It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Some ATS members have claimed that surveys that show the vast majority believe that NASA landed humans on the Moon are flawed because most people have not heard the 'facts' as provided by Moon Hoax theorists, and that if people knew these 'facts,' the overwhelming majority would vote that the landings were faked. Since everyone at ATS has access to many threads about this subject, I would like to propose an ad hoc survey. Please respond with a short, simple reply. This is not a discussion, but a survey. Do you believe:

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s?

B) The American space program landed humans on the Moon, but there were extra-terrestrial encounters kept secret from the public.

C) The American space program was even more extensive than publicly claimed.

D) The American space program never landed humans on the Moon.

E) Other (please describe in brief).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program proceeded more or less as recorded in the media and history books.

Naturally, there was a certain amount of 'spin,' and some of the less idealistic political motivations have been kept out of the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

D

(since that it the only one that reflects the core issue, now the American space program is only one (the public acknowledged one) so "that" program never landed a man in the moon, sadly I don't think I will be alive for any verification, repetition of the experience, let alone in an independent way )
edit on 16-2-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
E ..To be able to know for sure one way or another you have to really look at all the players involved .I kind of filp back and forth on the subject and only yesterday came across this blog.world-mysteries.com...
We all know that the different agencies have mislead us before and seem to keep doing it .I dont trust them enough to believe what we were forced fed through MSM and Hollywood .

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
C....it's always been fascinating to view the moon, and it's a wonder why we haven't been back in 40 years.....not only the US, but the world. You could say it was my first step into the conspiracy world because we obviously aren't plotting our way to Mars, so what gives?

The easy and logical answer would be that military might took precedence to human discovery, but I've never accepted that train of thought. The pure amount of manpower to get to Mars might be "cosmical" compared to landing on the Moon, but you would assume that the goal should have been clear after Armstrong's words...

Are you telling me that the rest of the world lacks the technology that 1960's USA had? Why hasn't anyone been back? Too many obvious questions with no answers anytime soon, imo....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

DJW001
Some ATS members have claimed that surveys that show the vast majority believe that NASA landed humans on the Moon are flawed because most people have not heard the 'facts' as provided by Moon Hoax theorists, and that if people knew these 'facts,' the overwhelming majority would vote that the landings were faked. Since everyone at ATS has access to many threads about this subject, I would like to propose an ad hoc survey. Please respond with a short, simple reply. This is not a discussion, but a survey. Do you believe:

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s?

B) The American space program landed humans on the Moon, but there were extra-terrestrial encounters kept secret from the public.

D) The American space program never landed humans on the Moon.

E) Other (please describe in brief).

E- There is a reason that nobody, not even the Russians sent a man to the moon, radiation, not only from the Sun but space in general.

The earth is protected by our magnetic shield, and our atmosphere, the solar system is protected by our Sun and its magnetic shield, and charged particle bubble known as the Helio pause.

Even with all these layers of protection the radiation still gets through, outside the atmosphere man gets many doses of radiation above levels acceptable to most, outside our magnetic shield.........ya it is factors worse.

Ground based electronics under the shield and the atmosphere get effected by radiation, outside of both is like sticking your head in a microwave.

Lets just apply reason, what seems more likely, we did the impossible, or we faked it in hollywood for the sake of beating the Russians?

Russia doesnt care about human life, there are many examples to prove this, we do care about human life, there are many examples to prove this.

So if Russia couldnt safely do this, even though they do not put a lot of stock into human safety, we did it while trying to be absolutely positive human life would be preserved.

Ya not buying it, it is contrary to logic, thus it is BS, the cold war was on, we had to win the hearts and minds after all, and facts are worth less than beliefs in this environment.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That is the most likely case IMO. There is always more to the story than is told to
the public. Also our space plane program is a good example of this, not a
commonly talked about and known subject but ongoing and extensive.

I would almost side with the slightly more crazy idea that we have some semblance
of a moon base. Heck that would be the best spot for a SHTF shelter as well. I would
bet there is a presidential shelter on the moon or maybe a really rich persons, who
knows.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
D:

The same answer as another poster but different reasons.. the Russians. America couldn't stand to lose face to the soviets and faked the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

E) We probably have been to the moon. Just not through the NASA missions. We're on Mars too, NASA lags behind to keep the public interested and willing to spend.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A.

I used to be a hoax fan because there are certain anomalies that I find troubling... most notably, why has the US never returned to the moon, why have Russia and China never even been once?

The deal-breaker for the official version (for me) was watching footage of the moon walks. It's blatantly obvious the men (and the Moon Rover) are operating in an environment of reduced gravity.

Speeding the film up doesn't make it appear normal either. I don't know of any technology that we had then - or now - which could have replicated that.

Not to mention the laser reflectors up there which we still fire lasers at to this day....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A.

Russia had the ability to expose any lies created by the US, they tracked the rockets and brought back soil samples almost identical to what The Apollo astronauts did.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A.

Keep in mind that 1/3 of Americans (according to a more formal survey) are not aware of the fact that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Oops... it is one in four. Here is a link:
Physics.org
edit on bu282014-02-16T08:30:37-06:0008America/ChicagoSun, 16 Feb 2014 08:30:37 -06008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Can't make a solid rock decision on this one.

I would go with A for sure...but with a little bit of B...and a whole lot of E.

We did go to the moon. Was everything made public about it? Who's to really know? Was everything as was shown totally impeccably legit? That's up for discussion.

Just my take though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
D

It was filmed in a studio, in lots of the moon landing pictures you can clearly see the background is a 2d picture and foreground is a sandpit with rocks.

It was all fabricated just to get one over on the Russians during the cold war. Smoke and mirrors that's the Americans forte.
edit on 16-2-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A

The program was so public throughout, explosions, successes and all.

Plus as another poster said, the Soviets would have called BS in a second since cold war spy games were huge.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A)

The technical aspects of space flight tested and put fourth during the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions appear to fit the profile of what was achievable during the 1960's, though at the very limits of period rocketry and computer design. The science and mechanical means make sense to me and the evidence in support of the landings far outweigh any supposed fake landing theories that I have yet come across.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'd have to cast my vote for A (thanks for including the phrase "more or less"), but I love entertaining the possibility of B or C, which I suppose is why I like visiting ATS.

I have seen a lot of info on the hoax angle, and while some details raise odd and unanswered questions, I still believe the space program happened "more or less" as portrayed in media and history. I can't buy the idea that we've never been to the moon at all.

I look forward to reading others' thoughts - it's a good question with thoughtful options for answers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join