It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN To Slam N Korea's 'Crimes Against Humanity'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The crimes of the North Korean dictatorship are well publicised and it does not take a UN report to make it all new.

The nation who has been complicit in propping up this affront to humanity is China. China fears a unified Korea under a successful democratic South Korea, so play crass politics to keep its dysfunctional neighbour running.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So what is one supposed to do? Stand by and twiddle our thumbs and be guilty of allowing this decades long genocide to carry on? Do we ignore the Holocaust today? I certaintly don't. We should honour the millions who died by having the guts to stand up to North Korea who are doing what the Nazis did. And as to invading other countries, if they could get away with it, they would invade South Korea in a flash.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The UN is just a big fake extension of the western industrial military complex and sadly can't be trusted to do anything.

Look at Palestine, a country completely bullied by the west and victim of an insidious torture and genocide.

The UN laughs in their face, how can they ever be expected to bring anything but more pain to the people of NK?

The world needs a hero, not more lies.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I agree what Israel are doing to the Palestinians is deplorable and should quite rightly be condemned. I do not condone their behaviour. However it is not quite the same as what is happening in North Korea with multiple concentrations camps scattered around the country and the human rights abuses that are so rife over there. I have read one account by an ex guard at one of the camps admitting that chemical/gas chambers were used. Echoes of the Holocaust to be sure. I just think it stinks to high heaven that the world is turning a blind eye to what is going on. It disgusts me.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Many always talk about the Nazis when it comes to horrible atrocities, but they forget the former USSR. It was akin to Nazi Germany, at least many decades ago, as things were not AS bad closer to the dissolution of the country...but they were still pretty bad...I guess that is beside the point though. North Korea definitely has committed the same types of atrocities.

And what makes me think that things are even worse in NK than in these other places, is that it doesn't seem that anyone would dare question the leader. In these other countries you still had people who could talk to the leader and attempt to get them to change their minds, and I just don't think this would happen in NK. Maybe I'm wrong, since we don't really know what is going on over there.

But that doesn't matter. What matters is that something needs to be done, because there are millions of people who are suffering under that sadist regime. And I completely agree with you that if ever there was justification for war, this is it. I mean look at why Bush took us to war in Iraq. Is there anyone who wants to tell me that Iraq was justified, but NK action is not? Of course Bush lied, and made out like there were WMD's, and he also made it a point to state that we must keep the moral high ground. If ANY of that were true, then war with NK is justified.

We know they have WMD's, and they are more likely to use them than any other country that has them at the moment. The regime needs to be toppled, and the country unified under a democratic government. Sure, democratic forms of government are notoriously corrupt, but they are not as bad as what NK currently has. Our rights and freedoms are trampled on all the time, but we at least still have some. They have none over there.

The biggest problem would be that all out war would cost lots of money, and potentially lots of lives. Then other countries could be pulled into the fray. But it is probably destined to happen at some point. If a country like China would come to the aid of the North Korean government, then they too probably deserve to have a regime change and war on their soil. That goes for any country who supports the government of North Korea. I mean what would a country like China say to the world regarding why they would support NK? Knowing the atrocities that occur there? But they occur in China as well, any China is probably ripe for invasion as well. Or at least some strategic bombing.

If American boys can go off and die for something as pointless as what we see in Iraq, then surely they could fight to end injustice in NK. At least they would KNOW what they would be fighting for, and WHO they were fighting against.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Your words deserve 10 Stars, ;
UN
'seful Nowhere'.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The only way it might happen is if China allows it. Nobody wants to go to war with China since that could become pretty chaotic in alot of ways. Even then, going to war with North Korea won't be a walk in the park. It would be dangerous and there would be a large loss of life. The fact of the matter is, most of the world doesn't care about the North Korean people, and conquering North Korea isn't all that much of a benefit to anyone besides the North Koreans themselves, aside from less talk of nuclear doom and destruction whenever they want aid.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well China is pretty fed up wit North Korea off the record. When North Korea rattled it's nuclear saber last year, it amassed troops along the North Korean boarder. They do not want thousands of refugees flooding into China should war break out. Another possibility is that China will not allow Un to play with nuclear toys and the massing of troops along the boarder was a warning to Un to put his nuclear firecrackers inside his toybox. So I think China is all to mindful about what goes on in North Korea. It will not allow it to threatened their own country.

North Korea is also rumoured to have a certain type of mineral that is used in computers. I forget the name of it. So once the Kim Dynasty and military brass is gone and some form of government is installed that is more open and fairly democratic, investors could turn around North Korea and it would eventually become a bit like South Korea and they could even establish trade links with China. So it would be a win win situation for everyone except of course for the Kim Dynasty, if Un is not dead then he would be in a prison somewhere getting a taste of what he has done to his own people.

As to the assertion that the West do not care about the North Korean people, I don't think that is entirely accurate. The western leaders may be hypocritical, and not give a damn but I suspect the average Joe Bloggs who takes an interest in world affairs does. Oh and perhaps I should mention that the Red Cross does do humanitarian work in North Korea, albeit on a very limited scale given the strict limits imposed by North Korea.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
I agree what Israel are doing to the Palestinians is deplorable and should quite rightly be condemned. I do not condone their behaviour. However it is not quite the same as what is happening in North Korea with multiple concentrations camps scattered around the country and the human rights abuses that are so rife over there. I have read one account by an ex guard at one of the camps admitting that chemical/gas chambers were used. Echoes of the Holocaust to be sure. I just think it stinks to high heaven that the world is turning a blind eye to what is going on. It disgusts me.

Let me point out a couple of things to u Wirral.

The US has 1,000's of Concentration Camps scattered across the world. At the end of WW2 the US through their concentration camps on the river Rhine killed over 1.7 Million Germans. Those camps were called the Eisenhower Death Camps! These Germans that were slaughtered by the American Military were not just soldiers but they were just plain ordinary folk too!

Eisenhower's Holocaust

So u talk about Human Rights? How about all the secret bases where they do all their Human / Animal experiments?

Or the US bombing innocent Japanese with 2 Nuclear Weapons to test their new doomsday weapons!

And may I remind you that it was Donald Rumsfeld that sold Nuclear Weapon Technology and Nukes to the North Koreans in the first place!

And what about Zionist Israel? That disgusting nation that not only slaughters Palestinians and are wanting to slaughter Syrians and Iranians just because of their ethnicity and the fact they live on land that Israel wants. Like you said! They are deplorable! Not only that, they are Racists and Bigots. Lest we forget it was the Zionists that created the Jewish Holocaust in the first place and continue to use the Jews in their quest for more world power!

The North Koreans have nothing on the US and Israel!

Because of this constant barrage of information about North Korea the people of the West are indeed turning a blind eye! Away from the atrocities committed by their own Governments!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

stevcolx

Wirral Bagpuss

Let me point out a couple of things to u Wirral.

The US has 1,000's of Concentration Camps scattered across the world. At the end of WW2 the US through their concentration camps on the river Rhine killed over 1.7 Million Germans. Those camps were called the Eisenhower Death Camps! These Germans that were slaughtered by the American Military were not just soldiers but they were just plain ordinary folk too!

Eisenhower's Holocaust

So u talk about Human Rights? How about all the secret bases where they do all their Human / Animal experiments?

Or the US bombing innocent Japanese with 2 Nuclear Weapons to test their new doomsday weapons!

And may I remind you that it was Donald Rumsfeld that sold Nuclear Weapon Technology and Nukes to the North Koreans in the first place!

And what about Zionist Israel? That disgusting nation that not only slaughters Palestinians and are wanting to slaughter Syrians and Iranians just because of their ethnicity and the fact they live on land that Israel wants. Like you said! They are deplorable! Not only that, they are Racists and Bigots. Lest we forget it was the Zionists that created the Jewish Holocaust in the first place and continue to use the Jews in their quest for more world power!

The North Koreans have nothing on the US and Israel!

Because of this constant barrage of information about North Korea the people of the West are indeed turning a blind eye! Away from the atrocities committed by their own Governments!

Have I ever said the USA were saints? Of course it is not. I acknowledge they dropped two Bombs on Japan. Also please don't make assumptions on what I may or may not know about Israel. As it happens I also disagree with their Zionist agenda. Just because I did not mention that earlier does not mean I do not know about such things. And yes I do know Donald Rumsfeld is a nasty piece of work whom I would not trust to change my cat's litter tray. Then again a lot of politicians are.

But this thread is about North Korea. I know that crimes have been committed by MANY countries around the world. But I cannot stay silent about the concentration camps in North Korea. As I have said before, when one day the Kim Dynasty finally goes, and lets face it, no empire lasts forever, then the world will see the true horror of what happened. And I suspect many people will be ashamed that nothing was done to stop a Holocaust that was as evil as the Nazi Holocaust, the Russian Gulag/Purges or the killing fields in Cambodia. I wont forget my visit to the concentration camp in Prague. That will haunt me forever. And especially seeing the names of all those who died written on the walls of the Holocaust Memorial museum in Prague. I was unaware at the time, but my friend later told me that all the colour drained from my face when I first saw all the names. I believe we should make a stand. What if it was your loved one? By making a stand now we are also preventing the realisation of such camps opening up in our own countries. And before you cry FEMA camps, they are not proven to be active camps. We cannot know what the purpose of the camps are at this moment in time. No one as far as I am aware is being held in such camps.

My thoughts are with the hundreds of thousands who are currently living in hell in the concentration camps in North Korea. I am sure that they would share my sentiment that the concentration camps are evil and that they must be liberated. We humans are so barbaric. We call ourselves civilised living in the 21st century. But as long as these concentration camps are in existence, we as a human race, have no right to call ourselves civilised at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

North Korea is up to something..

themindfulpatriot.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

joshua207

North Korea is up to something..

themindfulpatriot.blogspot.com...

That does not sound good. And the Chinese will not be happy bunnies if Un goes ahead with this. In fact it could well spur the Chinese to back a UN resolution with regards to North Korea and put an end to this sordid Kim Dynasty or even perhaps send in a team to take out the North Korean leadership and put in soft communism, something akin to what China is now but without the military BS. I don't think the Chinese Premier fancies a glowing Chinese takeaway for his supper!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
The UN.......shaking their finger at a nation for "human rights violations"?
Oh, I chuckle at the hypocrisy.

The UN is a slave to its membership, soiled by the politics of the Security Council and the silliness of some of its members. That said, the UN has done some extraordinary things for the planet since its creation after WW2. You can cry about the Palestinians and let that rule your view, or do a bit of digging to see that the day-to-day work of the UN makes a difference to millions - if not billions of people on this planet. I would rather a flawed UN than none at all.

On topic. I guess what the UN can do is assert some influence on China to do something about their Mini-Me. The UN is hardly going to deploy to Korea if China - a member of the Security Council - vetoes any such action. However, what high level discussion will do is put China on the spot and make them look like tools if they don't at least show some leadership to deal with their offspring.

Regards

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Expat888 Still waiting to see the u.n. slam the u.s and israel for their human rights violations ... guess it easier for them to go after countries like iran , nk etc .. rather than go after the worlds biggest violators of human rights ..

Truer words were never spoken.

That is a joke.

For those who worship at the alter of demagoguery, but hey folks the topic is about

NORTH KOREA.

Back to the deflection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join