It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a ghost been caught on camera at 'haunted' pub?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

And I have to add that the scientific answer might well be we are energy beings that shed our physicality upon death and that consciousness can, at times, interact and move physical objects, like when we move our bodies... just sayin'.

And I really think that's a possibility... and that all supernatural phenom have a rational answer once the physics are all figured out. I just think we are far from figuring it out.

When you've had invisible things (invisible usually , that is) interact with you and respond in an intelligent manner, the standard model falls short... but I could be wrong and we could have it all figured out.

Edit: and as far as the video, I thought I saw a hooded figure centered perfectly in frame before the light effects... earmarks of poor artistic portrayal. It feels like a scene from a substandard chiller.
edit on 2/18/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Baddogma

And I have to add that the scientific answer might well be we are energy beings that shed our physicality upon death and that consciousness can, at times, interact and move physical objects, like when we move our bodies... just sayin'.

And I really think that's a possibility... and that all supernatural phenom have a rational answer once the physics are all figured out. I just think we are far from figuring it out.

When you've had invisible things (invisible usually , that is) interact with you and respond in an intelligent manner, the standard model falls short... but I could be wrong and we could have it all figured out.

Edit: and as far as the video, I thought I saw a hooded figure centered perfectly in frame before the light effects... earmarks of poor artistic portrayal. It feels like a scene from a substandard chiller.
edit on 2/18/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

Please present your data to support your hypothesis....

Korg.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So I took the time to watch this frame by frame on youtube @ 720P definition.

When you go frame by frame, IT DOESN'T SHOW UP.

Try it yourself by making it full screen and choosing 720P in the settings. Then use your keyboard right arrow to step frame by frame.

The image appears around 23 secs into the video, but if you do a step by step, you don't see it.

This leads me to believe it is just the night vision technology causing a video anomaly that is only visible when it is played in real time, but frame by frame you cannot see the full apparition materialize.

Now, it could be the frame by frame mode is skipping right over the times where it is visible, but that would be a little be too coincidental to me. Still possible though.

Still a pretty cool looking video anomaly.

edit on 18-2-2014 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I think that was possible in the days of analogue tape but not with modern digital recording.
As for the video uuum might be real?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good point. I should try to be more objective like my hero Picard!! I do drink Earl grey tea though...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Wait the video shows a supposed man and scythe and the place is called Ye Olde Man &
Scythe ???? Why is the name that ??

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanandheather

looks like the bar is getting broken into and robbed to me. It looks like a door opening in the beginning? maybe I'm imagining.

Still nice video, the way the hooded figure fades in then out. Really eerie.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

xmaddness

Try it yourself by making it full screen and choosing 720P in the settings. Then use your keyboard right arrow to step frame by frame.

The image appears around 23 secs into the video, but if you do a step by step, you don't see it.

This leads me to believe it is just the night vision technology causing a video anomaly that is only visible when it is played in real time, but frame by frame you cannot see the full apparition materialize.

Now, it could be the frame by frame mode is skipping right over the times where it is visible, but that would be a little be too coincidental to me. Still possible though.

What if the video has been manipulated (sped up etc.) and isn't in real time at all? Despite the inclusion of the seemingly real time counter in the upper left that could have been edited in.

That might explain the jerky nature of the light levels and fleeting movement reminiscent of stop go animation.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i haven't a clue if this is fake, but all 3 ghosts i've seen have looked just like you and i, just a normal person. this one looks like the grim reaper! def wearing a hooded cloak. the pub i used to drink in had a ghost, he had my friend running around all over the place many nights with my friend thinking it was someone who broke in the pub, i remember one evening, you could hear the floorboards creaking as though someone was walking around upstairs and my two friends behind the bar working, were saying 'did you hear that, theres no bugger up there!!!, there had been several other incidents where people had ran out of that pub white as a sheet and vowing never to go back. theres tunnels under this town which the monks or priests used to use back in the day to get to the church. loads of people have seen the ghost in the pub.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I'm not saying that this video is legit.
I'm just commenting on what you said about there being thousands and thousands of ghosts so they should show up on cam way more. Yes, lots of people have died but the premiss of a ghost is that it is a soul that can't/hasn't moved on, for some reason or another.
I don't think all ghosts are also capable of making their presence known, I think only some can.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

oops double post.

I do believe in ghosts as I have had my own experiences with them on more then one occassion
edit on 19-2-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
this is a link I found in the comments section of the site.

It clearly shows that two different times were overlapped..... I have to go with fake

i.imgur.com...

the picture in question:

edit on R102014-02-19T02:10:21-06:00k102Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Im going to say i think its fake watch the video frame by frame you see a man step forward only when the strobe goes off do you see him clearly looks like its to the left of the bar slightly behind the camera. I figure they did this to increase the image of the place being haunted.The flashes remind me of those halloween lights that strobe and judging from the location of the bar id say someone used a strobe light. Or they have some mischievous employee. I think dressing like death with a scythe was shall we say overkill.And watching it in slow motion i can swear there's actually two people there not just one. However the history of the place is neat and i would love to visit it. Since someone asked about its history heres a vid.

edit on 2/19/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

xmaddness

Nope... frame skip in you tube skips more than one frame... Not sure but I think it's as much as 4 frames at a time.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

CJCrawley
Some kind of photographic anomaly.

If they use the same tape over and over, I guess it's possible that images from previous recordings, that haven't been fully wiped, could appear on the fresh recording.

Most of us have experienced this for ourselves - I remember taping a TV prog and the video came out fine but the audio was of the prog that I'd recorded over...that was very spooky.

It suggested to me that we don't really wipe any recordings, we just add the new recording like a thin veneer over the previous ones. The previous ones are still there, even if we can't see them most of the time. If we had the know-how, we could retrieve the older stuff by peeling away each veneer.

Maybe something similar happens in life?
Don't be ridiculous. Photographic anomalies don't create Poltergeist-style strobing light effects. This is a hoax video intended to go viral to advertise a very old spooky pub. Anyone can see that. Photographic anomaly my ass...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

RickinVa
this is a link I found in the comments section of the site.

It clearly shows that two different times were overlapped..... I have to go with fake

i.imgur.com...

the picture in question:

edit on R102014-02-19T02:10:21-06:00k102Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

I think you found the answer the strobe thing kept bothering me but i dont think its strobe thanks to your post the video has two recordings mixed together. The lighting just is different on the other. When they throw in the frames from the other video of the ghost makes the background appear to light up. My guess they needed to have lights on to see the ghost. And in a dark place even a little light is going to show up on nightvision. Also if you look carefully this crack of light appears on the right of the ghost almost like someone hung something maybe to hide the light but it only shows on the frames with the ghost.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the fact that only one camera feed is released suggests that its a mundane explaination that other views would reveal - or a lazy hoax

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Okay, well I would like to know if there were other cameras/footage and compare what they recorded. Plus they said that that camera that took this malfunctioned. Would be interesting to know how/why the camera stopped working as it might have caused the anomaly on the footage or the "ghost" might be the cause.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Could it possibly be a police car/ambulance outside? I'm not familiar with the pub, but if someone was outside passing by the windows, maybe it could be their shadow being cast. Just a suggestion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join