It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I agree with the bible being part story to teach A lesson but who knows what is what? They found troy from reading The illeade. But we don't believe in Cyclopes or sirens soooo ....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Year1

Year1
Yes if you buy the definition of discrimination as given to you by the pulpit of mass media.

Yes when you buy the lie from the pulpit of mass media that the discernment of evil from good is "discrimination"

Yes when you buy the lie from the mass media pulpit that
Love is tolerance and tolerance is love and
Hate is intolerance and intolerance is hate

A society that does not discriminate against evil is a society guilty of evil and a society that will reap it's 'rewards'. History is the record of judgement. Learn from it - it teaches you a completely contrary message than the mass media pulpit.

Just noticed this little nugget.

What are some of these 'evils' of which you speak that we need to discriminate against more?
edit on RAmerica/Chicago28uMon, 24 Feb 2014 00:35:49 -06002-0600fCST12 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Statistically improbable edit..

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Wow, that really is special isn't it. I love their repeated use of the word "Pulpit" too. As if anyone other than the fundies actually rely on a pulpit for their information!! I honestly don't think these trolls are even trying anymore.

if you buy the definition of discrimination as given to you by the pulpit of mass media

That's just some lazy....lazy misdirection right there. Although I suppose once you start creating your own language and definitions for reality the world around you might seem a bit crazy.

As if anyone needs a different definition for Discrimination other than "the" definition to show evidence for it in this case. Christian Extremism is practically the poster child for the definition of Discrimination!! In the dictionary it should have a footnote that says, "Discrimination-see Judeo-Christian Extremism."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Lots of great experiences after I did alot of studying, filtering, seeking in my heart, seeking throughout and in life itself, fasting as well for a period of time while learning. I feel that the mind/spirit complex of Jesus taught me alot.

Its started back when I was a child, believing in things that did not feel right, placing faith in what the crowds told me were truth. I walked the life of a Christian for most of my life...but then some things happened that were hard to explain...I placed trust in the Spirit to show me things as I read and studied many materials, I studied nature as well and did alot of observing my own heart/mind as well as others. I believe even in a dream, Jesus showed me reincarnation is just a part of the experience of God emanating Theeself 'outwardly' which brought forth this emanation we live in and are of.

The fasting was something I feel the Spirit led me to do as there were certain things I had to do in order to gain certain understandings. One needs a clean heart, honest, humbled, and one needs to seek for the right reasons. Not because they are afraid they wont gain entrance to heaven, not because they desire to gain rewards, but because they found deep within them, their soul seeks something, a part of itself, something that it is 'of' besides this body of flesh...there is something within us that longs to reconnect to its true nature of spirit...something it 'once' knew, still 'knows'....but its a matter of the soul/spirit together getting through the knots in the mind complex, the ego and the part of us that 'thinks' we already know things. Its hard to toss everything aside that you may think you 'know' and come to Thee with a blank slate to be shown things.

The knowledge, the wisdom, its always been here, its within the very design of life itself, a place it can always be found, a place that it cant be destroyed nor will rust or ruin. Life.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Eventually.. yes, God does hate people, after said people have given themselves over to sin and abomination, and we see this in the later part of Romans 1. If God loved everyone, then no one would end up in hell, but God does love everyone at one point or another. It is man who decides to turn their back on God, which eventually leads to God turning His back on them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All Religions are discriminatory. They actually expect us to believe that murder, rape, theft, lying, cheating are no good. But as modern society teaches us, "there is no good or bad".

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There's still good and bad.... There's a way that works best for the progression of the species. Aka good. Then there's things that are destructive to the species aka bad.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join