Why Obama Wants Censors in Media Newrooms ASAP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why would Obama’s administration pull such a blatant, outrageous move? No doubt about it, it is a thinly veiled Orwellian move to put censors into every place where news stories are generated, not merely as “observers.” Clearly, that agenda would stifle the growing chorus of bad press about unpopular changes being wrought by his administration.

Is that all there is to it? Certainly, if we look out onto the near-future landscape of the US, we see that current political battles being waged give every appearance of growing in kind and intensity. To some of us that would be reason enough for his planners, true to their apparent course, to chance a wild leap forward into a true Big Brother future for America. But could there possibly be a deeper reason for such a desired act by government, a need beyond political ideologies and tactics I’ve insinuated above? A solid reason, a virtually rule, that any government will follow given a perceived threat to its stability if not existence?

The new movie about the horror of Pompeii is getting a lot of mention in the MSM. That was an actual event in history confined to one small bit of civilization yet will cause a lot of public commotion as the ancient scenes are brought forth in a vivid and violent dramatization as never before. There is a strong possibility that the movie it will become the linchpin to open the floodgates of public awareness the world over to the unfolding disaster of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

How many of you know that we currently are facing on a global scale a slow-motion, but invisible, version of that type of death and destruction? How many of you are—not just aware—but acquainted with the latest information from within here in the US that is daily starting to point in a dismal direction? How many of you know that the MSM in the US seems to pretend it remains a Japanese problem and not of a great concern to our continent that should be dwelled upon?

The Fukushima failure released and continues to release unchecked massive amounts of radiation that represent the worse kind of doom to ever face mankind short of an intense nuclear war. It is a slow death via multiple routes for much of the planet and lasting for hundreds of years into the future.

The Japanese have recently passed their own laws about revealing governmental secrets. Despite protests from a large segment of that population believing that the new law was intended to silence and control information about Fukushima, the law was passed. Undoubtedly, members of the government understood that they had no choice because, in truth, they were protecting the government and protecting the people from themselves.

After all, what purpose would be served if the whole of the Japanese citizenry (or any citizenry) actually knew its fate when absolutely nothing of substance could alter the process? Government and science were helpless to remedy the situation. Keeping the public ignorant would be the only strategy to impose and easily accomplished by new laws.

In the US, we can surmise that Obama’s attempt to put on-site censors in newsrooms at this point in time is a timely if outrageous attempt to tightly control what the American public is allowed to know and think about their world and personal situation. Explicitly stated, the new rules he would impose are a direct result of governmental actions designed to hide from the American public the continuing effects of Fukushima radiation upon major parts of our country. We can best explain this most recent and hasty action with the words of Rahn Emanuel as he eloquently stated about the methods of the Obama government: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Similar to that of a dictator. Doesn't like to be questioned or insulted.

"This is what you say, when you say it, and how you say it".

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is for Hillary....

Barry is phoning in these last couple of years.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No need to be too complex. Simply it was an attempt to intimidate, just having government observers there alone would have accomplished that.

But, for now it seems that exposing the plan was enough for them to back away from it.

www.fcc.gov...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Phoning in and still signing executive orders... The all mighty pen and signature!

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The almighty VOICE.

Insert evil laughs here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hell, I volunteer to be a observer! Sounds like a cush job.

And when my bosses asked me why I didn't squash this or that story, I could honestly reply that I was observing. Nothing more, nothing less, just as the job title implies.

But what I think they want is a media commissar. That I wouldn't do.

Doesn't this Admin already have enough of the MSM in their pocket anyways? Seems to me that they're getting even more greedy.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Explicitly stated, the new rules he would impose are a direct result of governmental actions designed to hide from the American public the continuing effects of Fukushima radiation upon major parts of our country.
reply to post by Aliensun

The only correction I would make here is that this is not so much about hiding the effects of Fukushima, as it is about censoring ANYTHING the government does not want us to know.

This trend towards more and more secrecy is truely alarming...or should be. The trend of the executive branch seizing power never intended for it to have should be frightening....they now OPENLY debate killing Americans via drone strike WITHOUT due process guaranteed by the Constitution. Obama has already ordered the deaths of 4 Americans. We are under constant, total surveillance. They will soon be tracking our licence plates EVERYWHERE we go. It just goes on and on.....

If you add all this up we are quickly devolving into a totalitarian police state. A prison America if you will. The sad things is that most...just don't see the totality, the worldwide push toward this totalitarian nightmare. It is happening everywhere. We allow our politicians and civil servants to break the law with impunity.

Bottom line.....we need to all get off our duffs and get out there are do something....and quick. If we don't we will be living in 1984 before we know it. I'd say we're already there. Time to wake up folks and go at this with a real sense of urgency.....time is running out.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Doesn't this Admin already have enough of the MSM in their pocket anyways? Seems to me that they're getting even more greedy.
reply to post by TDawgRex

It will never be enough for them until they control our every waking second, from cradle to grave. All part of the doctrine of Full Spectrum Dominance adopted by the US Military.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Bottom line.....we need to all get off our duffs and get out there are do something....and quick. If we don't we will be living in 1984 before we know it. I'd say we're already there. Time to wake up folks and go at this with a real sense of urgency.....time is running out.

May as well stay on your "duffs", remain oblivious and entertained. You've been living in a twisted version of 1984 since 2002.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
after this all internet news social media and blogs will be monitored and filtered.
mark my words, and don't say it can't be done.
edit on 22-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The real story here should be that the attempt to do this exposes the level of desperation in the current administration, they are afraid of the truth, they are afraid of a free press that can deliver the unfiltered truth to the people. They desperately want to control the narrative and spin on news and events that impact their agendas...

They can't.

But it is incredibly fun watching them try and fail.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The plan was announced to test the waters.........
Certainly it will be quietly implemented in the near future....
The obvious ploy is to create the news and the public mindset by filtering anything that is contrary to the government line.
say goodbye to 9/11 truth......and any other attempt to reach the public with the reality of the situation......
While you are at it.....say goodbye to the USA and democracy world wide......
We are now in phase two of the NWO..........sufficient chaos has been established to move forward with the agenda......................
edit on 22-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But it is incredibly fun watching them try and fail.
reply to post by ausername

It is anything but funny. They are far from failing. They are patient and they will keep at it, I can assure you of that. We are a long way down the rabbit hole at this point.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Until they make the constitution null and void, despite their best efforts, the truth will find a way.

The fact that they would attempt this and back away from it should be very revealing here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The part that I do not understand is, isn't the media already owned by and ran by tptb?
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Until they make the constitution null and void, despite their best efforts, the truth will find a way.

The fact that they would attempt this and back away from it should be very revealing here.
reply to post by ausername

I would say the Constitution is already next to worthless. When an American president can order the extra judicial execution of American citizens without due process, you are in serious trouble. When the NSA can spy on everything you do despite the 4th ammmendment...you are in trouble.

The truth is a changable commodity these days. James Clapper outright perjured himself to Congress...which is a felony, and what ramifications did he suffer? NONE. He lamely stated he mis-spoke....either what he told Congress was the truth or it wasn't. But that didn't seem to matter. Ditto with Eric Holder and the Fast and Furious debacle. Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi cover-up....she actually said " What does it matter now", when asked about the investigation into the deaths of embassy staff....it just goes on and on.

9/11, the Boston Bombings, the JFK assasination, Sandy Hook.....the truth has not come out about any of these things.

The fact that they backed off on this only serves to show me that this was them "testing the waters"....they will try this again...I assure you of that. Just as they are now back on the "attack Syria" bandwagon.
edit on 22-2-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

Their primary targets were not just the big network newsrooms, but the smaller, local news, newspapers, news talk radio, affiliates etc.

To make sure that people were getting ALL of the news and information they needed.

Of course, their intentions were all good, they wanted to help find better ways to inform the public.

edit on 22-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

FirePiston
The part that I do not understand is, isn't the media already owned by and ran by tptb?
Firepiston

I think right now, multinational corporations control the media, if not directly then by the amount of advertising is purchased by them which accounts for large majority of their revenue.

The government at this point has no choice but to bow to the media and their corporate sponsors. Corporations are not democratically elected, USG is... I don't see how this is not a better a choice than what we were getting before. If the gov was hiding stories with the use of their "researchers" then that is something that could be brought up during elections and answered for. I am not saying that it is going to happen that way but to me government oversight of news is a MUST.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FirePiston
Firepiston

maybe on a national level or even some local and newspapers.
but on the local level news is pretty done by the stations owners for their area. if a recall correctly they can air what they see as important relevant to that area without much net work interference.

hope you just weren't being sarcastic. if so sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join