It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So how do you like the proof of the invisible unicorn head, that I mailed to you.

It should be at your door by now. I specifically asked for rush delivery.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

sn0rch
well, I could use the old saying an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

but it's a bit clichéd. so instead I will say, how do we know that the photographic evidence we do have, is not legit, or how can we be sure it is not.

It would certainly help to have an abundance of it, sure. I agree with that. But we're humans. We do not always look up. We do not always notice the obvious. We often see what we want to see, and our minds let us see what we choose to see.

so it doesn't prove anything to me. one way or another. even with a plethora of evidence, I would need far more than a photograph, or video clip. I would need supporting anecdotal evidence by many numerous unrelated witnesses.

and certainly not all of them on youtube.

By definition, UFOs do exist. Any object you see in the sky that cannot be identified is an UFO. The extrapolation or the leap that people make without evidence is that these UFOs must be extraterrestrial. There's not a whole lot of evidence to support that (and no, neither "channeling" nor hypnotic regression are evidence.)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes, I agree, to me its 95% of ufo's can be explained, BUT its about 5 % that cannot, and at least a part of that I believe is that ets are definitely a possibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

When my kid's doing something adorable and we want to take a picture, we can rarely get the camera out and have her stay in one place long enough to get an actual picture. She's five. And she lives with us.

If we can't even capture a little kid who lives with us on camera, it's not that hard for me to believe that people don't have pictures of these totally unexpected and stunning sightings in the sky.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
double post - my fault this time
edit on 17-2-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Not sure about others but of the 2 unidentified sightings I've had...one occured in 1996, well before cell phone cams were common place. The second sighting was too far up for a camera to get a decent pic.

And as far as night time pics...I discount almost all of the "lights in the sky" pictures, as they could be almost anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Me personally i think the op makes a valid point there are over 270 million cell phones just in the United States alone. Thats 270 million people carrying around a camera and a video recorder yet all we get is pictures of fuzzy lights in the sky or CGI videos on youtube. But thanks to cell phones we do catch some hilarious stuff people post on youtube.So with that many potential witneses we must come to a couple of different possibilities. 1 st being UFOs arent seen that often really rare occurrence. As for not wanting them taken aliens cant alter physics if the human eye can see it so can a camera. If they were going to stop you they could using an EMP pulse but the problem is that damages it permanently its not going to work afterwards. Short of that unless they use magic the camera will work. The camera thing was started in the 60s and that was before digital cameras and well i dont care how advanced they are they can't stop film from recording an image if it could be seen with the persons eyes. So that really was never a valid argument to me usually meant they were lying about the encounter. thats a large percent of those unknown people who get a kick out of fooling people. You have these people that will claim weird things like iive seen hundreds of UFOs yet no one else seems to even their friends and families. Id really like to believe no wait want to believe we arent alone in the universe. But the more we search and find nothing the more difficult it gets to believe we may not be the only intelligent life in the universe but we could easily be the only intelligent life in our galaxy.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Might I assume from the wording of your posting that you are willing to agree to the possibility that neither you nor I actually exist?

You see I have never met you nor have you met me.
I have never seen a picture which can be claimed to show your likeness nor have you seen a picture of me.
It is extremely possible for one, or both, of us to simply be a "secondary" personage of some other member of ATS who likes to make entries under assumed names.

With this in mind I think you can now better understand how, while not proving a negative, it can be very easy to explain how some things simply do not exist; even without any evidence which does not exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Specimen
So how do you like the proof of the invisible unicorn head, that I mailed to you.

It should be at your door by now. I specifically asked for rush delivery.

I'm sure it's valid, but could be hard to read.

That is, proof of an invisible unicorn head must by necessity be itself invisible.

Remember to tip the delivery guy - use invisible money!

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Just like my sighting a while back. Both me and the kiddo had phones with cameras, but it didn't last long enough to get it on film. Plus, that was the last thing on my mind. I was stunned by what I was seeing. It wasn't before well afterwords when I actually thought, "Man, I should have taken a picture".

The last time I tried to record and or take a pic of an object it wouldn't even show up. (iPhone 4s).??? Tees me off

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Specimen

My point is ridiculous as your thread title. UFO photo prove they don't exist. Is that an oxymoron?

At least you agree it's ridiculous.
My thread title is as follows: "Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist"—meaning that in my opinion, photos (or in this case the lack of them) are the greatest evidence against UFO existence. As I have already explained, I believe there is evidence for and against ET UFOs. In this thread I am bringing up one of the skeptical arguments. People seemed to have jumped to the conclusion that this means I don't believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ordinary people have a much harder time getting good pictures in more difficult situations now than before. And with more difficult situations I mean taking a photo in low light, maybe of an object moving at high speed. And at a significant distance. You might think that today's technology would give us better oportunities but think about it for a second. People dont carry big cameras around anymore, not even at travels. Older manual film cameras that everyone used to have had much larger sensors (full frame), and faster lenses. Most people today carry only a cell phone, with which you can get a great photo of you spouse standing in front of you in good light, but it's horrible for anything else. Cell phone cameras do what they are supposed to do, they are not designed to do anything else. Then there are quite a lot of bird photographers out in the woods with insane equipments, but they rarely show any interest in this field. They are busy tracking down hawks and eagles so you wont get any help from them =) .

And among all the sightings each year, maybe a small fraction is something worth looking in to. I doubt our skies are infested with creatures from other planets or other realities. If they are here, they are probably both very few and very rare.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

That is a good point. Thought the number of cameras available to people has gone up, the quality has probably gone down.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

O there is video proof out there in the tons of would be real footage, claim to fame, or pranks. It just whether the Eyes can accept certain ufos, since some, if ever seen get to see one with the human eye...The very nature of highly advanced Ufo is at best an illusion. And if you do get see one, I guarantee you, video footage won`t impress.

Here is a video, that would give an example of what I mean, cause something like this, is as real as you can get.

Its good to be skeptical, but I find evidence anti-climatic at times, much like getting socks instead of that tranformer toy you always wanted.

And if you thought that one was fake, you should see orange UFOs, they will make you think you smoked crack, when you know you didn`t, but sometimes you wish that was the excuse.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh please.....Even if dem said UFOs landed on the W.H,ya will claim its a false flag,its from the U.S military....The fact,except for an actual invasion(yes invasion,not contact),people who are not ready to challenge their set of mind,will deny it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Seagull.

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

For example fairies may exist but do to the lack of evidence its very unlikely.

so you mean there is still a chance!

This is a good example of distinguishing possibility from probability. Just because something is possible, does not mean it has occurred or ever will occur. I would say its still possible that fairies exist but there is no way to determine likeliness or unlikeliness. Fairies are invisible so the lack of evidence is to be expected.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I witnessed a ufo in Keremeos BC Canada in the mid-90's while at a fruit stand on a family road trip. Every one (50+ people) were paralized with fear as we saw a rotating disc shape object rise from be hind the mountain. It hovered about a 100 feet above the tree tops, it then started to come towards us and decending, then it stopped less then a km away from us, hovered again, and took off straight up in the air at really unimaginable speeds. We were scared for our lives as we have never EVER seen anything like that before (still to this day). Having grown up in the forestry industry and knowing the size of trees in the area I was able to roughly guess the size to about 200+ feet in size, THIS SHIP WAS MASSIVE.

Until you actually witness one of these accounts you will not know how you will react.

It is a moment that can change you for the rest of your life.

I understand it is a hard concept for most people to grasp and I understand what I saw in the 90's could have been man made and not Aliens. I am open to that after researching TR-3B's and all that jazz, but this was no TR-3B. This was a round object rotating, It was not a triangle craft. This thing was as real as these words are in this post. It was so traumatizing for one of my little brothers that he never talked about it until this past new years when I brought it up and asked him if he remembered it. He all of a sudden had this look of horror on his face, almost as if it was his worst nightmare come true.

Another thing is that the good evidence is never released to the public. Why? because either people are too scared to release it out of fear, Gov organizations usually sweep in and talk to witnesses and try to intimidate them into handing over the evidence or to never release it. I truly believe that there is a MIB style force that silences real ufo reports here in north america.

It looked more like the infamous Nazi UFOs.

I personally know that there is an existence of Circular disc shaped air craft at least in Canada..... (maybe it was a newer version of the avro car??)

What I suggest you do is go to one of these ufo hotspots and try to catch one on film your self.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

mikell
I did a little test 2 weeks ago. I always carry a camera in my pocket for whatever reason just always have.

A huge hawk came down from wherever and was flying right in front of my truck I was doing about 30 mph. I reached into my pocket as fast as I could and pulled it out and turned it on the hawk was moving to the side the up and gone. 5 seconds 10 maybe camera out and nearly up but gone. Probably could have stopped and gotten out but it was a test and I failed to catch the IFO with camera handy and as ready as I could be. Lots of UFO sightings are like that probably most are.

On the same note: I have been trying to capture pictures of the red tailed hawks around here. I have a few shots but I can't carry the camera around all the time. So I sight them flying over the hood of my car while driving (even if I had the camera can't drive and take a picture at the same time) or if I have the camera I don't see them. It's a grab bag.
Take that into to the lack of UFO pictures. Yes I'd like to get a picture of them too but so far no co-operation! How long does it take to decide there is something worthy of a picture? That can take quite a while before grabbing for the device. Then the moment is gone and so it continues...
If your electronics gets messed up that might be the sign of a true encounter. The absence of visible evidence might be evidence on rare occasions....

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

A bird, a plane, super man, or venus. It still a movin white dot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join