It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The space program can trace it's roots back to Roswell.

The tech that got the US to the moon to start with was retro engineered from UFOs, which is why Stanley Kubrick left hidden messages in his faked moon landing footage, which warned us about the secret bases on the dark side of the moon.

Or you could believe that wacky tale of how Apollo 11 was built and piloted by humans.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
B: I think they saw UFOs on the moon and needed to cover it up so they retook photos of the astronauts here in the desert to make it look like the moon, hence the anomalies in the photos.

There was a small blurb in a newspaper around 10 years ago saying some moon rocks in possession of a deceased person (can't remember who) were fake. Of course, I have no proof of this since I can no longer find the small article I clipped out.

That is just my theory.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
D:

America was in a space race that they were not about to lose especially to Russia. The moon hoax was necessary to maintain superiority. Not to mention that it was the middle of the cold war where disinformation and deception was common practice.

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. ~Sun Tzu
edit on 2/16/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

The tech that got the US to the moon to start with was retro engineered from UFOs

Wow.
UFOs must have some crappy and primitive tech, then. Today's phones make the tech used to get to the moon look like a slingshot aimed at the sky.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Other: they landed on the moon and for some reason (anything from some techie losing the film to hiding aliens can be considered) they had to re-shoot a lot of footage and pretend its on the moon. Explaining some really weird artefacts on some film and photos.

The fact that so many foots that seem quite legit moon photos look like they have been edited would seem to indicate that something is being hidden.

I'd like to believe that it is signs of either ancient human activity, alien activity or maybe humans from other time periods or reality streams. Maybe they're just hiding mining opportunities? Or our own advanced tech.

From the anomalies I've seen online, there is enough evidence to be beyond doubt of attempting to hide at least incompetence. Malice seems possible, even likely.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

DJW001

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

C. There is so much that they have kept from us. It boggles the mind to even speculate.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

beezzer

DJW001

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

C. There is so much that they have kept from us. It boggles the mind to even speculate.

Yes, I'm an A but C is also probably correct but worded not to include a yes or no on the moon question, when you count the military launches. At the time of the Apollo landings I don't know how many secret missions were being launched though, so A is my final answer (waits for buzzer, or beezzer).
edit on 16-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To those who chose C: Can you give examples? I chose B but I am curious about how extensive it could've been.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.

Indeed. American was shining brightly then, and the Soviet was watching very very closely. They'd have gleefully peed on our campfires and laughed as we choked on the steam of our own efforts going kaput in the mess.....if only we'd given them ONE inch to grab and run with. One major material lie within the US Space Program and Apollo missions would have been more than enough, I'd say. The Soviets would have declared a national holiday in thank you and go on to trash the US right into the dirt for years ...if only one inch had been given to start, IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

The tech that got the US to the moon to start with was retro engineered from UFOs

Wow.
UFOs must have some crappy and primitive tech, then. Today's phones make the tech used to get to the moon look like a slingshot aimed at the sky.

Undoubtedly, The musical birthday card I sent to my grandfather has more power than these supposed retro engineered spacecraft. But people swear that it's true believe it or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

B!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s

The Soviet Union Did Not Dispute It

No One on the Inside Disputed It
Top 5: Proofs That The Moon Landing Happened

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
C.

There are no UFOs. UFO sightings, including Roswell, are of US or UK tech of various generations. The whole "UFO mythos" is the world's most successful, longest running cover story.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
C

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
mostly A B and E.

America had a lot to gain from looking like they had got to the moon. They could have faked it and they could have gone there. The tech at the time says it was doable.

Does it REALLY matter?

Well i didnt get to go or "not go" so to me it doesnt mean anything really, it spurred a nation to climb dramatically through the ranks and came up with some pretty amazing technology's, weather they went or not, the technology (created as a resulted and used in general space travel/science) is certainly very real.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I got up to watch it on television in the middle of the night as did many parents and their children. And I don't know of anyone who did watch it on that original date of the 1st one in 1969...that believes it did not happen.

Im guessing the age of the average denier shows they weren't around to watch any of it, and due to being raised in a video-game environment...cant believe it wasn't faked because their video games aren't real, but appears to be.

Any opinion from a 45 year old or younger, made them a baby when the 1st event occurred. They hardly witnessed anything "live" like we did...on our 3 networks black and white televisions.

And events like 911, Bengazi, Sandyhook, Columbine, Katrina and the massive 5-6 state complete grid blackout for 3 days and other events today...will be declared "faked" by the babies in todays hospitals in 45 years all because with technology advances...they could have been, while we know now they were real events.

Show of hands? How old were some of you members during the early moon events? Ahh...ok, I see.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I am in a mixture of "A" and "C".

As one poster mentioned....we have a laser reflector up there....but that could have been placed by a robot (rover) I guess.

One of the most interesting things about the moon for me is when it rings like a bell for hours after we left and dropped our stage boosters back to the surface. (but again....on this one....the info is coming from NASA)

as for the "C"...while in the US Coast Guard....saw many things while out at sea....military operations that involved UFO's but that I think was just our own high tech stuff....going in and out of the atmosphere at will....etc etc....that is why I think we must have a huge black budget space program......

agree that Russia would call BS if we tried to fake it....unless there was some benefit to them not calling BS

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A)

Since I have never seen evidence proving the opposite. And the "evidence" I have seen supporting the hoax theory is sketchy and can be very easily debunked. (As with most conspiracy theories).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Since we've used the mirrors installed on the moon by the astronauts I'd have to say A.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

B and C

I believe we went but much of what actually happened was kept secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join