It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US army builds fake city to shoot at during training

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
US army builds fake city to shoot at during training

The US army has built a fake city designed to be used during combat training exercises.

The 300 acre 'town' includes a five story embassy, a bank, a school, an underground subway and train station, a mosque, a football stadium, and a helicopter landing zone.

Source

Possible that it's really just training for homeland attacks or is it something more. What say you ATS?

Seems it's already posted as concern in conspiracy circles. As is and worthy of discussion. Headline is article title. Sorry if already posted but it did not show on search.
edit on 15-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: source link

edit on 15-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: image

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its just a real live version of Call of Duty thats all

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

seeing how combat has moved from the jungles to deserts and now in urban locations. training in cities is next step in training.

when i was in the Marine Corps we trained mostly for jungle and desert combat. and had training locations that simulated both.
when i went to barracks duty, it became more of a ubarn setting, and we trained in unused areas of the navy side.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They've been doing this for as long as I can remember. Never saw one this big though.

We had one we trained in at Ft Lewis back in the 70's designed for urban warfare scenarios. It was never even considered for training against Americans.

That was then. Don't about their motivations now.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The military has built things like this before. There are even areas where training takes place that are actual towns.Whenever it happens it usually makes headlines on sites like this. By building these training areas it should cut down on sensational headlines of that nature. They will also be ables to simulate more realistic environments and scenarios.

Remember last year they trained in in Miami and there were all sorts of "what if's" being tossed around ATS about it.

Anyway fixed your link here.
edit on 15-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The only reason I see for the US Army to build a fake $96M town, is to practice killing / rounding-up / locking-down the towns inhabitants.

I doubt they are thinking that the American homeland will be invaded by other countries and towns taken over - it appears more likely that this is a domestic exercise - one where martial law is in place and the police cannot control the population.

Even the Corporal says it is to determine possibilities that are not yet apparent.

Glad to see the government of Backwardassville prioritizing things, lucky you have zero unemployment and no homeless and hungry.

So, when they come for your guns and your loyalty, and they will, they will be prepared for door-to-door operations.

The question then becomes.....will you be prepared to receive them?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thanks, got it working now in the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Please tell the Army we will be shooting back...uh just in case they decide to go live!

Good day!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hmm nice .. fancy training area they have now compared to what they had back in the 60's early 70's .. most likely still running the same old training scenarios ...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have actively trained in facilities like this and will tell you it was paramount to my education and survival when it wasn't a simulated training event. Are you suggesting American troops go without proper training that will help them survive the rigors of combat or are you suggesting it is too AMerican looking and not like other places we may have to fight in abroad? The best places to train are the ones that are most absurd for the mentality of those trying to survive most scenarios are not exactly what you think and teach very real and very vital lessons. In places like these rescue training happens, Helo rope suspension, simulated NEO ops, world disaster, combat, MOUT, cold weather, SERE, etc, training occurs not all of it is exactly what you think it is regardless of what you read, I am particularly proud my unit just didn't spill its heart out to MOA over what we trained for in places like this and was never uncomfortable knowing that the citizens knew we had places like this to hone our ability to do what we do best. Let me tell you something, I learned cpr and a lot of trauma med in a training environment just like this that directly applied to something that happened in another country that wasnt involved in OIF OEF not all of us young warriors are restricted to duties across the globe and with all the cuts and red tape I am glad to see more modern training fields for those that choose to do this type of thing.

Oh yeah not that it matters to some I have been in this place and it is a bit older then what ENGLAND is saying it is for example the building in the top left pic in the 4 pic layout in the op is actually an orientation center with a pool designed to teach soldiers how to deal with certain things aquatic and acts as a COC. above all that I guess the UK wants Americans to believe live ammo gets shot here because we can afford to replace all the glass in most of these buildings??
edit on 15-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Urban war is not something new. Most wars are in cities. Yes a good portion of Vietnam was jungle and Iraq is in the dessert it was still city. WWI and WWII were both fought in European cities so again urban fighting is not the new thing it's the oldest thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Thanks for sharing your experience at the place, etc. In particular as the article and replies suggest as well as my own concerns, the worry that it's training on American soil, with an American city setting.
Training for, if future attacks happen in the US similar to the Boston Bombing's neighborhood lock down? Or Training for gun confiscation, how citizens will act when troops come to the door. Well, the corporal says he doesn't know yet.

Are you suggesting American troops go without proper training that will help them survive the rigors of combat or are you suggesting it is too AMerican looking and not like other places we may have to fight in abroad?

edit on 16-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Its alot more like it is easier to train when you crawl before you walk. Would it disturb you to know that there are 1000 + facilities like this some of them model other countries. What I find disturbing is the idea that the UK papers making a snotty know it all jab and is making ats'rs question the strength of their troops and where their loyalties lay. I'm not going to get into any of the blood and guts of it but will say that most of us are just like you. These places do not serve one singular function, they serve many. Would it hurt your feelings to know that they have ones like this that even have artificial climate and plants to suit the landscape for the country you are training to fight in? I mean a western city could be trained in but the people would freak out because soldiers carry weapons when all they are doing is urban rescue, the problem lies in, their training isn't supposed to be public thats one reason why places like this are built.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
UH. I guess so...another 96 mil for a bunch more prick waving later on......ho hum....
the homeless and the poor will always be the ones who pay for this #.....
the Tiny middle class (whats left of it) is too busy paying the bills for their lifestyle to notice....
The great unwashed have to suffer another 96 mil worth of privation to keep them soldier boys ready and trained to kill.....who?
that doesn't matter...long as they are ready, the gov boys will designate somebody.......

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't understand why this is a big deal.

The Army is going to have to fight in the streets at some point.

They put in representations of what soldiers might find in an urban theater of war. This is to train on what structures can be shot at and which should be bypassed. Since we are in the middle east and we would probably be encountering things like mosques it would be prudent to know what to look for.

You should see the stuff they got built up at the National Training Center in California. I've done a rotation there. The whole purpose of our training is to train like we fight. So when you guys see stuff like this just remember this:

We are not a feel good organization.

We are here to fight and win wars.

Fighting and winning wars requires lots of training.

We need to build places to train, airspace to fly, and stuff to shoot at and blow up...'cause that's what we do.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Urban warfare is the meat grinder of modern tactics. Constant training are sim-unitions are needed to deploy an effective fighting force into "real" world situations.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

That looks good..when I was in back in the 90s we had a facility in Georgia that was pretty nice...but some of the buildings looked unfinished or just had plywood walls. It was a large area and had an old broken helicopter on a landing pad. I remember at the time they were telling us we were lucky to be training there because delta force often had slotted for it. I can say by your pics those buildings look much nicer but I have a feeling the insides probably arent as nice.

As an infantryman it was nice to have a large scale training area like this to really practice maneuvers. This stuff has been around for atleast 2 decades but that one surely is really nice!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Here you go if you want to learn more about what goes on at that facility...

www.awg.army.mil...

And here is a little video on the facility...

edit on 16-2-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That's right! They need a place to train to kill the American Population when Martial Law is implemented to disarm the population!

This is why the commanders that are not agreeing to kill their fellow Americans are being sacked. This is also why there have been reports of 12,000 foreign troops being placed in the main cities around the country.

I wonder if they will use the Super Soldiers the Humanzees to quell the uprising as well?

Christ Knows! Most of the theories as to why they are building this mock city are just theories!

But if a Government can kill it's own people in 9/11 just to get to war in the Middle East then there is no telling what they will do to disarm it in an uprising!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Oh yeah...You got us!

Just itching to kill my own people and destroy my own home. Go Army!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join