It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I vote A and E.

We went to the moon, but to divert tax money to "other" programs we staged, yes faked, several after.

That's all I'm saying.

Sirric

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Agree with A. Multiple visits to the lunar surface.

Agree with B. Discovered unknown entities and/or structures and were warned off of making further trips by those entities and/or discoveries.

Agree with C. I believe it entirely possible and probable we've made repeated, un-announced return trips to the moon and other locations.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

There are too many accidental occurrences that show that man was on the Moon, such as the accidental pendulum created by a loose strap while unpacking the LM on Apollo 14 which demonstrates no atmosphere and a gravity of 1.62 m/s^2.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
To the people that think that the Soviets would have picked up on a hoax...weren't they being fed the same transponder data as ground control? Transponder data which could be faked given they had sent unmanned missions before this and could just broadcast replicated data while the spaceship hung around in earth orbit?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Seeing as you had to use big parabolic high gain antennas to communicate with the craft, it's not possible to 'hang around in Earth orbit', you have to point the dish at the place the craft has to be. It would be immediately obvious.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
E. we went to the moon but faked the video.

most moon hoaxers believe because of issues with the video.

so in a way both sides could be right. that would be funny.

if it were a PR event, which it was, we couldn't have crap quality video could we?

this is USA after all. better be safe and film a fake version too.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
have to go with C here as we have been spoonfed way to much bulldust to accurately know unless actually having been on the ground during the missions

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

zeroflash
E. i belive that america faked the landing footage to beat the soviets, needing to be the first one to land on and claim the moon would be a big win for the simple fact the winning country would have aquired a mass amount of free land and worldwide plublicty in history, but theres been alot of speculation about stanley kubrick and his involvement with the filming of the landing, its definatly worth reading about if you arnt famailer with this story, their is to much evidence of radiation in space that spacecraft made in the 60's would not be able to protect humans from, not to mention no other countries have ever been able to sucessfully attempt or suceed

Except that America did not get there first. Russia landed an unnamed craft on the moon in 1959. Russia got a satellite up before us too. They were actually ahead of us in the race for space but we won by manning a mission and sending them into space and to the moon. We were ahead then only by a breath as the Soviets were right on our tail at the time.
Russia's successes were not paraded out in front of the American people for us to admit but all of their failures made big news.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Just a reminder: the purpose of this thread is to tally the number of people who have various attitudes to the historical events, not to debate the merits of each stance.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just roughing it because I am so impatient. DJ will no doubt give us the perfectly accurate count.

A=29
B=8
C=13
D=4
E=9

I didn't read all the stories to figure out votes but I did include the 2nd and 3rd choices.

I think it's interesting so far

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A.
So there.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

I think those numbers are interesting too.

Especially considering this is a conspiracy site (among other things).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

CJCrawley
A.

I used to be a hoax fan because there are certain anomalies that I find troubling... most notably, why has the US never returned to the moon, why have Russia and China never even been once?

Yes..I second that.

Why spending and investing billions of dollars to get there.... I do not buy it that all the effort was for showing Newton was right by dropping a feather and a hamer.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

They didn't..

They went there to beat the Soviets to the moon which had you not been alive then wouldn't know what that was all about. They also went to bring back moon rocks, do scientific research etc. Another major reason they didn't keep going was simply because it was right after the Vietnam war. The US was going broke after almost ten years of war couple that with the US public being bored with the moon landings. Why Bored? NASA is Boring, that's why and the US public also questioned whether it was worth it spending even more Billions after already beating the Soviets.

Around the same time they then started planning on a Shuttle fleet which would take a considerable about of resources etc.

The rest is history.

Literally
edit on 17-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

howmuch4another
Just roughing it because I am so impatient. DJ will no doubt give us the perfectly accurate count.

A=29
B=8
C=13
D=4
E=9

I didn't read all the stories to figure out votes but I did include the 2nd and 3rd choices.

I think it's interesting so far

Thank you. For those who answered with multiple letters, I have chosen the one that seems to best agree with their opinion. As of this post, the tally is as follows:

A= 27
B= 4
C= 8
D= 4
E= 7

Although it is too small a sample to be truly significant, 50 responses is convenient for calculating. Given that members of this site can be expected to be familiar with all the arguments, pro and con, of each position, the results are actually somewhat surprising. 54% of respondents accept the historical record, whereas only 8% believe it was a hoax. This is actually a smaller percentage than some polls of the general public suggest! This being a conspiracy site, it is not surprising that 38% suspect that there may be some chicanery involved, without denying that the Moon landings actually occurred. This poll will remain open indefinitely, and I will update the figures periodically.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
D. There was simply no reason to go to the moon. We have been helped in what way by spending the massive amount of money that's been spent since the inception of NASA. To think about the computer power back in the 60's, I just don't see it as doable back then. The fact we just decided to never go back and Russia decided to not go at all.... There's a reason Russia did'nt go, maybe because they knew it was impossible. We may never know the real answer, but then again, that may be the plan.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

The herds were only shown so much. The rest has been reserved for the privileged, which was channeled to them through the Top Secret Black Space Program. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Yeah, I mean, look at the people who were alive back in the 60's, they were just stupid looking, the music they listened to, the cars they drove, they were practically cave-people, absolutely no way they could have figured out how to get to the moon, they probably thought that the moon was only a few hundred miles away or that you could make a space suit using a goldfish bowl and a sweater with a tight weave! Nope, not like nowadays where everybody is so much smarter, I mean I own a laptop, and also, I heard Louis Armstrong and Buzz Lightyear only had a calculator and a pencil and paper when they 'supposedly' landed on the moon, yeah right! I'm not buying that for a second.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

So was that
A
B
C
D
E
?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

What do you suggest?

I'd like to vote twice but that'd screw up the results.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join