It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN To Slam N Korea's 'Crimes Against Humanity'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Crimes against humanity, such as the extermination and starvation of people, have been committed in North Korea, a UN Commission is expected to say.

It has apparently discovered evidence of an array of such crimes which also include a widespread campaign of abductions of individuals in South Korea and Japan.

The reclusive, authoritarian state is notorious for its political prisons camps, repression and famine that claimed hundreds of thousands of lives in the 1990s.

UN To Slam N Korea's 'Crimes Against Humanity'

It is about time that the North Korean regime were brought to book on 60 years of concentration camps and mass murder of it's own people. If there was ever a justified case for war this is it. North Korea is akin to Nazi Germany with it's concentration camps. God knows what horror stories we will hear if one day North Korea is freed from the clutches of the Kim Dynasty and the full scale of the concentration camps is revealed to the world. I think it will bring back haunting memories of the notorious Nazi concentration camps.

What gets me is the blatant hyprocrisy of the world community over North Korea. We all go on about human rights and yet have allowed this to go on for 60 years. The UN Security Council should hold a meeting and all agree to go in with blue helmets and take out fatboy and his cronies and liberate the North Korean people. Both Koreas could reunite if it wished or North Korea can have its own sovereignty but a democratic one.

I don't have any argument with the North Korean people, many of whom do not know much about the outside world and are brainwashed. Although admittedly some contraband stuff is seeping through such as CD's, DVD's etc which portray the outside world, both good and bad points. It is the elite and Kim Dynasty and the military brass that should be held accountable for the crimes that have taken place.

So. What are the odds for this nasty brutal regieme of coming to an end? Will it implode? Will the Chinese cut off a troublesome appendix? Or will the UN finally show some balls and send in troops in a humanitarian mission to free North Korea and the concentration camps?

Free North Korea now! Destroy the concentration camps. Free the people!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The trouble with "UN sending in troops", however attractive it may sound, is that it becomes a dangerous precedent.
Let me see- "That country's attitude towards gays or blacks, or their failure to provide adequate housing for their people, is a crime against humanity..."

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im normaly the last to cheer for war. But in this case id make a exception. Id even volenteer my own services .

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

DISRAELI

The trouble with "UN sending in troops", however attractive it may sound, is that it becomes a dangerous precedent.
Let me see- "That country's attitude towards gays or blacks, or their failure to provide adequate housing for their people, is a crime against humanity..."

Well clearly common sense is needed. However I think that the use of UN troops to go in and free the concentration camps is completely justified. I visited such a Nazi concentration camp in the Czech Republic and that haunts me to this day. What if it was your relative holed up in a camp? Believe you me if I had a loved one trapped in there, I would do a Chuck Norris and kill Mr Un myself.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The difference between N.Korea and Nazi Germany, Hitler didn't have nukes.

If Kim Jong Un is backed into a corner where he thinks he might be beaten, he would have nothing to loose with unleashing nuclear death upon everyone who stood against him.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Still waiting to see the u.n. slam the u.s and israel for their human rights violations ... guess it easier for them to go after countries like iran , nk etc .. rather than go after the worlds biggest violators of human rights ..

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Expat888
Still waiting to see the u.n. slam the u.s and israel for their human rights violations ... guess it easier for them to go after countries like iran , nk etc .. rather than go after the worlds biggest violators of human rights ..

The fox guarding the hen house comes to mind

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The diffrence between north korea and nazi germany is nazi germany invaded other countries. ANY country that inades other countries esspecially those unable to fight back, is a threat to world peace and there for a fair target for war, where as North Korea treats its people horrifically but it is down to the people in the country to decide to abolish their govenment and no foreign power has the right to decide for them.

So unless north korea carrys through on its threats and actually attacks Japan/south korea/anywhere else it is neither our responsiblility or our right to attack them.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

No, No, No...

The UN already fought a war with North Korea back in the 50s and Technically the war never ended. UN/Western invasion of North Korea?

No, Why doesn't China and Russia step up to the plate and take out their old Cold War bastard child instead? They're the ones who propped up, supplied and provided that state with first massive amounts of weapons and then later trade and food all the while North Korea brain washes it's own people with the false idea of Juche *Self Reliance* unless of course they want to black mail the West and regional Allies. Like they have repeatedly going back decades.

China should stop wanting to be a major world player and start acting like one and deal with their old style Cold War Frankenstein neighbor. South Korea and her Allies should do as they have. Stand watch.

My heart does go out to all those who have died in those camps.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

iRoyalty

The difference between N.Korea and Nazi Germany, Hitler didn't have nukes.

If Kim Jong Un is backed into a corner where he thinks he might be beaten, he would have nothing to loose with unleashing nuclear death upon everyone who stood against him.

Ahhh but you forget Telmark. The Nazis were looking to develop the bomb, the allies got the bomb first. History may well have been different had Hitler succeeded in getting the Bomb first.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

monkofmimir
The diffrence between north korea and nazi germany is nazi germany invaded other countries. ANY country that inades other countries esspecially those unable to fight back, is a threat to world peace and there for a fair target for war, where as North Korea treats its people horrifically but it is down to the people in the country to decide to abolish their govenment and no foreign power has the right to decide for them.

So unless north korea carrys through on its threats and actually attacks Japan/south korea/anywhere else it is neither our responsiblility or our right to attack them.

This though is the problem. North Korea is a country run on fear. If anyone dares speak out, not only is the person executed but three generations of the same family are sent packing to a concentration camp. People have been born and died inside a concentration camp knowing no other life at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Expat888

Very good point there. The US and Israel do have cases to answer for. Of that I completely agree.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If the UN has a problem with a nation like North Korea (and it's about time a few truths were faced in that venue and openly like this) then it's a problem with Kim, himself. Even Iran is a multi-branch Government with separation of powers and everything. North Korea is like Libya was for being a cult of personality though. In the DPRK, the people are literally taught that Dear Leader is divine in the spiritual sense of the term. It's become one of a kind (thank goodness) and hopefully not for decades longer.

Still, war to kill millions is a sorry solution. People should demand world leaders show some personal courage and direct those drone attacks on the other leader, not civilian population.

They won't do this because when it starts, all leaders become vulnerable after one of the last real taboos falls. It seems it's more logical to have fights between nations than the actual men with the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Expat888

Truer words were never spoken.

In fact, could it be that the only difference between NK and Fedgov is the size of the military assets and the coverage of the propaganda?

NK is run by a psychopath.
The US is run by groups of psychopaths. (banksters, Wall Streeters, sockpaper politicians, Isreali PAC's, etc)

NK kidnapped regional people.
The US kidnaps people around the world.

NK tortures and murders regional people.
The US tortures and murders people around the world.

NK disappears people.
The US disappears people.

NK has secret prisons.
The US has secreat prisons.

Plus ..... the US is using the World Bank, IMF and UN to loot entire countries while simultaneously the banksters are looting the wealth of US citizens.

We really must retake control of our media by rackeetering charges or whatever means are necessary. Until people focus on the real threats to humanity (1), raising a fuss about one tiny dictator is nothing more than more misdirection in the house of smoke and mirrors.

(1) central banks, criminal corporations, the US, the UN

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Expat888
I was thinking the EXACT same thing, Expat.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If war were to break out, it wouldn't bode well for either side. Kim would use everything he has to wipe out S. Korea and America.

The North Korea military is not a bunch of unorganized soldiers... These are trained soldiers with "Die for the Dear Leader" mentality... They will do whatever they can to win.

...Even nukes if need be

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nothing constructive will come from this. Why? Because North Korea doesn't care what the world thinks of them. They never have. The ruling communist party has an internal agenda and they will continue to follow it so long as they are in power, period. Any condemnation directed at them is always labelled "Imperialist propaganda" and dismissed, followed by a healthy dose of the hard line rhetoric extolling their virtues and dismissing all others outside their spheres of influence.

And this will continue so long as China supports them. Aid and cash have been flowing like crude through a pipeline through the north border and is the only reason NK still exists in the form we see today. Instead of leveling angry words and letters at a regime which is unaffected by it, I think the pressure should be ratcheted up on China instead. They're the ones who have been keeping the Kim dynasty on life support since it's creation and in my opinion are guilty of the abuse and genocide within North Korea by proxy.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah..the UN...as if we can trust them to accomplish anything. They bend over to political pressure from the West, and when the # hits the fan, they send people over to turbulent countries just to sit on their arses, and twiddle their thumbs, all the while people get slaughtered. They are a worthless council.

I will tell you what will happen in this scenario:

- The UN will reveal the human rights violations of the DPRK.

- China will veto any attempt from the UN to harm the DPRK.

- As a result, the UN becomes effectively worthless, as China does not want the DPRK to fall (due to military, economic means etc)

- UN will refer human rights violations of the DPRK to International Criminal Court.

- The International Criminal Court will not, and can not do anything, as the DPRK has never signed, nor acceded to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

- DPRK will continue to impede on its citizen's rights.

edit on 15-2-2014 by daaskapital because: sp and clarification

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The UN.......shaking their finger at a nation for "human rights violations"?

Oh, I chuckle at the hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join