say!

*massive hugs*

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Only part of me hopes I never see him again, the other side of me wants to put his family in mourning.

hahahahaha....see? I love that about you!

I was once in a situation where I was about to 'fight' to protect myself.
"He" said, "I will have you charged." (even though he was the one talking about hurting me)
I replied, "You go right ahead...after you wake up in the hospital, you have me charged! I will happily go to jail, where it will be full of women who will consider me a hero for beating up the man who was abusing me."

Apparently he considered that I might just be right, hehe....because he backed down. But, at the time...I was ready for combat!!

jaky

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'm glad you are okay.
It's not safe for a woman to go out alone anymore.
(Especially at night.)

When I was little, in the 80s , my mom would let us ride around the block with our bikes and no one ever thought,that's too dangerous. Other neighbor kids played soccer on the street. (It was a quiet neighborhood.)

But today, it's a different story, sadly.

Your story read like a csi or criminal minds script. It must have been scary as hell.
Once again, be safe.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I agree with you completely.

The best thing she did was notice that someone was stalking her.
Getting away was the second best.

If this ever happens again, I'd contact the police.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

That's the worrying thing Jaky, it's only because of the busdriver calling him out that I knew he was there. I'm guessing getting in contact with my guardian angels recently might have more to do with it than anything.

People up here pretty much look after each other including drivers, it's a small knit community and pretty much after a certain time if you don't have an old age card or disability card they just wave you on and you get the whole trip free anyway. The driver didn't like that guy though. Maybe because he looked middle Eastern and out of place up here? Maybe because there were two children sat in front of him in the seats between us and he kept acting weird? Reading my book over the kids shoulders? I'm not sure. I'm not realy sure what narked the driver but he really wanted him off the bus.

Dawg,

I'm not sure if I could afford both Dawg, I'm not sure how much they cost yet or even where to get them from yet. I'm definitely going to look into it though.

When I first startd talking to gun owning Americans online in 2010 I had an idea that I wanted a replica glock (still do really) as a sort of defense but then I thought with this being Britain people might assume it's just a replica and I end up just provoking them. Same with knives, they could be taken from you and used against you. I'll definitely be shopping around though. The sooner I get tooled up properly the sooner I can go back to the river.

True, I'm not sure if it's wrong or not but if I ever see him again I will send you the footage.

I wouldn't stab him in the eye though, It would be an airway job.

I will definitely be emailing 101 later, I have a good idea that it could be one of those organisation type things. He was on his phone a lot so I got the impression that he was keeping someone up to date or something like that. When he came near the bench he was on his phone and said 'Blah blah Newport blah blah...' in a language that I couldn't identify. There was a big thing on the news last year about men like that from his part of the world approaching women\girls that looked vulnerable and dragging them back to their family. I have to get my thoughts in order though and be here for a bit first.

Massive hugs back.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Just remember that everything you can grab and swing is a weapon. Be it a rock, Pen, whatever, even your voice. Is there a woman's self defense course in your town? I know here in the States they have them often and are free.

I take a concealed carry class every three years just to stay up to date on laws and tactics. I haven't applied for the permit though...but just in case. And it's also a great time to get to know others.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

hahahahaha....see? I love that about you!

I was once in a situation where I was about to 'fight' to protect myself.
"He" said, "I will have you charged." (even though he was the one talking about hurting me)
I replied, "You go right ahead...after you wake up in the hospital, you have me charged! I will happily go to jail, where it will be full of women who will consider me a hero for beating up the man who was abusing me."

Apparently he considered that I might just be right, hehe....because he backed down. But, at the time...I was ready for combat!!

jaky

OMG Jaky-Sis! We really were separated at birth!

If there wasn't enough evidence before there is now!

Hi Rainbow!

I know what you mean. You have to be constantly on the look out. I was at the river about 2-2.30 in the afternoon and it was pretty busy. Not even daytime is safe anymore. The last few times I have been there I was around people I knew and no one bothered me.

I'll be spending this evening looking into Dawgs suggestions for suitable weapons.

It was pretty safe where I grew up too, sigh, not anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

True, I'm not sure if it's wrong or not but if I ever see him again I will send you the footage.

I wouldn't stab him in the eye though,it would be an airway job.

You know what? Thats pretty much the most awesome phrase I have ever seen used on this website. It also makes me want to ask you out for drinks sometime.

I will definitely be emailing 101 later, I have a good idea that it could be one of those organisation type things. He was on his phone a lot so I got the impression that he was keeping someone up to date or something like that. When he came near the bench he was on his phone and said 'Blah blah Newport blah blah...' in a language that I couldn't identify.

Well sod that for a game of soldiers.

There was a big thing on the news last year about men like that from his part of the world approaching women\girls that looked vulnerable and dragging them back to their family. I have to get my thoughts in order though and be here for a bit first.
Massive hugs back.

It might be wise to change up your routine a bit. If you go out, use different routes for your outbound and return journeys, and use different routes every day if you travel many times during a week. Its a bugger, but it will make you harder to track. Also, you might wish to arrange to "bump" into people you know on your routes around town. The reason I say that, is that persons with busy social calendars and many social contacts, are harder to abduct without detection, and are more rapidly noticed when absent. If you increase the frequency with which you are seen bumping into folk, then you may become a less tantalising target, if indeed the intention of the abductor were to be enslavement.

Also, while I understand your wish to go prepared to defend yourself, I would avoid describing any details of that here. Discussing it before the event on the internet may appear dodgy to a jury if you are charged with a violent offence after a potential act of self defence. I have heard weirder things from the courts system than internet chatter taken out of context being used as evidence against an innocent person.

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join