It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Brighter

Oh and by the way, just to preempt your perfunctory 'psychological' explanation, don't forget to address Dr. John Mack's assessment of the case, who happened to be a Professor at Harvard Medical School, and have attained his M.D. from Harvard as well).

John Mack... the guy whose work relied upon "recovered memories" through the use of regressive hypnosis?

Try getting that admitted as evidence in a court of law. :-))

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

I'm missing the part where ALL the crazy astronauts are in this story.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have grown to be HUUUGE skeptic, having read and "studied" a lot about the subject already.

I am basically rejecting 99,99% of so called "sightings" as presented in the media, youtube, forums etc.

But this does not mean that legit sightings EXIST. They do exist.

But UFOs are a rare phenomenon. The fact that the phenomenon has made it into popular mainstream media, TV, movies and that forums exists does NOT make the phenomenon more "common", just the hype/fascination about it.

The good sightings are still as rare/uncommon as they ever were. And this is the reason we don't get a flood of genuine photos/videos which are really convincing, footage etc. which shows something truly extraordinary.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It may be that we are looking in the right place, but not the right way. Unfortunately, my camera is not DSLR, just off the shelf digital, but for those here that may have an interest in full spectrum photography, I offer this information. Although, I will attempt to play with the minimal manual settings available to see if I am able to turn off certain filters.

"Cameras can be modified to see further into the light spectrum than we can see with our naked eye. This gives us the ability to see areas of light normally unseen which may be being projected from extraterrestrial objects. On one end of the spectrum is Infrared (or IR) while on the opposite end is Ultraviolet (UV). Cameras can be modified through adjusting or removing filters to see deeper into either end of the spectrum. Conversion of the camera to see deeper into both IR and UV is called Full Spectrum.

There are different theories as to what constitutes good Full Spectrum. In some cases the filter is removed and in others it is replaced to see IR and UV but NOT the visible spectrum. I consider the latter (where visible light is blocked) as a multi-spectrum modification, not Full Spectrum. While this method may be practical for daylight uses where bright visible light can overlap the IR and UV this is not an issue when conducting nighttime paranormal investigations in mostly dark."

www.ufostop.com...

"An off-the-shelf digital camera contains an infrared hot mirror filter that blocks most of the infrared and a bit of the ultraviolet that would otherwise be detected by the sensor, narrowing the accepted range from about 400 nm to 700 nm.[2] Replacing a hot mirror or infrared blocking filter with an infrared pass or a wide spectrally transmitting filter allows the camera to detect the wider spectrum light at greater sensitivity. "

en.wikipedia.org...

How to:

www.extremetech.com...

edit on 21-2-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Oh and by the way, just to preempt your perfunctory 'psychological' explanation, don't forget to address Dr. John Mack's assessment of the case, who happened to be a Professor at Harvard Medical School, and have attained his M.D. from Harvard as well).

Awesome. Then we should discuss the similarities between the "entities" that are seen while under the influence of hallucinogens and Mack's "entities". Dr Rick Strausman is also notable.

As far as what children saw in Zimbabwe and then later recalled, doesn't add much. How many actual witnesses? How much variation between accounts? Which ones were presented? Can we examine ALL of the testimony or are we stuck with the ones that "appear" more like aliens? What about the rest if the children that didn't see anything or saw something else more earthly? Does that testimony exist or was it ignored.

If you can't answer these questions then I can't take it seriously.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Actually you're making an almost embarrassing mistake. Reread my post. Again. I know some might find the difference between an outright assumption and a suggestion based on speculation a little difficult to wrap their mind around, but it can be done

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

draknoir2

Brighter

John Mack... the guy whose work relied upon "recovered memories" through the use of regressive hypnosis?

Try getting that admitted as evidence in a court of law. :-))

If you study the case you'll realize that the witnesses did not require "regressive hypnosis" to recall the event. They're wide awake while recounting their experiences. The case is very strong and well documented, and, sans the possibility of cultural prejudice clouding ones rational judgment, would in fact be upheld in a court of law.

And even so, regression techniques, when applied by a capable therapist, can be extremely helpful in uncovering detail from long forgotten events. I admit it's an unusual technique, but I'm not going to judge something based on some superficial properties. It's a tool just like any other tool. It can be abused or it can be used with responsibility. But I see what you're doing here. You're pointing to an unrelated aspect of someone's past or of their personality, and leveraging a certain cultural prejudice regarding that aspect in an attempt to discredit a separate event. It's neither an intellectually honest nor accurate means of analyzing a situation, yet it's employed quite often.

Anyway, here's an interesting quote by one of John Mack's friends from Harvard, Dr. Rudy Schild, Professor of Astrophysics:

"The astronomical view today is that probably any star in the sky that you would look at probably has one habitable planet. And so, it almost takes a great act of religious fervor to believe that life did not start somewhere else in the universe. I would say that, when I listen to these experiencers and their stories, I find in them an incredible coherence; in other words, if they were just trying to just make up some story, I don't think that they could make up fifteen or twenty facts that all are compatible and self-consistent in a picture of a distant civilization. In this way, I could persuade myself the way John Mack has persuaded himself, that these people are not making this up."

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
Awesome. Then we should discuss the similarities between the "entities" that are seen while under the influence of hallucinogens and Mack's "entities". Dr Rick Strausman is also notable.

That's tempting to do, but would simply be begging the question. Dr. Strassman's subjects also experienced visions of humans while under the influence that hallucinogen. Are you going to take that as evidence for the non-existence of humans? Or were you suggesting that all 62 children were tripping on a potent hallucinogen at the same time? Not exactly sure where you're trying to go here...

ZetaRediculian
As far as what children saw in Zimbabwe and then later recalled, doesn't add much. How many actual witnesses?

Please tell me you're kidding. I'm going to make the brash assumption that you have a computer and access to the Internet. Use it.

There were I believe 62 witnesses. The accounts are highly consistent to a degree that suggests what they were reporting was an actual, objective event of the kind that they described. Dr. Mack interviewed them personally and his professional opinion was that they were recounting an actual event. I believe he had roughly 40 years of professional experience as a psychiatrist at that point.

Many of the childrens' accounts were recorded and can be viewed online. There are also follow-up video interviews years later with some of those same children, and their stories remain consistent. I've never heard of a single one of them claiming that it was a normal experience, or of anyone ever recounting their claims, even years later.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Brighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's tempting to do, but would simply be begging the question. Dr. Strassman's subjects also experienced visions of humans while under the influence that hallucinogen. Are you going to take that as evidence for the non-existence of humans? Or were you suggesting that all 62 children were tripping on a potent hallucinogen at the same time? Not exactly sure where you're trying to go here...

let me be very clear. The only argument you have is more of the same garbage. your argument is 100% straw man and not really worth responding to in any intelligent way.

yeah, all the kids were tripping. Idiot.

how many straw man argument can you produce? So far I think all the astronauts are crazy and now kids that see and recall something are tripping. Please go on with your fantastic ability to argue like a retard.
edit on 21-2-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There were I believe 62 witnesses. The accounts are highly consistent to a degree that suggests what they were reporting was an actual, objective event of the kind that they described. Dr. Mack interviewed them personally and his professional opinion was that they were recounting an actual event. I believe he had roughly 40 years of professional experience as a psychiatrist at that point.

great. Produce the actual witness reports. An "actual" event? Wow what an incredibly ambiguous find!

so apparently you give a lot of value to this case for some reason without really understanding much about anything related to human psychology. So if I produce 50 Harvard psychiatrists that disagree with the way this was investigated, do you throw that out?

honestly, this is a pretty poor case.

Many of the childrens' accounts were recorded

yes, "many". Why is it so hard for people to produce actual numbers? Is it always going to be a vague, ambiguous number. How can I take this seriously? If you have real documentation, produce it. Please don't bother with hand selected accounts from ufo documentaries and ufo web sites.
edit on 21-2-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ironic that you've authored [and linked in your sig] three threads, all dedicated to a skill you apparently lack.
edit on 21-2-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

draknoir2

Ironic that you've authored [and linked in your sig] three threads, all dedicated to a skill you apparently lack.
edit on 21-2-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

yeah the best one was about how the moronic skeptics resort to name calling. There is a serious lack of ability to reason and I have lost my ability to take it seriously.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

HomerinNC
I think alot of the issue is this:
The reason people have alot of pics/video of police shootings, etc because they are at EYE LEVEL, everyone is looking AHEAD of them, not many people are walking around looking UP

Homerinc, do you really believe what you have just posted, even for a moment? If you look ahead of yourself you see your horizon (up, down, ahead), if you are in a city I appreciate that may be blocked, but what proportion of people on earth that accounts for? Do you think if everyone even in a very blocked city suddenly looked up they would see things they could not explain or identify?

Sorry, but that really is quite limp. I've seen it on here before but never thought anyone took it seriously.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There were I believe 62 witnesses

You were led to believe there were 62 witnesses. There may have been 62 children at the school. I don't know. Wouldn't you expect 62 different accounts or are the handpicked 3 or 4 drawings that look like aliens good enough? What about the other drawings that look like some dude in sunglasses and long hair? I think there was 12 accounts on the video. The video which was heavily edited and which Dr Mack explicitly tells one kid to "imagine" what they wanted also "leads" you to believe it was aliens. You even state that Dr Mack could only determine that they saw something. Dr Mack also concluded that abductions were not physical events but only that they could not be explained by current models. This contradicts your good case for physical aliens.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
The good sightings are still as rare/uncommon as they ever were. And this is the reason we don't get a flood of genuine photos/videos which are really convincing, footage etc. which shows something truly extraordinary.

Agreed. "Real" UFO encounters are extremely rare. I would say that there could be less than one a year, and the odds of somebody having a good quality camera on hand when they happen are very slim.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian

There were I believe 62 witnesses

You were led to believe there were 62 witnesses. There may have been 62 children at the school. I don't know. Wouldn't you expect 62 different accounts or are the handpicked 3 or 4 drawings that look like aliens good enough? What about the other drawings that look like some dude in sunglasses and long hair? I think there was 12 accounts on the video. The video which was heavily edited and which Dr Mack explicitly tells one kid to "imagine" what they wanted also "leads" you to believe it was aliens. You even state that Dr Mack could only determine that they saw something. Dr Mack also concluded that abductions were not physical events but only that they could not be explained by current models. This contradicts your good case for physical aliens.

Actually there was only 12 children that claimed to see something at first this number is expanded to 62 because the kids were at recess. And of course the attention the kids were getting this number grew however i still dont think it reached 62. In fact we dont really know how many because of poor documentation. Then there is the pictures and wow are they different the shape of the UFO is inconsistent and pictures of the aliens again inconsistent.Basically with the way it was handled they end up convincing these kids there story was true.They biased the results watch the videos the children are being led in their testimony. It like me showing you a picture and saying look at this alien space ship. I didnt allow you to form your own opinion i told you what it is.Children are especially susceptible to this. So to sum it up makes a good story but little i the way of evidence the kids may have saw something but judging from their stories hard to tell what? Over all it just showed how not to conduct an investigation which is a shame because if there was anything there its tainted by how it was investigated.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Blue Shift

NoRulesAllowed

Agreed. "Real" UFO encounters are extremely rare. I would say that there could be less than one a year, and the odds of somebody having a good quality camera on hand when they happen are very slim.

This has always been my theory thats why i keep looking for that one needle in a hay stack. True we have sightings that just cant be explained is very rare id say one of couple of years. which mean 99.9999 of the stuff is just misidentification.Or in the case of black projects misdirection. As for that one sighting we haven't a clue what it is but i sure would like to know. But we cant make leaps of faith either having had an encounter i cant explain doesnt mean it was aliens it means i dont know.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Actually there was only 12 children that claimed to see something

of course but why not say its 62? And lets show the drawing that looks the most like a alien space ship and say that's what all 62 children saw. Its like an art contest. The drawings that don't look like aliens are from the kids that didn't get the best look of course.

I guess there was a naked whore monster living under my bed when I was 9. I have drawings to prove it!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian

Actually there was only 12 children that claimed to see something

of course but why not say its 62? And lets show the drawing that looks the most like a alien space ship and say that's what all 62 children saw. Its like an art contest. The drawings that don't look like aliens are from the kids that didn't get the best look of course.

I guess there was a naked whore monster living under my bed when I was 9. I have drawings to prove it!

The naked whore monster thing concerns me but seriously. Even the pictures the kids drew were different you can tell sci fi had alot to do with their drawings. My favorite was the one that looked like a hat with band around it and apparently flashed multiple colors. No one else oddly enough seemed to see that.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

One theory was that X-files had some influence on the drawings and the stories. Here is a pretty good write up www.realityuncovered.net...
the part about how mack confabulated the telepathic communication was spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join