It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

It's supposed to be in the 70's here and sunny as well. I'll probably be complaining how it's to hot by the afternoon. The body hasn't had time to acclimate yet.

But I'll still enjoy it. Time to break the shorts out of storage! WooHoo!

LOL yeah!

We always joke here in Scotland, that we are naturally a sort of.... Pale Blue colour!
and that it takes us at least a week in the Sunshine to turn us white!

I have delayed my walk, because those nice winds have brought in a couple more showers!!

They say that if you don't like the weather in Scotland... just hang around for 5 minutes! (It's ALWAYS changin'!)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Gordi The Drummer
They say that if you don't like the weather in Scotland... just hang around for 5 minutes! (It's ALWAYS changin'!)

I have heard that saying virtually everywhere I have traveled.

But some places are more prone than others. The UK, Germany, Ohio and Wisconsin and Michigan come to mind. Wild extremes at times.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I feel pretty good. It has been a slow day at work though, and that is always taxing mentally. You have the staving off of boredom (with which I am ably assisted by my ATS family, for which I am of course, very grateful), and you also have the worry, especially when it is a family business. The security and safety of my people is dependant on our ability to operate this business efficiently, get customers in the door, and money in the till. When those things fail to happen on a given day, or with any regularity, it gets a little tense around here. Perfectly understandable of course, but when one is alone in the shop, as I am currently, it can seem pretty daunting.

So, lots of practice at maintaining positive mental attitude is the key lol!

And regarding that thing earlier with the pick up line thread... Thanks you guys! Your comments set me up in a fantastic mood for the rest of the day, and the evening ahead!

*GIANT HUGS* to everyone !

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sweetie, you are more than welcome! When I read what she wrote, I literally wanted the reach through the monitor and THROTTLE her! You don't mess with my friends. I have always been like that, since I was a little girl. I am "Defendor", hehe...can't fight your own nature.

Regarding the business, I do understand the stress. I've had friends with their own businesses. How to generate new business is always on their mind...how to stay afloat in a business, also.

It's already getting warm here today.

Dawg...I will shamefully admit that I actually had the air conditioning on in my car yesterday. I was over-dressed, and the sun was beating through the windshield...felt like I was melting, lol. It takes a while for me to get used to change.

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I like my coffee just like I like my women I date. With attitude and bitter.

For some reason I had you down as a married man!

I've put on my galoshes and said my bit in defence of True too......why the hell not?....It's not so much coming to his defence, as True is more than capable......it's the whole idea of chat up lines....yuuuuk!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Totally agree hun.
I always thought the guy giving me the stupid line, was a cocky...arrogant...player.
No, it didn't hurt when I fell from Heaven...it burned a little when I climbed outta Hell.

Tsk. I think that woman/girl is misunderstanding and intimidated by True's most excellent command of the English language.

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think that woman/girl is misunderstanding and intimidated by True's most excellent command of the English language.

Have you noticed how we Sheddies start adopting True's way of speaking when we have to engage anyone else on here in a debate? It's so refreshing!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hehe

The Farce is strong with us! I am glad that folk are enjoying the gift of language!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

angelchemuel

I think that woman/girl is misunderstanding and intimidated by True's most excellent command of the English language.

Have you noticed how we Sheddies start adopting True's way of speaking when we have to engage anyone else on here in a debate? It's so refreshing!

Rainbows
Jane

Hell yeah!

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You be careful with that phrase... I might just start sweating bullets!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sweating bullets??????

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

True...hahaha...can't say it or hear it without thinking of you now.

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by TDawgRex

I like my coffee just like I like my women I date. With attitude and bitter.

For some reason I had you down as a married man!

I have friends elsewhere all of a sudden shuddering in fear and have no idea why at that idea.

Unabashed bachelor here. But the fact that I am still a kid at heart and also suffer from financial retardation always scares them off after a while. That and that fact that I refuse to change. I'm stubborn like that.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think you had to be there to an extent! Jacy knows what I am talking about !

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Are you telling me that I have become an internet meme?

LOL!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No, not yet...just a jacy meme!

Jane...it's a reference to a song, the lead singer of Megadeath...his voice...their version of Black Sabbath's song 'Paranoid'...and what I picture when the singer says "hell yeah"....makes me think of someone who would look like True...when instead dude has red hair....confused yet?

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

There's a lesson for life... Jacy memes are of higher quality than internet memes

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
YAY!!
Managed to get my walking done BETWEEN the showers!!
Really WINDY!! WOW! That blew the cobwebs awaaaay!!!
Sun came out and everything!!! Honest!!! LOL

Here's some piccies... (well thumbs of piccies! Click to Enlarge!)

Sooo lucky that it's right on my doorstep!
Coffee Time now!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That scenery is lovely, even considering the massive propellers of the wind turbines! You lucky sod! I bet that walk was bracing for you!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

TrueBrit

That scenery is lovely, even considering the massive propellers of the wind turbines! You lucky sod! I bet that walk was bracing for you!

You should hear the WHOOOOSH!!! of the Turbine blades when you're right under them and it's blowy True!
The power of Nature bud!

new topics

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join