It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Specimen
reply to post by Harte

A bird, a plane, super man, or venus. It still a movin white dot

OH NOES!!!!

moving white dots that avoid us at all costs, what are we going to do?!?!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Indeed.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
edit: screw up....
edit on 172142014 by westo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Fear the White Dots, for they will make Earth and heaven Tremble in Terror.

Bah ha ha(villainous laugh).

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Specimen
Fear the White Dots, for they will make Earth and heaven Tremble in Terror.

Bah ha ha(villainous laugh).

Speaking of white balls did anyone notice that the ufos and ghosts look alike. If its in a building its a ghost if its outdoors its a UFO.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Harte
That is, proof of an invisible unicorn head must by necessity be itself invisible.

Remember to tip the delivery guy - use invisible money!
Steven Greer will take you on a tour of an invisible spaceship, if you promise not to take any pictures (what difference that would make I don't know since it's invisible). Unfortunately, he won't take invisible money.

I wish I was making this up but I'm not. Here is a video claiming to show at least one invisible craft flickering in and out of reality, and at 4 minutes in the video they walk through the walls of the invisible craft but they aren't allowed to film that part:

Apparently the people who can't see it are not as evolved and haven't been able to properly enter an aetheric state to see the aetheric craft, at least according to Greer. In my opinion I wonder if a wood post has more brains than people who fall for this.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Actually Ghost Orbs are very different to UFO's.

Like this orb I captured in a haunted room in Fernie Castle, Fife, Scotland!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

sn0rch

Pladuim

MadMax9
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Funny people don't believe in a God but want to believe in aliens. God being spiritual and aliens being physical I think the laugh is on the aliens believers don't you?

I have never seen God, but I believe in there being a God. I have seen UFO's that I KNOW were intelligently controlled life forms that are alien to us. Ya see, its not that I believe that there might be UFO's controlled by beings that are alien to us, I know for a fact there are.

Pladuim

It would be really funny if god was flying a ufo to check up on us. and everyone was wrong!!!

You know what? I have thought about that, only the god that lived long agao died, and just passed it on to another generation. I think this is a giant pitiri dish, and we are an experiment. I think our "creator" made us after many trials ( dinosaurs, monkeys, cave man, homosapien..ect) I think when we hit homosapien, they started to go in the right direction, then started to study our DNA, to see how we could evolve

Im sure they figured out that diet, climate, and other interactions were the clue. Of course they stepped in and taught us a few things, and now they study us with their crafts. I know this place was created, weither it was done in 7 days, which I doubt. Or done through seven or more millennium. Either way, we have a creator....probably not the one most of the "people" think it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

People will ignore evidence and create fantasies if they truly believe in something. You see this even in religion with images of the virgin mary or we see it with UFOs. There not all that much different i say people need to believe in things and will go to great lengths to maintain their beliefs. We see it in conspiracies as well people believe something so strongly that they ignore evidence and rational thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Just out of curiosity did you see the orb before you took the picture?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Actually no. I took 3 pictures in the room because the room had a story about it. Workers that were renovating the room apparently were pushed here and there and because of that they stopped the renovations. The daughter of the Duke of the castle threw herself out of that window in the 15th Century. It's said that her ghost is there harassing people.
By the way if you look at the window you can see the orb's reflection in the top left pane!

It was really strange. Just like the one I captured in the Great Hall. Here:

The story behind this one is that in the 17th Century the owner of the castle used to keep exotic pets. This orb is apparently the Ghost of a Chimpanzee he kept. Obviously you can take the stories with a pinch of salt but the orbs are fascination and cannot be explained away by dirt on the lens.

One thing is for sure though, Ghost Orbs (If that's what they are) are not the same as UFO's especially the one I saw in 2008. That was a massive metallic disc!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

the short answer is that they only show up to certain people

And when they do it is up close and personal, there is no denying it. I always thought the aliens had technology whereby not only could they cause that physical paralysis that they do to us, but also have the means to allow or disallow a person to see their craft or them, for that matter. Perhaps, if my theory is correct, they can only manipulate one or a few people at the same time, and not large crowds.

I also agree with the lack of opportunity and/or shock element in taking pictures of UFOs, because while travelling in the Summer I always have my camera ready, but just last year my husband pointed up in the sky without saying a word and there was a silver oddly-shaped metalic object just hovering above us. Did I grab my camera? Nope, but then we were in traffic and had to get going.

My questions are "Is there nobody on the ISS station taking pics during work breaks?", "Do amateur astronomers not have cameras attached to their scopes?" I keep asking "Where are the clear, closeup shots?".

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

stevcolx

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's exactly what a speck of dust looks like when it's too close to the lens to be in focus and the flash hits it and light it up brightly because it's so close to the flash. Given the shabby condition of that room I'd be surprised if there weren't some dust specks floating around.

stevcolx
By the way if you look at the window you can see the orb's reflection in the top left pane!
That's obviously not a reflection, it's the wrong angle to the window and wrong size for a reflection. It's another speck of dust.

This is a known photographic phenomenon called bokeh so I wouldn't call it an orb, and it's certainly no evidence for a ghost. Here's the explanation in more detail:

ORBS : Most Are Not Paranormal

The reason for this is that the flash illuminates dust particles that are drifting very close to it. These reflect light back into the camera lens, but they are too close to be in focus. A lens sees an out-of-focus point of light as a 'circle of confusion', and the more out of focus it is, the larger the circle. It is the circle-of-confusion image on the film or digital photo that appears as an orb. When the flash is close to the lens, the cone of light that it puts out intersects with the conical-shaped coverage of the lens. This overlapping area is where dust particles (or airborne water droplets, tiny insects etc) will become 'orbs'.
This photographer made some example "orbs" by fluffing a cushion:

There's plenty of real wonder and mystery in the world, without having incorrect explanations for well-known phenomena.

edit on 18-2-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

stevcolx

My garage is full of the wee ghosties. :-)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

Steven Greer will take you on a tour of an invisible spaceship, if you promise not to take any pictures (what difference that would make I don't know since it's invisible). Unfortunately, he won't take invisible money.

I wish I was making this up but I'm not.

And for a few dollars more he'll take you on a tour of his invisible shirt, if you promise to take pictures.

I wish I was making that up, but I'm not.

edit on 18-2-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you could create a device that can pull memories and images from my brain then you will see what i believe to be 3 genuine "UFOS' which i have seen over the last 4 years. I think that just because credible photos dont exist even though there are a vast amounts of recording mediums around does not mean 'UFO' aren't real. Also Aliens obviously are not stupid i mean why use an alien aircraft in our skies when you can hide in plain sight by using a plane or helicopter or drone which resemble our own. There are also factors such as camouflage, speed, invisibility cloaking from visual and radar detection as to why we aren't able to see them and take photos . I know that all my sightings never lasted more than 15 seconds or so no where near enough time to get a camera out and record the event for all to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's exactly what a speck of dust looks like when it's too close to the lens to be in focus and the flash hits it and light it up brightly because it's so close to the flash. Given the shabby condition of that room I'd be surprised if there weren't some dust specks floating around.

That's obviously not a reflection, it's the wrong angle to the window and wrong size for a reflection. It's another speck of dust.

I would agree there, there are even other signs of dust in the outside picture. But this is partly about what the thread's concern is. As far as the digital stuff is concerned, anything tricky goes and can be..and is done, as well as having it's own anomalies and camera artifacts, just as film has. So pictures and video or film, are not evidence of anything on their own, whereas anecdotes and physical evidence are more convincing. There's more, documentary makers on the subject of UFO's usually have one of two objectives, (1) entertain, with the end result of something unconclusive and (2) go for the debunk after toying with the idea that there was a real event then 'demonstrating' how it could not be so, using the LCD of possible cases. For Instance the UFO over the dome of the rock. I looked at a documentary that included 'footage' of that in a repeat the other night. The footage that was used was actually the very worst version, a still picture with a wobbly white 'orb' in view that bore no relation to the other more clever versions, while the whole event was an hoax anyway. That Docu also featured Roswell, with the premise that sticky tape with funny logos, could not be recognised as sticky tape, logos or no. That was the basis of the whole documentary.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

soul44
If you could create a device that can pull memories and images from my brain then you will see what i believe to be 3 genuine "UFOS' which i have seen over the last 4 years. I think that just because credible photos dont exist even though there are a vast amounts of recording mediums around does not mean 'UFO' aren't real. Also Aliens obviously are not stupid i mean why use an alien aircraft in our skies when you can hide in plain sight by using a plane or helicopter or drone which resemble our own. There are also factors such as camouflage, speed, invisibility cloaking from visual and radar detection as to why we aren't able to see them and take photos . I know that all my sightings never lasted more than 15 seconds or so no where near enough time to get a camera out and record the event for all to see.

So you dont think there is any other possible reason for your sightings other than aliens? People see UFOs all the time doesnt mean they're aliens. Just like people that take photos of dust think its a ghost. See cameras are funny if you didnt see it until after you looked at the photo than it was something really small caught by the flash. Ive seen insects people swear is a ufo because it looks different on film. Just because you have no explanation for what you saw doesnt mean it had to be aliens. Im going to be honest anyone that claims multiple sightings sends off alarm bells for me. Sightings are so rare and one individeal has multiple its like being struck by lightning several times. This tells me the person is predisposed to think it was aliens they saw.
edit on 2/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Chazam

Ordinary people have a much harder time getting good pictures in more difficult situations now than before. And with more difficult situations I mean taking a photo in low light, maybe of an object moving at high speed. And at a significant distance. You might think that today's technology would give us better oportunities but think about it for a second. People dont carry big cameras around anymore, not even at travels. Older manual film cameras that everyone used to have had much larger sensors (full frame), and faster lenses. Most people today carry only a cell phone, with which you can get a great photo of you spouse standing in front of you in good light, but it's horrible for anything else. Cell phone cameras do what they are supposed to do, they are not designed to do anything else. Then there are quite a lot of bird photographers out in the woods with insane equipments, but they rarely show any interest in this field. They are busy tracking down hawks and eagles so you wont get any help from them =) .

And among all the sightings each year, maybe a small fraction is something worth looking in to. I doubt our skies are infested with creatures from other planets or other realities. If they are here, they are probably both very few and very rare.

I'm not sure that I agree with the picture you're painting here, although I do agree with some of your points.

I think "ordinary people" struggle to get good pictures just as much as they always have. Until there is a "truly smart" camera invented that can cope with "difficult situations", people who don't take the time to learn about how to tackle "difficult situations" and use the features of their cameras to their advantage will always struggle.

Yes the cameras that most now carry (cell phones etc) are no match for most dedicated cameras, but they are getting better. Higher specification cameras become more affordable each year, but even if you give the highest spec camera in the world to a monkey it's likely
that the result will not me good shots!

I do think that the type of people who who carried film SLR cameras in decades past are still around today and the vast majority carry around DSLR cameras instead, my self included. I think this section of camera owners is significant since there are more than ever before, and now more than ever before telephoto lenses have proliferated. Combined with today's high resolution/low noise/high ISO DSLRs, the problems associated with low light and motion blur are starting to become less of an issue.

Not having a "full frame" camera is also fast becoming irrelevant, up to a point anyway. Today's APS-C (regular sized DSLR) sensors are arguably better than yesterday's FF sensors, which were not bad in many cases. All the signs today are that in the near future (5-10 years) there will be radical advances in the sensor tech available to people on "amateur budgets". The sorts of sensors that today cost $30,00 or $60,00 will likely cost $100's, and sport breathtaking sensitivity whilst still having relatively little noise.

The "problem" with hunting for UFOs with high spec gear, is that you often "zoom in on a UFO" to find that it's just a balloon, or a plastic bag, etc., but these are the people most lightly to get good shots if there really is anything unusual out there, so I think thesearchfortruth is right to question why, and to suggest that the lack of any good photographs suggests that whatever is going on is probably not that unusual.

I don't buy the "only visible to certain people" excuse - it's just another way of saying "I see something I want to believe is alien although you see satellite flares/aircraft/birds/etc... let's keep it at that shall we? "

Even if something itself is invisible, if it were to move at high speed (as people claim) collisions with air molecules would reveal it's presence, just as a meteoroid (which would otherwise be invisible) does when it enters our atmosphere and produces a meteor.

On the other hand there is also growing evidence that how people see is affected by many factors, and it can not always be taken for granted that what is seen is what actually happened, so for me that suggests an explanation for the "only visible to certain people" crowd.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

As for the 'visible to only certain people' theory, don't forget that large crowds of people, including high ranking officials, also view UFO's (not necessarily alien craft) and this is well documented. As for viewing alien craft up close, a great many people claim they have experienced this, and, yes, of course there are many different explanations, so some say that 'seeing is believing' and others say that 'believing is seeing'.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join