It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure what happened but I can tell you that the majority who 'believe' use bullying (Stop it!), secondary evidence (The Russians would have exposed us), tangential evidence (we have laser reflectors).

I don't see anyone posting actual evidence that would be accepted for an Earth exploration (such as visiting the Antarctic).

(The Russians had their reasons for not exposing 'us' - they were busy faking their own orbital flights. Radar reflectors can be placed robotically.)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverick7

And the hoax believers use what kind of evidence exactly?

Maverick7
I don't see anyone posting actual evidence that would be accepted for an Earth exploration (such as visiting the Antarctic).

If humans presence in the Antarctic was contested as a conspiracy I can guarantee the same type of people who believe the moon landings were faked would be the on here propagating an "everything is a lie, we never made it to Antarctica" viewpoint. It would be quite plausible that one could expect to hear claims such as 'Stanley Kubrick was hired to shoot some fake Antarctic scenes whilst visiting the set of Empire Strikes Back' being tossed about for example.

edit on 19-2-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A. I just don't think a hoax on that scale could work.
I don't think the space program was bigger, or that we met ets cos I don't see moon bases, Mars trips and hover boards.
edit on 19-2-2014 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
double post
edit on 19-2-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'll go with C.
"C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed. "

I do no doubt for one second that we went to the moon. I have looked at the "evidence" provided by those who believe otherwise, and can safely say that much of it is based on untruths, misidentification or misinterpretation. Having said that, I do believe the space program was more extensive than publicly claimed at the time and obviously still to this day, it is no secret really. I am not talking about moon bases, or secret alien tech... that is utter nonsense. I'm rather referring to the overly advanced (for the time) technology that has been worked on & tested by the DoD hand in hand with NASA, but are not necessarily related to the Gemini/Apollo missions, although those two missions highly profited from the advances made in the military sector (most of which still remain classified today).
edit on February2014201419-0600fCST07America/Chicago7 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Are you still claiming that man has been to Antartica? It's been proven that that kind of cold would kill instantly (let alone the fact that no oxygen reaches Antartica, or the gamma rays are so strong that they would fry Antarticnauts as soon as they neared the shoreline). And nobody, I mean nobody, has ever encountered a herd of penguins and survived (my poor gramps was killed by a penguin once). I know, people will say the photographs from the South Pole prove the theory, but you must know, from studying the Moon hoax threads here, how easy it is to fake real events even as they occur. So take your "Man has been to Antartica" mindset to people who are easily fooled. Deny Ignorance, is what I always say, and I think in this case I've shown myself ignorantly denying indeed.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverick7

No evidence?

How about lunar soil samples returned by the US vs lunar soil samples returned by the Russians and how they are almost identical?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The correct term would be "Antarctic-nots" I believe.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Aleister

Are you still claiming that man has been to Antartica? It's been proven that that kind of cold would kill instantly (let alone the fact that no oxygen reaches Antartica, or the gamma rays are so strong that they would fry Antarticnauts as soon as they neared the shoreline). And nobody, I mean nobody, has ever encountered a herd of penguins and survived (my poor gramps was killed by a penguin once). I know, people will say the photographs from the South Pole prove the theory, but you must know, from studying the Moon hoax threads here, how easy it is to fake real events even as they occur. So take your "Man has been to Antartica" mindset to people who are easily fooled. Deny Ignorance, is what I always say, and I think in this case I've shown myself ignorantly denying indeed.

And the award of nutjob of the day goes to Aleister, congratulations mate. Keep denying reality and continue to live in a world where Antartica is devoid of oxygen (lol), bombarded with dealdy gamma rays (even bigger lol) and impossible for human kind to survive. If only you would have payed attention in science class... but yeah, who cares about reality and facts right buddy?

I so wish the foe function would be still here.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Clairaudience

Aleister

And the award of nutjob of the day goes to Aleister, congratulations mate. Keep denying reality and continue to live in a world where Antartica is devoid of oxygen (lol), bombarded with dealdy gamma rays (even bigger lol) and impossible for human kind to survive. If only you would have payed attention in science class... but yeah, who cares about reality and facts right buddy?

you missed it….it's called sarcasm. did you catch this part??

And nobody, I mean nobody, has ever encountered a herd of penguins and survived (my poor gramps was killed by a penguin once).

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maverick7

(The Russians had their reasons for not exposing 'us' - they were busy faking their own orbital flights. Radar reflectors can be placed robotically.)

Then, what about the picture of Earth from deep space..the whole hemisphere? We know the astronauts took that picture, they filmed as they set it up, in fact that was deemed to be trickery by an idiot documentary maker who shot himself in the foot by making that assertion, since the picture is known to be genuine and could only have been taken on the day the astronauts said it was taken since near Earth satellite imagery corroborates the Apollo picture. I consider that actual evidence. You, are free to ignore it of course.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually the Apollo Guidance Computer was a major technological breakthrough. MIT/Raytheon invented a pre-emptive real-time operating system (when such a concept hardly existed) and implemented it in a tiny amount of magnetic core memory.

This was actually important as during the descent certain lower priority tasks were correctly suspended and the critical ones continued to function for the first landing.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A little bit of A, and a little bit of C.

Mainly A.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

mbkennel
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually the Apollo Guidance Computer was a major technological breakthrough. MIT/Raytheon invented a pre-emptive real-time operating system (when such a concept hardly existed) and implemented it in a tiny amount of magnetic core memory.

This was actually important as during the descent certain lower priority tasks were correctly suspended and the critical ones continued to function for the first landing.

It was still pretty simplistic. Although not having to do nearly as much PMI as modern computers helps that a lot.

What is amazing to me is how elaborate SAGE was, given the limits of processor speed and memory size.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

smurfy

Maverick7

Then, what about the picture of Earth from deep space..the whole hemisphere? We know the astronauts took that picture, they filmed as they set it up, in fact that was deemed to be trickery by an idiot documentary maker who shot himself in the foot by making that assertion, since the picture is known to be genuine and could only have been taken on the day the astronauts said it was taken since near Earth satellite imagery corroborates the Apollo picture. I consider that actual evidence. You, are free to ignore it of course.

Taken from space, not on the surface. HTH

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Clairaudience

Aleister

Thanks, nutjob of the day is a proud title. Please read my post again, in the context of answering the post which I answered. Why would you think anyone on this site doesn't know that humans have been to Antartica? That's the point of the post, in my mind it's the same as thinking that humans didn't land on the moon and walk around half a dozen times, which is one of the wonderful achievements of the human race and of the 20th century.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
D

now that china is trying to do that, they may be allowed, due to strong bonds.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
[quote
A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s? YES

B) The American space program landed humans on the Moon, but there were extra-terrestrial encounters kept secret from the public. YES

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed. NO Now it is but not back then.

D) The American space program never landed humans on the Moon. False. We did land them on the moon.

E) Other (please describe in brief).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join