It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake handling preacher killed by snake

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I said it before and ill said it again, he died because god want his good soul at his side

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Those scriptures are questionable and are not found in all manuscripts, I learned this years ago, it is probable they shouldn't be there at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's another one of those things where people will say, "Oh my God, what a tragedy, how could this have happened?"

I tell you, I have a 7 foot long corn snake, which isn't poisonous, who has bitten me several times. It isn't the most pleasant feeling because they have some decent sized fangs. Only reason why the snake ever bit me was because I would snatch him out of his tank and mess with him for other's enjoyment. Big surprise, huh?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another atheist circle jerk thread!!! cheering on the death of another human being and talking about how you wish more Christians would die this way, and you say Christians are the ones filled with hate.

Matthew 4:5-7 ESV

Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

These people are dying by there own arrogance and stupidity. how is walking around with snakes helping anyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by whywhynot

Mark 16:18
English Standard Version (ESV)
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

just to point out :

no matter what definition of serpent is used , how many of this type [ snake handling congregations ] follow the second fragment of that verse ???????? . I cannot find any record of a congregation that does it

its my opinion that religious snake handling is a scam - subistuting a mix of good practice , good luck , knowledge of snake behaviour etc for aledged " protection through faith "

and further they don't ingest poisons - because they know full well that the LD100 of a toxic compound is absolute

You are right! Their supposed faith in Christ protects them, right. Then I wonder how they would explain a "godless" Hindu snake charmer escaping the fatal bite of the cobra? lol

Here is an example of how I handle deadly serpents:

edit on 17-2-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

Actually we're just pointing out how terminally stupid the guy was. Literally.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

beezzer
His was the ultimate example of personal responsibility.

If you're gonna go, go by doing what you want.

I can see it now me eating myself to death with gummi bears.

Second.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Realtruth

I can see it now me eating myself to death with gummi bears.

Second.

That's a very, very nasty way to go - www.metro.us...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

bigcountry08
Another atheist circle jerk thread!!! cheering on the death of another human being and talking about how you wish more Christians would die this way, and you say Christians are the ones filled with hate.

Matthew 4:5-7 ESV

Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

These people are dying by there own arrogance and stupidity. how is walking around with snakes helping anyone.

WRONG!!!!

The Devil (tm) went down to Georgia because he was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind .......

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Mother nature: 1
$upreme Deity: 0
Brainless Idiot: -1

(-1 as in, one less idiot polluting the gene pool)
edit on 17/2/2014 by BMorris because: Added a sentence

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
He believed superstition would protect him from a snake bite. He found out otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

whywhynotHere is an example of how I handle deadly serpents:

How you gonna cook that critter up with shot all through the middle of it? You gotta aim for the head, you cut that bit off anyhows.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

The snake got a head shot shortly after I grabbed the pic. I wanted the head to id the species. There are some neurotoxin species out here that are particularly dangerous and I wanted to know. Meat? Tastes like chicken….#. lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join