It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey man escapes 5 year sentence after dash cam footage clears him, indicts cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yep....but mostly we just watch them kick the crap out of us..........................

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

strongfp
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Annnnd this is why I have a dash cam.

I've never been pulled over for an offense, but I've been in a situation where someone slammed on their brakes infront of me and I slightly bumped into them. They got out flailing, and yelling at me. Once I mentioned there was a dash cam they shut right up and just settled with going our separate ways. And if I ever got pulled over or into a sticky situation like this It'll come in handy as well. It's a good insurance fraud and police idiocy deterrent.

does it record to a card in the car or to a remote location. if you record to a card in the car better see about getting one that records to a remote location.

cause, if after your ever arrested, and the cop searches your car and find the camera. you can bet your card will be gone. then if you say it was there, they say it wasn't whose word do you think the courts are gonna listen to.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

other cops actually come to stand as the deciding factor for seeing it turn out right.

haven't seen the vid...am I getting it right...other cops were there...standing...?

So only the dash cam cleared this man ?

What about those officers that were there...? Shouldn't thy have reported this...or testified for this man ?

Classic. This is how cover-ups work. Even those that know and may be innocent, won't expose those that are. Fear factor.

They were willing to throw this man under the truck (5 years)...and couldn't care less if he is innocent.

Makes me sick. There is no hope.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

What about those officers that were there...? Shouldn't thy have reported this...or testified for this man ?

This would be where the line gets fuzzy for some.

Some would consider these guys to be the good cops if they didn't join in on the beatdown.... they just didn't report it .... for fear of their own life or career. The thin blue line.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The thin blue line.

Yeah. I guess Jeter can be thankful they didn't join in...they silently resisted. But...in the end....I'm not really surprised...this whole shabang really is within expected human behavior patterns.

Sad thing is...it's a really nice demonstration how system really doesn't work. IA failed...the cops failed, their superiors failed. Epic system failure.

sigh.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Is it failure?

Or is it more like status quo?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I get what you're saying...

It's an overall failure of the system that is supposed to do differently...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

They were willing to throw this man under the truck (5 years)...and couldn't care less if he is innocent.

You have to understand they BELIEVED he was guilty...guilty of not obeying
their commands.

To power-tripping cops, when they tell you to shut up, or sit down, or give you any
inconsequential order and you don't comply you are disrespecting their ULTIMATE
authority and woe be unto you that do not obey the MASTER OF ALL.

Like I said before, this cop was irate because the driver refused, or didn't comply
with, the order to get out of the car. That cop was ready to kill him for not obeying.
That's why he used the words "Stop reaching for my gun," when the driver was
clearly NOT reaching for his gun.

If the cop thought he could have justified it and got the right angle on the camera
this innocent man would be dead.
edit on 24-2-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

As I understand, a third officer was charged with tampering with evidence. I don't see anything about what that tampering was in the news, but it's probably from making that dash cam video disappear.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I read about this the other day and figured I would see it on here before long. Society will ignore this as a whole though. I'm surprised that this even made it to the public to begin with. Anyway I think we (society as a whole) need to disarm our police and have them monitored at all times. Power corrupts and too many people let it go to their heads. I remember when a badge was something to be respected but the good guys are turning a blind eye to this sort of behavior making them just as guilty as the ones they should be holding accountable.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You know, in having lived a life of real diverse experience and most of that from seeking it out to pursue? I'd be lying to say some stages of life didn't have me contemplating things which may have ended in prison, had I chosen those paths. I'd made peace with that outcome too, in a couple examples I can think of. It would have been worth it...had other things not made the path something I'd never take anyway.

I cannot begin to imagine though, what it would be like to arrive in a prison for years....YEARS...of life, over something I know I absolutely did not do. Worse? I'd know, absolutely, the cops who made it happen ALSO knew I didn't do whatever it was they railed me up on.

I can say it would be real hard, and maybe outright impossible..not to go a little insane after years of sitting as a throw-away like that, wouldn't it? Bad enough even on a cheesy crime you actually DID do..but on something you 100% didn't? Madness...that's what I'd imagine lay down that path. Just madness.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I think one possible solution could be to make any charges null and void in traffic stop cases when the dash cam mysteriously fails or the tape goes missing.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can say it would be real hard, and maybe outright impossible..not to go a little insane after years of sitting as a throw-away like that, wouldn't it? Bad enough even on a cheesy crime you actually DID do..but on something you 100% didn't? Madness...that's what I'd imagine lay down that path. Just madness.

Yes, I would feel killing someone when I got out, I'm pretty sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

th3dudeabides

I think one possible solution could be to make any charges null and void in traffic stop cases when the dash cam mysteriously fails or the tape goes missing.

I could not agree more with this.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, I would feel killing someone when I got out, I'm pretty sure.

I'm 100% certain I would, your life is pretty much over after you're out anyways... there's no coming back and having a decent life after a felony conviction. Might as well go out getting revenge in that case and avoid the lifelong punishments that are attached.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join