It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one more sad little lie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just one more sad little lie.
No biggie. Just sad. This lying. Everywhere we turn.
They blow by us in such number now and with such speed we seldom notice.

Turned on the boob tube this evening and it immediately came on presenting a commercial.
Young couple sitting in a fast food joint, happy as can be. Talking to the camera they have their elbows on the table between them. They hold in their hands a burger or whatever. Blah blah blah thery say to the camera as they drool and lean into the sandwich and taking a bite roll their eyes in orgasmic delight.

How many lies in one little commercial? One that I had never noticed before is that they hold this one little dollar menu burger with both, both hands, resting their elbows on the table as if it was a full scale meal instead of a tidbit of only two or three bites that in reality can fit in the palm of my hand.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered you with this sad little glimpse of evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Don't watch TV.... I know TV is only a small part of the problem but stay clear and try keep your family away from the tube. i have not watched TV for about7 years or more now. Any TV shows i am interested in i watch online, any news i get online. Thats all i need. On a side note i have not owned a cell/mobile phone for 4 years. Greatest thing i ever did was give that up. Next facebook

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Right!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's marketing for ya. Marketing was created solely for the purpose of convincing people to want and buy stuff that they don't really need or want. The best way to do this of course is to Lie. Not all of it is a lie, but there is always some lying mixed in whether it's omitting something or just making up stuff or both. Mostly nowadays they don't even bother selling the product but instead sell the image and/or fantasy reality that they link to it. It's not about the true quality of the "Burger" for example. That would mean actually making a quality product and then using that as your selling point. They may fake the impression that's what it's about, but what they are really selling is that couple that's eating it and all the happiness and BS that allegedly comes with it.

P.S. Anyone in marketing who may be reading this BTW, I just wanted to let you know that your life has no meaning and that you are personally a hollow cavity of lies and shame. What you do for a living is a complete waste of humanities time and energy. Yes, that means you too...You should sell yourselves some poison margaritas and party with your bosses and co-workers.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I know the cake is a lie, but not the burger too...

damn it I like burgers

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

mOjOm

P.S. Anyone in marketing who may be reading this BTW, I just wanted to let you know that your life has no meaning and that you are personally a hollow cavity of lies and shame. What you do for a living is a complete waste of humanities time and energy. Yes, that means you too...You should sell yourselves some poison margaritas and party with your bosses and co-workers.

Sounds like a famous Bill Hicks moment i remember from years ago.

Bill Hicks Marketing go kill yourselves
edit on 16-2-2014 by hemogoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered you with this sad little glimpse of evil.

OP I have a horrible feeling your sniveling is way to early and will be replaced
by profuse lamentations of deep sorrow.

Maybe you're right..

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I find annoying in most burger commercials they are holding said burger up to their mouths with two hands and both little fingers UNDER it appearing its so large it has to be held up with those pinkies.

I also think they find actors/actresses with little mouths and hands to make the food appear larger than it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hemogoblin

I suppose it has it's similarities. That was a good bit from Hicks.

"Kill yourselves....I'm serious!! No, I'm not going for the 'self laothing' dollar'....you evil scumbags!!" (or something along those lines...)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself. Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalisation for what you do, you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show. Seriously, I know the marketing people: 'There's gonna be a joke comin' up.' There's no ****' joke. Suck a tail pipe, hang yourself...borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something...rid the world of your evil ******' presence.
Bill Hicks

Class

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

...a sad little glimpse of evil.

It is more like you are commenting on an observation that you have made - and - your cognitive dissonance helped you work out what you were absorbing and make sense of it.

Well when I say make sense of it - there is no sense in lying. I barely watch television anymore - I do admit I like to watch funny shows as laughter is so healing. Maybe I can encourage you to have a laugh - at least once every day.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey, If you don't want that burger; I'll eat it. You gonna eat them fries?
edit on 16-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

P.S. Anyone in marketing who may be reading this BTW, I just wanted to let you know that your life has no meaning and that you are personally a hollow cavity of lies and shame.

Thank you for that mojo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hemogoblin

Bill Hicks. wow. You might like Tom Waites singing "Step Right Up."

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

And another thing here is that people are lining up to take these rolls.
To portray these characters the liars want us to identify with.
All those everyday people competing to be part of the structure of deception.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

mOjOm
That's marketing for ya. Marketing was created solely for the purpose of convincing people to want and buy stuff that they don't really need or want. The best way to do this of course is to Lie. Not all of it is a lie, but there is always some lying mixed in whether it's omitting something or just making up stuff or both. Mostly nowadays they don't even bother selling the product but instead sell the image and/or fantasy reality that they link to it. It's not about the true quality of the "Burger" for example. That would mean actually making a quality product and then using that as your selling point. They may fake the impression that's what it's about, but what they are really selling is that couple that's eating it and all the happiness and BS that allegedly comes with it.

Somebody give this man (or woman) a microphone.

And all on our floating blue rock, just an insignificant accident amongst unfathomable infinity.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Thanx, but the last time I tried speaking up from atop my "soap box", Proctor and Gamble sued me for misuse of their product!! o.0

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Ah yes. The great deception. To make us think we want those things if we knew the truth about...we wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The fact that each American watches 2.8 hours of TV a day just blows my mind.

Along with spending 2 hours a day involved in social media on the internet.

It's no wonder marketing firms make stupid and false advertising ads-who can blame them-considering the brain dead people they are trying to get to buy something.

I did learn the so called classifications

Millennials (16-34)

Gen Xers (35-46)

Boomers (47-65)

Seniors (66+)

Take a wild guess which group these stupid burger commercials are aimed at?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That reminds me of this:

I think they have this guy's relatives doing those commercials, because the burgers on the dollar menu are usually the size of a fifty cent piece.

top topics

join