It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock

ArtemisE
reply to post by Akragon

That's another discriminatory thing in religions.

The concept that anyone not of god is evil and a knowing or unknowing agent of satan.

Akragon really doesn't understand enough but passes as some sort of authority. Now I say that simply from an academic ground. You on the other hand cant even pass off but sound like some freshman in college spouting lame talking points and basic anti christian rhetoric.

And as usual you do nothing but attack others.... and use words like "academic" to make yourself sound good...

Nothing ever changes with you...

attack first, back up your posts with nothing... assume everything

Good stuff bro

edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I am not attacking. I insist that this be understood. I am simply stating my opinion which may not be pleasant like some of the opinions expressed about Christianly on this page by the OP nonetheless.

And as to your above, this is how you come off. This is your game. You also like to attack and then when confronted fall back on poor pitiful me. Its clear to anyone that reads you carefully with an open mind that you are a hack and a troll.

And of course by insisting... it makes you correct right?

This is my game... how about a reference to my game?

I have 15k posts on this forum.... point out one where I attack anyone...

Anyone who reads my words carefully knows I point to one thing... the gospels...

You on the other hand attack anyone who disagrees with your opinion, you back up nothing... and you assume you know the motives of everyone on this forum that doesn't agree with you .... You call me a disinfo agent LOL

and as per your usual game.... You attack me call me a troll and a hack...

You're hilarious!! LMAO!!

I insist that anyone who reads this persons words to look back in his post history and see what hes really about....

YOU troll my posts just to attack me... then disappear like a fart in the wind when I back you into a corner....

Im actually shocked you haven't been banned by now... but time will tell

No I must insist because you have wax in your ears.

Your use of scripture is most generally a cherry picking, twisting affair to prove some point, sometimes not really related to the scripture you are using. Its not even about my opinion when you cant even use scripture in context. So then it becomes my opinion when you are confronted for using the bible like Hints From Heloise or Readers Digest abridged short stories ect or some excuse to dismiss things as irrelevant that are clearly relevant, like it or not, to the Christian faith.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Your use of scripture is most generally a cherry picking, twisting affair to prove some point, sometimes not really related to the scripture you are using. Its not even about my opinion when you cant even use scripture in context. So then it becomes my opinion when you are confronted for using the bible like Hints From Heloise or Readers Digest abridged short stories ect or some excuse to dismiss things as irrelevant that are clearly relevant, like it or not, to the Christian faith.

Oh im sure you must insist.... and again I urge anyone who reads your posts to look back in your post history and see what your game is...

You assume, you lie about others...(like what you're doing with this post) and... You attack without provocation...

and when you're wrong you disappear...

I also urge the readers to look into my threads or my posts and see if you find me attacking anyone... I quote the gospels only, and back my posts with the same...

To the OP... is Christianity discriminatory?

Only when dealing with people like this...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by arpgme

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Well that is confusing because I hardly ever read about Christians following that one. Are you sure that one wasn't thrown out as well. Just about every other religious thread has someone damning someone to hell or calling groups abhorrent. In the past months I have seen two states put forward bills that would allow Christians to discriminate against people based on faith.

There is to much back and forth reasoning in that religion IMO.

It's not back and forth reasoning - it is Christians at different levels of understanding. The verse above is often quoted in support of accepting and approving of ungodliness, and yet at the same time the following verses in the same chapter are not highlighted

19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

"Love your neighbour as yourself"
Including that passage places it in context.

Discrimination as defined by the mass media pulpit and the law of the land is the non-acceptance and non-approval of what the state declares as good. Can you not see the problem? Those above are excluded from the kingdom of God. The state defines many of these things as 'good' today.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Akragon

Im actually shocked you haven't been banned by now... but time will tell

You think fairly highly of yourself with a statement like that. And the sword will swing both ways my friend. In the end Robespierre himself went to the guillotine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Sigh

And of course you flip things back on people...

I don't attack other members... I don't insult other members...

YOU do...

and again... IF anyone wants proof of this... look into this persons post history

all the evidence is right there

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Year1

Grimpachi
reply to post by arpgme

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Well that is confusing because I hardly ever read about Christians following that one. Are you sure that one wasn't thrown out as well. Just about every other religious thread has someone damning someone to hell or calling groups abhorrent. In the past months I have seen two states put forward bills that would allow Christians to discriminate against people based on faith.

There is to much back and forth reasoning in that religion IMO.

It's not back and forth reasoning - it is Christians at different levels of understanding. The verse above is often quoted in support of accepting and approving of ungodliness, and yet at the same time the following verses in the same chapter are not highlighted

19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

"Love your neighbour as yourself"
Including that passage places it in context.

Discrimination as defined by the mass media pulpit and the law of the land is the non-acceptance and non-approval of what the state declares as good. Can you not see the problem? Those above are excluded from the kingdom of God. The state defines many of these things as 'good' today.

And before anyone gets on you about quoting Paul, cause there are some Paul hater about....here is what Jesus said..

"…"But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Akragon

Sigh

And of course you flip things back on people...

I don't attack other members... I don't insult other members...

YOU do...

and again... IF anyone wants proof of this... look into this persons post history

all the evidence is right there

I sometimes may sound insulting to folks that think to highly of themselves and are not accustomed to being contradicted.

You insult me every time you post nonsense.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Funniest thing i've read all day.... LOL

Thanks for that

Oh the irony...

At the very least you are amusing

edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are assuming I assume because you assume all the time.
LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Aww muffin

And you think you're clever... Haha!!

I am stating it as a fact... Not assuming...

You assume you know everything about everyone that doesn't agree with you

Not only that but your posts break the main law of your own religion

But you are funny... I'll give you that...

Not so quick witted as you believe, but funny

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by bbracken677

Please tell me how it works then? I'm not being sarcastic. I was born southern baptist and this is what they teach. Of course I'm following the teachings to there logical conclusion.

Seems to me it's a very offensive concept that I'm sure seems ridiculous to any decent human being..... But it's cannon!

Call me crazy but if it's offensive then Christianity should fix or rethink it, not get mad at those who point it out.

It is not cannon. Babies are born innocent and there are several references, including one by Jesus about the innocence of children.

Regarding whether we are all born sinners? This is true, but I think it is in reference to the fact that we are all born with the potential to sin. A potential that is realized as we grow and lose our innocence.

I am neither religious, nor am I a bible scholar and will never make claims to such, but your remarks were offensive nonetheless. Furthermore, I believe (IMO) that they were intentionally offensive. The fact that you defended the statement instead of at least making some attempt to acknowledge the offensiveness of the post just proves my point.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That was an exceptionally humble post. I gave up on breaking down the obvious to people. I have reverted to my old ways

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Appearently you didn't keep reading because I admited defeat on that topic. In fact I think your opinion was defiantly the best spoken of them all. Short to the point , well thought out and well intentioned. So naaaa! Jk
( about the Naaaa part :p)

I just don't pull
Punches. I think with little or no scientific proof of any religion. No religion deserves a free passs when it comes to logic reason and morality.

I still think hell for unbelievers is bigotry. Not only do you get heaven but your guys gonna burn me! And for all eternity!

I mean that your reply was beautifully written. The only hole I see in your logic is

If that's the case if an unbeliever were to live without sin. Would he go to heaven? Or at least not burn in hell.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Akragon

Oh im sure you must insist.... and again I urge anyone who reads your posts to look back in your post history and see what your game is...

You assume, you lie about others...(like what you're doing with this post) and... You attack without provocation...

and when you're wrong you disappear...

I also urge the readers to look into my threads or my posts and see if you find me attacking anyone... I quote the gospels only, and back my posts with the same...

To the OP... is Christianity discriminatory?

Only when dealing with people like this...

Really? And the above from Mr. gospels who says there is no hell.

Jesus Christ ""I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do. "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!"

Now I am very interested to watch you wiggle out of this. This quote right here undermines your entire credibility as a person that speaks with knowledge about the gospels and several other positions you have taken.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

You can think it's bigotry, but it really boils down to this simple idea:

Belief.

If you follow a religion that teaches that belief is requisite for salvation, then those who do not believe are not saved. And that's no more bigotry than when any group sets up conditions for joining. I don't hate people who don't believe and I don't know many Christians who do. Most of us know, work with, and *gasp* are friends with plenty of people who either have no faith or follow different faiths these days. Believe it or not, except for places like this where you invite the conversation, we generally don't spend our days shouting "Repent Sinners!" with sandwich board signs. We live our lives like everyone else until you either ask us or put us into situations where you force a conflict.

Now, there are quite a few people who walk around calling themselves Christian who use that to try put themselves on some pedestal and feel superior when they shouldn't. True belief is humility among many other things and the knowledge that while I believe, I simply can't walk around announcing that I know who's to be saved and who isn't because I don't. No one does. Thinking you do is pure pride - a sin in an of itself. When they talk about not judging. That's the judgment they mean.

I can't judge who is or is not saved or worthy anymore than anyone else because I am no more blameless of sin than anyone else.

But of course, the concept of judgment, like so much else about Christianity, has been taken mightily out of context.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If that's the case if an unbeliever were to live without sin. Would he go to heaven? Or at least not burn in hell.

Given that's impossible to live without sin ... good luck finding that man or woman.

But I'll tell you that I think the believer, almost no matter what faith we're talking about (remember, some faiths are loathsome in God's eyes as they glorify evil, however, even the man who says he follows them without sinning ...?), who managed to do it would likely have the leg on the unbeliever.

After all, the unbeliever thinks he or she is his or her own god or highest power. That's a bit mocking and sinful in and of itself, not to mention prideful.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

ketsuko

After all, the unbeliever thinks he or she is his or her own god or highest power. That's a bit mocking and sinful in and of itself, not to mention prideful.

With that statement you pretty much proved the OPs supposition that Christians and Christianity is/are discriminatory.

As an agnostic I certainly don't see myself as my own god or higher power. Judge not lest ye be judged, eh?
edit on 23-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There are ways to 'know' that Jesus did not speak of the same nature of 'God' then what the old testament did. People can quote all they want to prove he did...but you were not there, you did not see who wrote the new testament, you do not know that the writers did not have a belief of their own and used Jesus and his great teachings to be tied into their own belief.

When people experience meeting the 'spirit complex' that is called Jesus, he is not judgmental, he is just love. If you cling to 'thinking you know because you have read it'...you will not experience some of the great things our 'mind/body/spirit' complex was made to experience.

What holds so many back...is letting the fear stand in the way. The fear of a satan, the fear of a hell, the fear of learning on their own without a book, the fear that the only way we can have true knowledge is with a book and that without that book, you cant know the truth....this holds people back.

They are afraid to use intuition, afraid to let God show them things without the book because then its satan showing them things and not god ect.

There are many seekers out there now that have twisted out of the knot that gets put in our minds...and they pretty much all experience the same things, come to the same conclusions. Man has been doing this for a long long time, searching god on their own, through life, through experiences, but right now on earth I would say that there is more men/women doing this then ever before...so hopefully we are reaching a area of consciousness soon that passes onto the children that they dont need to be afraid, that they are filled with the Spirit, that the kingdom is within them, all they have to do is seek with their one eye of light and a humbled heart.

It goes against the very nature of our being to believe that a blood sacrifice can save us. This is a very old practice and does not vibrate with us well in such times of change. To believe a man had to die for you...is against your nature of spirit. To believe Jesus had to be killed so we could all be saved, is morbid. But people bathe in this very idea, it makes them feel loved that someone would do that for us...its not that Jesus would not because when you reach the path he was at, you understand that this body of flesh is not what you are here to live for, that the nature of spirit is what you are to live for...and in the nature of spirit, you are willing to hang of the life of flesh before you try to harm another even in defense of your own life.

They killed him because they did not want to hear what he taught. Then he got tied into the blood sacrifice belief system.

A key to understand the nature of God is this...no matter what you have read, God is not a jealous God. When you understand that God is all things, there is nothing to be jealous of!! God is! The flesh that cloaks our true spirit can do actions of harm and can embrace the natures of flesh (not of a satan or other being) which are jealousy, envy, lust, pride, ect...these are normal natures of flesh. Some get lost to this...but the spirit that fills their very being will return being divine and pure as it ever was and will always be.

Its dangerous to our species to set a belief system out there that has anything to do with fear. This places an automatic blocker within the mind of the person that is very hard to get around, makes it hard for the true spirit within them to shine forth free and loving.

Find the dimmest of lights in the darkest of places. Sometimes events happen that are horrid...but somehow through each and every event, there is someone that learned about love through it, or someone that learned about how to comfort through it, or someone that even found 'god' through the horrid mess.

My hope, is more people are raising children to not be of this 'discriminatory' belief system, raise them to love all people, raise them to be understanding, to not hold themselves above anyone else but to also know that no one else is above them...and those that think they are, pity them instead of coming down on them, feel sorry for the lost that do not know of the great humble nature of the Spirit.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

lmao

psy op or just stupid?

You didn't fall for Theosophical deception now did you? Ancient mystery schools?
edit on 23-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I've said in the original post that heaven for believers isn't bigotry. It's the fiery pitof damnation for what could be great people who just don't believe, that I find bigotry. If you like " I'm giving 5 bucks to every white person I see." IMHO isn't bigotry. However, I'm robbing every Mexican I see is bigotry. Feel me?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join