It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama Wants Censors in Media Newrooms ASAP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

With most responses to date, I see that the slant of replies are off my desired goal. That the Obama administration is out to lower our rights across the board is a clear given (even if you are a progressive). I'm wondering if I put this into the wrong forum or if my basic message is lacking. My point is that Fukushima is being vastly underplayed at present and the dangers it presents to the US will grow. This situation goes far beyond the question of perceived rights into a direct question of the malfeasance of government. We have been getting from messages from government in the last couple of years about being prepared for something catastrophic to happen. That is not a sufficient response, nor are the attempts to restrain indicative info. Is that a reasonable approach?

Japan seems determined to let millions die lingering deaths rather than take the monumental task of relocation. For the US, in a worse case scenario, mass evacuations of the West Coast if not swaths across mid-states seem out of the question except for self-evacuations by personal choice. Those remaining by choice will be allowed to suffer to the extent of their injuries as currently done in Japan. You can believe that intense social studies are being done in all areas of this major event. Will, for example, conception be disallowed and abortions mandatory in those areas or those areas simply abandoned by government?

At this point, the UN and especially the US residing down wind, should be forcing Japan, almost by gun point if necessary, into all possible efforts to stop the releases. The fact that this international matter is being left almost entirely in the hands of Japan and TEPCO is striking. A moot Indicative that no efforts known or imagined by man will save a major part of the world in the short run and maybe none of it in the long run in decades and centuries to come.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by FirePiston

Their primary targets were not just the big network newsrooms, but the smaller, local news, newspapers, news talk radio, affiliates etc.

To make sure that people were getting ALL of the news and information they needed.

Of course, their intentions were all good, they wanted to help find better ways to inform the public.

edit on 22-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

I think Obama already put spies here too seeing how many threads are 404'd.

Firepiston
edit on 22-2-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think the entire thing is a red herring.

I think it's a psychological propaganda operation.

They put the idea of media "observation & research" out there on an "official" basis to make people think that media is not controlled when many know that it already is and has been for decades.

Then they give the appearance of backing off to re-affirm & instill the idea into the minds of the public that the media isn't controlled.

This whole thing is an operation to keep the public inside a comfort zone.

The control will continue as it has, and may get worse.

It's an illusion.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

the press is already rigged to perpetuate the false left / right paradigm. so, I don't think it really makes a difference from our perspective. most likely just infighting amongst the ruling corporate elite.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What newsrooms? There no such thing as news anymore they gave up the truth for profit so they became infotainment. Just ask Rupert Murdoch he sued for the ability to do just that and that is why Canada told him your "news" isn't welcome here. That's why the "news" isn't worth watching anymore.

Bring back the old style news where people told the truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And, um... when exactly was that?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You people sure know how to take something and make an entire new story out of it. The FCC was going to contract a company to do a study on how news rooms work. How they decide what stories they report on and how or if those stories are slanted to reflect the local demographics. Part of that survey was going ask repoters if they had ever had important stories squashed for political reasons or if they had been told to slant stories one way or the other. The media of course did not like this idea and objected so the survey has been delayed and they seem to removing the interview portion of it. So basicly they will get a tour and a meeting with news org heads but, no contact with the news teams. We all know certain news organizations like FOX and MSNBC slant their news to cater to a certain audience. This survey was suppose to find out just how far it was going. Now it looks like we will not get anything beyond a dog and pony show from the people who run the places. Conidering what the goal of this study was, one would think ATS would be all behind it but, of course this being ATS people just made # up and ran with it. Some things never change.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Something's been bugging me for awhile. First we have the government buying up huge amounts of ammo, then we have the government spying on everyone, then the IRS going after groups that disagree with obama, reid changing the senate rules limiting the filibuster, now we have the FCC wanting to put "observers" in the news rooms. This to me should be getting even the strongest obama supporter concerned. Now here's what's bugging me, why? Shouldn't the democrats be concerned that all this could be used against them when/if the Republicans take over? Or is there something else in the air and we won't have to worry about the pesky election coming up in 2016? Or am I reading too much into this?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Some "speculative" stories from years back.....

Why Were Government Propaganda Experts Working On News At CNN? 3/27/00

Reports in the Dutch newspaper Trouw (2/21/00, 2/25/00) and France's Intelligence Newsletter (2/17/00) have revealed that several officers from the US Army's 4th Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) Group at Ft. Bragg worked in the news division at CNN's Atlanta headquarters last year, starting in the final days of the Kosovo War.

Army 'psyops' at CNN

(March 03, 2000)

CNN employed active duty U.S. Army psychological operations personnel last year, WorldNetDaily has confirmed through several sources at Fort Bragg and elsewhere.
Maj. Thomas Collins, U.S. Information Service has confirmed that "psyops" (psychological operations) personnel, soldiers and officers, have worked in the CNN headquarters in Atlanta. The lend/lease exercise was part of an Army program called "Training With Industry." According to Collins, the soldiers and officers, "... worked as regular employees of CNN. Conceivably, they would have worked on stories during the Kosovo war. They helped in the production of news." ...

CNN has not thus far commented officially on the allegations. Megan Mahoney, a CNN spokeswoman recently said, "I don't believe that we would employ military personnel; it doesn't seem like something we would normally do." However, now that the U.S. Army Information Service has confirmed the news, Mahoney said she would have to contact CNN's senior officials.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
But, where are the republican lawmakers opposed to it. They're pretty silent. I don't think this is just an 'Obama' thing...it's another big government, both parties thing. We're being led to believe that conservatives and Republicans oppose it...but they don't really. That's the scam here. Don't drink the Koolaide, sheep.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Entertain this scenario,,,,

So, you like to spy on U.S.

You alter and twist The Media.

How About

We can Play that game as well.....Ready, here we go.

Sure enough, you do not like it one iota. You start to cry home to Mama after one day.

So the experiment proves :

You sure can dish it, but you can't man up and take it. S A V V Y ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join