It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

What better way to quell the masses with victories and defeat, fake or real.

Have them believe games and contests are going on.

Control the games, the contests, make them real enough, which is FUN BEYOND for some!

Fooling most of the world is far better entertainment for some, and far more difficult in planning, detail etc.

In making space completely boring to the world, a victory has been had !

None of the pundits believing in the SLIGHTEST, that the world is not as it seems, they STRIDENTLY and VENOMOUSLY defend the proven LIARS showing them yet another show.

The Soviets felt victory and defeat, then abandoned moon plans for humans. ? ! ?

They did not expose the HOAX because it fits in BETTER with the overall plans of LIARS.

They TOO were attempting to HOAX everyone, and got beaten to the HOAX.

The people of earth were held absolutely spell-bound, and most are STILL in that same spell, just with more added on.

And now they still do not go to the moon, and in this state NEVER WILL, because the HOAX is far stronger as it is given!!!

NEVER ALLOW HUMANITY OUT FROM THE CLOAKS OF HOAX, THE FIRST AND LAST COMMANDMENT.
edit on 17-2-2014 by ParasuvO because: Rating

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Soviets had their own space exploration secrets they wanted kept...who's to say there wasn't a behind the scenes "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" deal going on.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

D

For many reasons, I have serious doubts about the technological feasability of such a venture in the late 60's early 70's.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Yeah, totally.

I mean look at this picture of Armstrong 'on the moon' and TELL ME NASA HASN'T MANIPULATED IT!!!!!

What a world some people live in eh?

(sorry DJ)

edit on 17-2-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

deadcalm

reply to post by SLAYER69

The Soviets had their own space exploration secrets they wanted kept...who's to say there wasn't a behind the scenes "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" deal going on.

And who's to say there was?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
D.

The technology was not available and there are too many obvious errors in photos and film that points to a hoax. The reason for the hoax was political as most things turns out to be when politics are involved. Just look at the Chinese moon rover. It got fried after just a day on the surface because of the unexpectedly harsh environment. That should definitely make people reconsider their beliefs in those six manned missions who practically went on without any problems at all some 40-50 years ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
To think about the computer power back in the 60's, I just don't see it as doable back then...

Actually, you could "do it" with something very like a sextant and a slide rule, but it's hard to do in real time. Remember, the onboard computer was doing pretty simplistic stuff, like timing motor burn times. And it didn't have graphic interfaces to deal with. You can do a lot with really basic processing, if you're not playing MP3s and supporting window interfaces.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd say its a toss up between B and C for me.

I've never bought into the whole moon landing is a hoax conspiracy. Too much evidence against it. I am 100% we sent people to the moon on July 20, 1969. Its what really happened when we got there that I wonder about. Reports of unidentified craft, ships already there waiting, telling us off, that intrigues me.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
D. There was simply no reason to go to the moon.

My theory is that we, as a species, were confronted by aliens who asked, are you space-fairing or not? If not, then the aliens may treat us differently.

So, it literally started a "space race", where we proved ourselves as up to the task...and good ol' USA put their stamp on it, gaining whatever alien favor from the feat.

It's in-fact the opposite of being warned-off, it was more of a dare. No need for continuous missions, my theory does explain a lot.

Count my response however.

edit on 17-2-2014 by DistantThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

deadcalm
reply to post by DJW001

D

For many reasons, I have serious doubts about the technological feasability of such a venture in the late 60's early 70's.

A.
Yep the SR=71 and the X-15 all done and designed with paper, pencils, imagination, and slide rules. Maybe that is why stuff worked back then!
We would have crashed on the first moon landing because the computer auto land was programed to the wrong landing spot. Armstrong saw they were nearing a rocky area so he disregarded the LM's automatic landing system and switched to manual control during the last moments of descent. Armstrong landed the LM on a safer, more suitable spot and was able to report, "Houston, Tranquility Base here...the Eagle has landed." I think they brought back close to 28 pounds of moon rocks.

Someday someone will return and take pictures of the moon buggy and the relics of the Apollo moon landing.. No doubt there will be those who claim fake also.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

DJW001
Some ATS members have claimed that surveys that show the vast majority believe that NASA landed humans on the Moon are flawed because most people have not heard the 'facts' as provided by Moon Hoax theorists, and that if people knew these 'facts,' the overwhelming majority would vote that the landings were faked. Since everyone at ATS has access to many threads about this subject, I would like to propose an ad hoc survey. Please respond with a short, simple reply. This is not a discussion, but a survey. Do you believe:

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s?

B) The American space program landed humans on the Moon, but there were extra-terrestrial encounters kept secret from the public.

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

D) The American space program never landed humans on the Moon.

E) Other (please describe in brief).

D...

but you know this about me already
FYI, if you're warm to google, you can make a survey in google docs, it's easy and gets the results you need.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'll go D but don't really know. What was fascinating was an article about how Stanley Kubrick was hired to shoot the landings, using advanced projection techniques, which helped finance 2001 Space Odyssey, and when he exposed them in Eyes Wide Shut, and balked at trimming footage, he was terminated. So, Stanley gets the memorial D vote.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by zatara

They didn't..

They went there to beat the Soviets to the moon which had you not been alive then wouldn't know what that was all about. They also went to bring back moon rocks, do scientific research etc. Another major reason they didn't keep going was simply because it was right after the Vietnam war. The US was going broke after almost ten years of war couple that with the US public being bored with the moon landings. Why Bored? NASA is Boring, that's why and the US public also questioned whether it was worth it spending even more Billions after already beating the Soviets.

Around the same time they then started planning on a Shuttle fleet which would take a considerable about of resources etc.

The rest is history.

Literally
edit on 17-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well maybe you are right, I cannot look into the mind of the politician who decided to show the Soviets just to go there because it is hard. And spent billions of dollars to do just that. Are there not moonrocks to be found on earth, isn't there a rock found from Mars? And since when do the US people decide how government money is spent? Maybe it should have been a millitary project, that way the opinion of the people wouldn't count.

And you say it yourself, the US public was bored and the government no money. Good reason to start a more expensive project with the space-shuttle. In my opinion it would be a better investment to find ways to settle on the Moon with a base and pick all the scientific advantages it brings. But then again, who am I to decide what to do with the US government money.

edit on 18/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

seabhac-rua

Yeah, totally.

I mean look at this picture of Armstrong 'on the moon' and TELL ME NASA HASN'T MANIPULATED IT!!!!!

What a world some people live in eh?

(sorry DJ)

Ok, but just for the record, is that Buckwheat, or just Gary Coleman all dusted out?
~$heopleNation
edit on 18-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

I have talked to people in the know. Not a single pound of hardware goes up without considering a dual function for its redundancy.

It is almost impossible for any space asset to exist exclusively for its original intended purpose. When its operating life runs out or a mission critical component malfunctions...things get sold or turned over to someone elses console.

This can be anticipated and planned. Once its up there the hard part of the task is behind you. How you use it depends on your needs at the time.

Need to find a lost mayan building covered in dense rainforest? Use a NASA deep space imaging satellite to search our planets surface (which many here know was done)....

need to get a communications array for a deep space forward base launched into space? Use a commercial communications satellite you know will be shut off or sold on X date...just to get your communications system up into space. By the time you need it you can just buy the satellite with the hidden "redundant" system installed or switch over control of it to whomever you like.

There is some interesting technology in space, much of which we have never seen.

We did get velcro, gel pens and tang though...so NASA did give us the good stuff. What more could there be?

edit on 2 18 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
D, without a doubt.

Once you get the modus operandi it all comes crystal clear. 9/11, 7/7 London bomings, Princess Di... the complete lack of hard evidence and the cover up of any evidence that does not adhere to the 'official story'.

I have had this debate with oh so many people and I dont push my views - I just ask questions and get everyone to ask the hard questions.

In the end everyone admits that the 'official story' is impossible and a lie.

Please give up on the Alien bases thing too.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here's my two cents on this subject! I had the distinct pleasure of having a sit down with a high level military individual ( I am not at liberty to disclose who this individual is or what branch of the military!)

What I'm about to say is hear say. Take it for what it's worth or not worth...

I can absolutely tell you that before I had the sit down with this individual, I was in the camp that we had landed on the moon and aliens were a figment of imagination gone a muck.

I remember when I first met this person, I said I was intrigued and excited, I asked this person if it was okay to asks questions that would probably be on the wild side. This person said you might have to talk to my attorney with a huge smile. But said they would entertain my questions as long as I did not touch on any subject matter that was deemed classified.

So here it goes;

First Question- Did we ever land on the moon? A: Huge laugh, with one arm across his waist and the other on his forehead slouching slightly forward. The moon landing was the biggest hoax ever pulled because it wasn't just at home but the world!
-As many on this forum have already alluded to, this individual stated that we did not have the technology to combat many of the obstacles that this endeavor would encounter; obstacle 1 - Radiation, it was said that in order to land on the moon any individual brave enough to take this challenge would be required to wear a suit made of at least minimum 1ft thick layer of lead to just barely avoid radiation sickness. Space suits in that era were far from meeting that criteria. 2. Another challenge was crossing the asteroid belt, albeit not as hard as one would imagine but definitely posed a real threat as any unforeseen small fragments/debris could impact the vehicle causing irreversible damage. The reward did not merit the risk. The US was in a space race with Russia and it did not intend to lose. The US proved right and captured the honors no matter how we supposedly got there! Put on your big boy pants and start talking to respectable scientists about radiation issues here on earth let alone space.

Second question- Are aliens real? A: Yes and our government is absolutely clueless about them. We have known about them for a very, very long time. Our government is beyond furious that we are being observed like goldfish in an aquarium there is nothing we can do about it, accept deny it. Their intelligence is beyond our scope at this time. We know certain habits they have and have recovered extraterrestrial artifacts of unknown origins. We have the best minds barely scratching the surface attempting to understand what they have. We've made some progress but lack evolutionary brain power to fully grasp the scope. It's like us throwing a computer at a chimp.

- I asked this person isn't what we covered classified information, the response - If you were to tell anyone what i told you who would believe you and why should they. He got me there-

Well on that note let me ask you one more thing. Aside from war and the ill effects what do you know from the military that would shock me? A: If you saw what I saw the experiments that the military conducts you would never be the same EVER! What do you mean by that? A: When it comes to scientists out there in the real world they experiment with animals you can't deny that. In the government they experiment with humans. There is nothing more shocking than to see hybrid humans being bred with different animals to see which mutations render tolerances to endure mother nature. I am a different character in the military and let me tell you when you see something that looks like you, but isn't, it's the creepiest feeling you'll ever have and to know that it's really going on is the worst. I can do military and have seen the worst of worst, but when it comes to messing with mother nature something's not right. If you can think of it, the military has done it first!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertDeniro

Holy cow! You win the prize for the first post of 'I spoke to someone on the inside...' that I believe is actually true!!

Well done! The take on the aliens is one of the few probable states, and the honesty of the experimentation, while completely deplorable, fits the modus operandi.

And yes, there is zero chance a man ever landed on the moon. Man made ships yes - and they left mirrors - but a living man - not a chance.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
D

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
D

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join