It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change = More turbulence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oh no, The world is heating up

Better tax more money from everyone that should fix things.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

You forgot and lots of money as well. Too Funny.

Didn't someone post scientist core drilled polar ice to measure CO2 levels many years back to find out this is cyclic? Seems to me anyway. Also I thought there were emails that some whistleblower released from scientist in the UK claiming the whole thing was a phony money making scam anyway. So many post regarding this. I don't know who you can trust for the truth anymore, I know it's not the MSM, or the Government.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

I hate flying so this bothers me greatly haha...

As for the global warming debate...people take such strong sides as if they know...you dont know....you dont...the fact is ...we are going through a climate change period....there is a fact that the climate changes whether humans are here or not. And I would argue that it is logical that humans could be influencing that change as well....so what is the point? WE should be looking at ways to improve our lives as a society and prepare from some pretty insane changes that may or may not come..its worth the investment regardless of what side you stand on.

Global warming is the only issue I can think of where most people agree with what is happening they just argue how its happening...so who cares...lets work on preparing for it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

xuenchen

rickymouse

xuenchen
reply to post by lostbook

How much does CO2 needs to be reduced today to get the climate back to normal?

What is considered a "safe" level?

How much CO2 is in the atmosphere now?

If we took action now, we wouldn't see it back to normal for twenty five years. If we do nothing, we can expect it to start compounding. An ice age can stop this, it has done it before. The correction of the earth to this is to form an ice age.

Interesting.

Where can I look at those estimations?

You have to read about fifty of the actual technical research articles to conclude this. Of course, the people in charge only look at how they can get revenue or promote consumerism from these articles. No article comes right out and says the number of years. Many articles address the compounding action of our disregard for the ecosystem. The ice age forming from the earth heating is an old theory that has much evidence to back it. It has to do with warming causing a heating of the crust leading to more vulcanism and expansion of the plates.

I don't need someone to come right out and say something to know the probable outcome. If they said our actions will take twenty five years to get a return, would anyone who has less than twenty five years of life left even consider backing the action necessary to keep this from happening? Not in this country, unless they really love their kids and grandchildren.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

It feels forced, but here it goes anyays.

Ihere in Southern Ca it is way warmer than usual. The whole southwest is having one very mild winter.

Imho, the GEo-engineering is causing the drought to be worse. from Texas all the way to Cali, massive drought. worst ever.

click .gif's & images for links to info and data

Pacific, Atlantic & Droughts

OVERALL.. the funny thing is the 'warmers' stated very clearly that global warming would include harsher winters. then when it is harsh, people ridicule warming. that is so typical..

No, the 'warmers' stated very clearly that winters will get 'warmer' and they still do, hence the name. Harsh winters are not excluded in a hypothetical global warming scenario, but all trends are projected to go up.

- North America

Warmer summer and winter

North-west will experience more warming in the winter and will likely increase by at least 5°C in about 30-50 years.

Central and east Canada will experience more warming in the winter, while central and east coast US will warm more in the summer months.

www.climatechange2013.org...

data - here & here

Gobal warming and Climate Change™ are not mutually exclusive, but two fundementally different concepts. The natural state of a dynamic climate system is constant variation. Given the complexity of the system, the climate is behaving exactly as expected.

"What is new in Nature, is only new to us."

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I would tend to agree that all the air traffic is causing much of the problems we have with the weather. If you also think about it, there seems to be a tie to fracking. There used to be a saying my parents would tell me when there was a severe thunderstorm around the areas when they blasted rock to straighten roads. The earth is crying. I think there is a direct link between the severe weather and any explosions or cracking of rock. I think it creates an electromagnetic shock which causes storms to grow. No research is done on to evaluate this, it is not in the best interest of mining and oil companies. I have only found small amounts of evidence for this, no research is done because the oil and mining companies control everything. If there was just a little of this going on it wouldn't be bad, it is everywhere though.

Now the way to steer everyone away from thinking this may be causing the weather problems you need to shift their focus so they will not apply money to fund research on this. So you find a way to say climate change is from carbon dioxide emmissions. This way the governments win and it costs the oil companies and mining companies nothing and they keep on causing their subsonic waves that effect weather.

Now this is nothing other than speculation, since it seems that noone even wants to test this. I am not the only one to think of this, but I am probably one of only a few that will bring the possibility up without evidence. I know why no testing is done on this, I am not blind.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am so past trying to understand the reasons behind climate change. It has gone beyond that point now because, in my opinion, we are where we need to begin dealing with the effects. While the crazy weather we have been experiencing lately in places as divergent as Alaska and California, England and Australia or even Russia and Canada's arctic tundra regions, the overall issue is one of dangerous situations, whether it is heat waves, floods or hellish storms.

Much of humanity lives on coastal areas and as warming oceans expand, it will eventually provide threats to harbour cities if not attended to. Sure... it's not so bad yet, but if the trend continues, then storm surges at high tide are sure to be a critical concern. Holland, for certain, is at risk and their dykes have failed before at a huge cost to the Dutch in lives and property lost.

How much longer are we going to hold our breath and hope it doesn't get any worse?

We need to start preparing now and, while we're all busy saving the world's largest port cities, maybe then we would be more motivated to act on the 'why' of it all because the costs incurred will surely be in the trillions .

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I am so past trying to understand the reasons behind climate change. It has gone beyond that point now because, in my opinion, we are where we need to begin dealing with the effects. While the crazy weather we have been experiencing lately in places as divergent as Alaska and California, England and Australia or even Russia and Canada's arctic tundra regions, the overall issue is one of dangerous situations, whether it is heat waves, floods or hellish storms.

You make an excellent point there. Whatever the cause or the combinations of causes....and whatever the timeline or horizon to MAJOR tipping point stages here....we are in for a hell of a ride. That is something there DOES seem to be consensus on, even if the direction and nature of what makes the future an E-Ticket attraction aren't anything like agreed upon.

It would make sense then, as you say, to start looking at the world around us a little differently for what can become a terminal threat in major natural upheaval. Living on elevation with the coastlines is probably A #1 for places to move AWAY from while it's still a viable thing to do and peace is something we're still enjoying for natural conditions...overall. That may not even be the case a year from now, let alone 5 or 10.

Indeed, adapting and not simply spinning wheels to committee chat ways of mitigating is probably well past the stage where it needs to begin in earnest.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

While politicians argue about carbon taxes and what is causing climate change, give thanks to those who, through common sense, are at least looking into the issue:

Los Angeles, a metropolis perched on the edge of a coast, can expect to experience sea level rise of as much as two feet due by 2050 due to climate change, according to current projections.

In anticipation, a team from USC partnered with the City of Los Angeles to gauge the impact of the rising tides on local communities and infrastructure. The results, according to a report that was released today, are a mixed bag -- but at-risk assets can be protected by proactive planning and early identification of adaptation measures, according to the report's authors.

"Some low-lying areas within the City's jurisdiction, such as Venice Beach and some areas of Wilmington and San Pedro, are already vulnerable to flooding," said Phyllis Grifman, lead author of the report and associate director of the USC Sea Grant Program. "Identifying where flooding is already observed during periods of storms and high tides, and analyzing other areas where flooding is projected are key elements in beginning effective planning for the future.”

cwww.sciencedaily.com...

I'd be willing to bet every other major port on the planet is doing the same, regardless of the stupid hype on either side of the climate change argument.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

For all of California's many problems in state leadership and politics, they do seem to have their heads on straight for real world action where it matters the most. As I'm looking into the unbelievable scale of water leakage and waste from a creaky infrastructure across the nation (and world for that matter), it was L.A. that ranked among the best for solving their water network leak issues to as high a standard as it can likely get in the real world. Especially in a zone prone to near constant quakes of one variety or another, it's no small thing IMO. Other cities like Houston had downright ugly numbers by comparison....so The Golden State never ceases to amaze for what they do right, despite how much politics gets wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When it comes to rising tides and major ports, politics needs to either step aside or help out.

What's tiring me out is the meaningless, fruitless, idiotic and constant political bickering on the 'why's and wherefore's' as the global situation continues to deteriorate. Politicians and armchair quarterbacks are going to need higher soap boxes and rubber boots soon enough, you know?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here in OZ, the term global warming has been dumped for global weirding. The weather patterns we are seeing here make no sense any more.

But, we are warming overall and here is the proof from the horses mouth

Australia’s warmest September on record
Australia’s record for warmest 12-month period has been broken for a second consecutive month. This continues a remarkable sequence of warmer-than-average months for Australia since August 2012.
September 2013 was easily Australia’s warmest September on record. The national average temperature for September was +2.75 °C above the long-term (1961–1990) average, which also sets a record for Australia’s largest positive anomaly for any monthly mean temperature. The previous record of +2.66 °C was set in April 2005.
The mean temperature for Australia, averaged over the 12 months from October 2012 to September 2013, was 1.25 °C above the long-term average. This was also 0.17 °C warmer than any 12-month period prior to 2013.

Bureau of meteorology Australia

Here's a pretty picture to demonstrate my point . You'll notice that there is none of the lovely blue colour that would indicate we are having a nice cooling trend happening in it. Australia is definitely warming and weather records are dropping like flies at the moment.

For those studying North America, you need to look at the North Atlantic current situation. It is going to be causing the exact conditions you are seeing; freezing winters, dangerous tornado filled summers. Al Gore said it was in danger of stopping when enough arctic ice melt water diluted the saline current that makes up this vital life giving current to both North America and Europe. However, it looks like the Gulf oil spill BP created caused it to go bung a little earlier than expected.

So NO, you won't be seeing an overall increase in temperatures because your conveyor belt that brought warmer waters and more temperate weather in is breaking down at the moment.

Prince Charles in the UK summed things up on the subject pretty well actually when he said that climate change deniers are like headless chickens running about.
edit on 20-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Interestingly enough, I was speaking to a climate scientist about global warming and it was he that told me about the theory of the jetstream. Sadly I have no sources to back this up, but he was a really interesting guy to talk to.

At the time I spoke to him I was a travel agent and I had just booked him on a trip to go to the USA where he was meeting with other scientists to work on weather modification. Yes, Australia and America have worked together on weather modification, but it is all very hushed up.

He said to me that the Jetstream is a air current very high in the atmosphere and it is responsible for the movement of our weather systems. Wrabbit and Masqua are very right in that the oceans are where the weather begins, but the jetstream is what moves it around.

I don't know how many people remember the disastrous floods in Pakistan a couple of years back, but at the time the jet stream was very much in focus as being the cause

A highly-charged jet stream is contributing to the worse floods Pakistan has seen in decades, meteorologists have said

The Telegraph

top topics

<< 1   >>

join